PDA

View Full Version : Farseer on Vyper

Kaleb79
11-01-2007, 23:18
This is obviously a Work In Progress

It's a Farseer on a Jetbike but I thought being the leader of the army he deserved his own personal chauffeur, so I've stuck him on a Vyper with his own personalised Fighting Platform :skull:

I haven't stuck all of the parts on yet so some of them are just stuck on with bluetack. Does it look funky enough? Got a lot of Greenstuffing to do - Painting should be fun too

Alsiaie
11-01-2007, 23:20
Hey that looks pretty cool. Looking forward to see it's completion.

FearFrost
11-01-2007, 23:44
Dig it!

I'd add some GS gems or do some freehand on it to make it look more bling, since it's a farseer's ride ;)

IJW
12-01-2007, 00:08
Looks very promising! make sure to add some streaming pennants to the poles from the dreadnought once it's painted.

Voronwe[MQ]
12-01-2007, 11:20
Promising indeed. There is a very good idea, as though the Vyper also serves as a mobile podium.

Voronwe

Captain Ardias
12-01-2007, 11:53
I love the idea, and look forward to see it done:)

AventineCrusader
12-01-2007, 12:09
I currently have almost the exact same thing sitting in front of me right now. Great minds, eh?:p Mine is slightly less chariot-ish, as I figured someone with the mental powers of a Farseer could just hold himself on psychic-ly. I used the plastic heavy weapon platform to build up the back end and mounted one of the new Farseers on it. I am also working on freehanding the farseer rune on the front hull of the tank. I look forward to seeing what else you produce with this.

Crusader

TheDrugLordX
12-01-2007, 17:14
Is it just me or do that blade feel a bit too big for that stick?
Personally, I would convert it to a spear, I think it would fit the farseer better.

Other than that, I like it! :)

Kaleb79
12-01-2007, 19:09
it is a spear! will post another pic in a sec, I've got a little dilemma that I'm hoping you kind folks can help me with.

First a bit on how it's going to be painted.

I have an Alaitoc army but I find their normal colours quite boring so I've made my own variation. what do people think?

Here is a prototype Guardian and a Falcon WIP. I want to have my Farseer and Warlocks with some Alaitoc Guardians but I also want them to stand out. Here is a Warlock I've tried this idea out with (sorry he's also WIP, nearly done though)

I'm planning on painting the Vyper in mostly Alaitoc colours but with extra 'bling' and then to paint the Farseer in something bright to make him stand out and contrast nicely with the midnight blue of the Vyper

Kaleb79
12-01-2007, 22:10
right, now I need some opinion please!

obviously there are bits to add on Farseer, such as helmet fin, more farseer stuff on the holding on arm and a left foot! - but here are the key questions I'm asking myself and I would love to know what you peeps think?

1) is the general positioning ok? does he look dynamic enough? I want tanks commanders especially to wet themselves when he comes along!

2) does the left arm look proportional enough? I did want him holding on as I do want a slightly chariot feel to the model

3) The cape. on the original model the cape was not flowing in quite the right direction so I cut it down and have tried to reposition it. but if he is really blasting on at speed the cape should be blowing much more. does it look ok as is? or any ideas what I should try?

got a couple of question re: the vyper but I'll put that in another post once I've taken pics

btw, this is my first project log - do people like this much detail and this many questions or should I post only when I have made major progress?

Kaleb79
12-01-2007, 22:12
and here is what the Farseer looked like before the knife, just for comparison :cool:

Rabid Bunny 666
12-01-2007, 22:24
Cool conversion so far, definately an improvement on ol' Bunny Ears.

I like project logs with little updates evenly, carry on the sterling work :)

Rabid Bunny 666
12-01-2007, 22:25
Cool conversion so far, definately an improvement on ol' Bunny Ears.

I like project logs with little updates evenly, carry on the sterling work :)

Kaleb79
12-01-2007, 22:30
now a question about the Vyper. what do people think about the 2nd pair of wings? you'll notice that I've moved the position from where they were in the first post

I think this looks cooler, a bit like an X-wing from the front.

I want a bit of a chariot look but this is Eldar and I need to keep it still looking sleek. have I pulled that off with the fighting platform?

