full command

15 warriors of undivided 315
additional hand weapons
full command, war banner

2 x 5 warhounds 60

2x 5/5 beastherd 150
champions, additional ahnd weapins

3 minotaurs of nurgle 172

general plan is to use nurgle magic to kill things and right before i charge into the flanks with my beastherds i can use the power stone to ensure i get the bears anger off for extra killy goodness.

Riddy
14-07-2005, 07:44
Looks pretty solid, i dont know about the size of the chosen unit, looks a little small to me, i would personally drop the upgrade for more warriors. Your beastherds also look a little small but the enemy has bigger things to worry about so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Megilain
14-07-2005, 08:00
What are your plans in using the exalted champion? He cannot join any other units than the minotaurs or the herds, which he would only slow down.

I wouldnīt leave home without at least one scroll in a 1500 points game...

Neknoh
14-07-2005, 08:24
Actually he cannot join anything but the Minotaurs since the Beast Herds are Beast units.

As for the army itself:

Exalted champion of nurgle 170
sword ow might, enchanted shield

- Nurgle Characters are VERY hard, your Exalted Champion is better than most Human Lords when marked with Nurgle, however, better or not, I would give him the Slaughterers Blade or the Crown of Everlasting Conquest... or possably the Gaze of the Gods.

Unless you give him the Slaughterers Blade, give him a Hallberd or a Greatweapon (I favour Hallberds myself).

scorcerer of nurgle lvl 2 205
spell farmilar, plague challace

brayshaman lvl2 166
power stone
goretooth
braystaff

- both are very nice characters, I would keep them.

11 chosen warriors undivided 261
full command

-. . .you do know that neither of your Mortal Heroes can join this unit and that the Bray Shaman cannot join ANY mortal unit.

-As for the unit itself, I would try and use units of 18 Warriors with Shields, Hallberds, Full Command and the Mark of Nurgle to make sure to be able to get that Outnumber Bonus when winning a battle.

15 warriors of undivided 315
additional hand weapons
full command, war banner

-The same goes for this unit as well, 16 or 18 normal Warriors with Hallberds and Shields should be fine, especially if you give them the Warbanner.

2 x 5 warhounds 60

-Always good

2x 5/5 beastherd 150
champions, additional ahnd weapins

-Unless you plan to use these ones for Screening as well, I would drop them or upper their numbers.

-Or, I would combine them into a single Herd to hide your Bray Shaman in.

3 minotaurs of nurgle 172

-Nice

general plan is to use nurgle magic to kill things and right before i charge into the flanks with my beastherds i can use the power stone to ensure i get the bears anger off for extra killy goodness.

A god plan, though the Goretooth can only be used once in Close Combat and your opponent will save a Dispell Scroll for it.

User Name
15-07-2005, 05:00
I was unaware nither of my nurgle charicters could join the warriors as thatr was my plan, the beastherds were ment to provide flank and screen protection, to flank or go hunting war machiens or take on other small units. I might have to drop them for marks of nurgle on my warriors, but combining them for a bodygaurd for the shaman is a better idea,

But I need to get the marks of nurgle for both warrior units, shame that would take like 100 points.

I could make the exalted undivided, but I really dont want too, but it might be the only way to keep all the needed components of the list, changing the mark on the exalted and giving it to the non chosen warriors so they can babysit the scorcrer.

Hannibal
16-07-2005, 16:37
Well, a few opinions:

- The beastherd is good for some things, but not for beeing a flank saver!!!! Extremly low Ld means easy to beat and if a fear causing unit charges them, they will eventually run. I think a spawn might be a better idea!

Well, if you couldnīt find the points for mark of nurgle, I would eventually give the exalted a steed of any kind. He then becomes more manoeuverable and shooting isnīt that of a big problem if you place him rightly. To give him more fluff, you could give him a great weapon and that item that allows to regenerate. He will now be a tough, fast, hard hitting center of your army.

- Minos, they bear great weapons, arenīt they? Well, in that case it is one of the best units in the game.

- Warhounds are nice point fillers and sometimes war machine hunters, but nothing more. I would eventually try to spend the points on better thingies.

- Chaos Warriors. With these guys you often try to be in two worlds: strenghts and numbers, which canīt be done. IMO you have to decide wether to go strong (with warriors) or to go on numbers (with marauders). But have in mind that combats will be won by combat resolution. Thatīs the reason why chaos warriors are rarely seen on the field. Their advantages over maarauders arenīt that great to justify the high points cost.
With Nurgle the best way to field Chaos Warriors is in relatively big blocks to gain any advantage of this freakinī expensive mark. Led by a potent character and reliying on high T and AS, such a unit might have a chance. But have in mind that Nurgle markked units may not reroll their moral checks.

- Furies. I seriously recomment these babies! With a small unit of beastmen, these babies can go mage hunting, war machine hunting and therefore weaken the opponents most powerful tools against you. which brings us to

- Magic. Seriously, I can see no way to go magic heavy with Nurgle! You have to see that the number of power dice arenīt the only messure for magic power. The usefullness of spells also is an indicator. And here the Nurgle list doesnīt shine. Sure, there are some potent spells, but there are some nearly useless spells, too. It heavily depends on luck to get the better spells and most often all your opponent has to do is to dispel the dangerous ones and laugh at the rest.

Nevertheless there are some nice things with Nurgle, but mainly seen under a light of fluff or feel:

- Chaos Trolls. They are more feared than they should, but I find them to be the only must have in terms of fluff.

- An exalted demon, mark of Nurgle, stream of corruption, level two mage and that 5+ ward save is one of my most loved heros. Terror, a flame template and some nice cc ability makes it a good supporter in each Nurgle army. And best of all, it is not a large target. I simply love it!

- Minotaurs, but youīve already chosen them.

- Most people like spawns, I never fielded them. But I can see their use.

- Giant. With some conversion it can give you that outstanding model and some punch too. It is a nice counter charger and can hold a flank on his own. My giant more often survives than he dies.

- Maurauder horsemen. Light cavalry are simply too good to overlook them. The best overal supporters you can have. I would go simple and just use 5 with a musician.

- If you want to have a cheap, powerfull combat unit, go with a big herde of beasties . They are the best unit in the entire game!

Well, I think I have told you enough at the moment. If you still have some questions, ask them. I will try to answer.

What I donīt want to do is to force you to leave the Nurgle path! But you should always consider that Nurgle is the weakest army out there. Fun to play, but hard too.

Hannibal