PDA

View Full Version : 2k Vampire list Heavy Necromancers

sergentzimm
11-01-2007, 00:56
So is this over the top? How would you rate this list? Any suggestions? I really love creating zombies and skeletons.

One change I may make is to replace one necro with a wraith to add a bit of combat and some terror. Thoughts?

2000 Pts - Vampire Counts Army

1 Necrarch Vampire Count @ 353 Pts
Necrarch; General; Barding; Magic Level 2
Nehekara's Noble Blood [45]
Unholy Cynosure [20]
Ring of the Night [30]

1 Nightmare @ [0] Pts

1 Necromancer @ 140 Pts
Magic Level 2
Staff of Damnation [40]

1 Necromancer @ 150 Pts
Magic Level 2
Book of Arkhan [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

1 Necromancer @ 125 Pts
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll [25]

5 Dire Wolves @ 50 Pts

5 Ghouls @ 58 Pts

1 Ghast @ [10] Pts

18 Skeleton Warriors @ 234 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Skeleton Captain @ [10] Pts

18 Skeleton Warriors @ 215 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Skeleton Captain @ [10] Pts

17 Zombies @ 117 Pts
Standard; Musician

2 Spirit Hosts @ 130 Pts

9 Black Knights @ 335 Pts
Barding; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Banner of the Barrows [45]

1 Hell Knight @ [16] Pts

10 Nightmare @ [0] Pts

1 Banshee @ 90 Pts

Casting Pool: 11

Dispel Pool: 7

Models in Army: 83

Total Army Cost: 1997

Jester007
11-01-2007, 01:51
Awesome magic going on here. Which I think is mandatory for VC. As to replacing the Necro with the wraith.... Terror can be helpful, but that's all the wraith is good for. I personally don't like him, but it just depends on what you're going for. The ghouls will be good for taking out other skirmishers or warmachines due to their T 4, 2 attacks with poison, and them causing Fear as well.

Spirit Hosts I find to be tricky. I've seen them work wonders, and I've seen them crumble. They aren't really meant as a solid fighting unit. You could use them to hunt down warmachine crews. Being ethereal can save them a lot of times. But that makes them a prime target for spells, so be careful.

The black knights are pretty tough. Good armor, S 6 with killing blow on the charge, and a 7" move. If you plan on doing what I think you're doing (which is put your Lord in with them), you're gonna make that unit the prime target for your opponent. Which could be good or bad. Cause he/she might just focus on killing that one unit (getting charged by 4 kroxigors is never a good day for any knight!! S 7 hits leave a mark). If you manuver them wisely (made easier thanks to Dance Macabre), then you'll do splendidly with them. Cause even though a Necarch is -2 WS, you still have 4 attacks at S5 and he himself is T5. Nothing to joke about!

Other than the things pointed out, I think the list is pretty good. Just have to play test it now! Good luck. Later! Got Squig?

vorac
11-01-2007, 02:44
forget the wraith just take the fourth necro with the spell familiar and a dispel scrolll and choose death magic, you have a 50% chance of getting walking death and then any of your fear causing units can cause fear:)

sergentzimm
12-01-2007, 16:34
Well I played the list with a wraith last night. It was not good. My magic was completely ineffective! I missed a total of 10 spells by one point, yes this included my lord and his +1! I failed to raise one undead model.

So back to the list. I am thinking of switching it up a bit. I do like the wraith, especially with the cursed book (which i forgot about last night). I am also thinking of switching over to von carstein (sp?) and having a bit more fighting chance.

The reason I gave my character a horse is to give him a 5+ save. He would not go with my wights as, IIRC, mounted characters can now hide in units.

So I found out how bad it can be when magic is completely ineffective. It is rough for vampires, especially when the list is very reliant on the magic. I am refocusing this closer to a generic vampire list with two necromancers.

Oh and I am converting an old steam tank into a black coach!