EDIT: sorry I forgot to stick on the pennant rods at the back, don't worry they will be going on!

Kaleb79
13-01-2007, 00:05
Looks very promising! make sure to add some streaming pennants to the poles from the dreadnought once it's painted.

yes! I think I'll be nicking some pennant techniques from your own very excellent harlequin log :)

Kaleb79
15-01-2007, 19:57
oh well, no feedback :( good thing my local store is Warhammer World :)

here is my Vyper and Farseer basecoated!

(would love to put images into this post, but I don't have place to link to - what's best way to do that? I'll just have to suffice with attachments for now, sorry!)

I have more pics of the Farseer unpainted so you can see green stuffing if people want to. If anyone wants to know what I've been doing just ask

key for me has been to create a dynamic pose and none of the regular Farseer models look like they are riding on the back of a high speed skimmer-bike!

Voronwe[MQ]
15-01-2007, 20:13
Very well. I use www.photobucket.com.

Good progress on the Vyper-mounted farseer; now go paint it. :)
The dynamic pose has definitely been achieved; I hardly saw what the original model could have been, despite the fact that my brother owns it and has forced me to convert it for a pose more suitable for a psyker.

Voronwe

The_Flip
20-01-2007, 03:44
I liking the uniqueness of the Vyper; good to see something different than the ordinary model. Can't wait to see it painted.

Sam
~TF~

Kaleb79
21-01-2007, 19:29
ok, here my first bit of painting. I'm experimenting a bit as I want to make my Farseer stand-out and look different to the craftworld colours that my Vyper will be in (with the required bling of course)

I tried a turquoise colour but didn't like it, so now I'm trying a magenta colour as I thought red was too common. but I'm not 100% sure it works...

the helmet will be yellow and the trim of the cloak I think I'll do in white with black runes down it.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Kaleb79/FarseerWIP1.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Kaleb79/FarseerWIP1Back.jpg

I got the purple idea from an old Warlock I painted ages ago (but I'm redoing the horns and spear blade - hence the black bits) I think it worked on the warlock so I thought I'd try it on the farseer

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Kaleb79/WarlockWIPFront.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Kaleb79/WarlockWIPBack.jpg

slave_lily247
24-01-2007, 11:06
cool minature... after seeing the black version i think ill be doing one need a spear farseer, looking at the sleekness i may end up leaving the pilot at home and cutting away cockpit so more open view between view of farseer and wreakage that used to be a vehical.... or flipping clear cockpit so in same position as new war walkers... keep up the good work. its looking cool.

L' aéronautique d' Eldar
25-01-2007, 15:37
cool mini...can't wait to see pics of the final product

Kaleb79
14-02-2007, 19:51
right, I know this is really naughty of me but I've actually started another project before finishing my Farseer. my excuse it that I need to get a better definition of my craftworld colour before painting my main centrepiece, and whilst an Autarch will also look cool, he won't be the centre of attention!

so here is my Autarch on jetbike who will be leading the army to battle with the Farseer.

(I can post pre-painted pics too if you want to see that)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Kaleb79/Stage1Front-1.jpg

going to try some funky freehand on the front of the bike.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Kaleb79/Stage1Back.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Kaleb79/Stage1Rider.jpg

not quite sure what colour to do the lance - I'm thinking a blazing red...

let me know what you think! :D

virre
14-02-2007, 20:04
Might work, im not that experienced with paint.

But on to the vyper. It looks great! Paint it. I got suprised when you said you had used the same farseer as I have cause i didnt see any similarities witch is a good thing as yours looks soo mutch better!

/Virre

Mephistofeles
14-02-2007, 21:19
This is all very nice, and I love the farseer on the jetbike, it's very very nice!

Kaleb79
14-02-2007, 21:24
about the Farseer - the purple robe doesn't really work, does it? the Autarch will give you a good idea of what the craftworld colours are like (Alaitoc of course) but I'm at a loss as to what colour to paint the Farseer's robe... the vyper will have runes all over it but I also want the Farseer to look distinct whilst still obviously being an Alaitoc Farseer - you know sometimes I spend ages deciding what colour to paint something. you can be the most skilled painter technically in the world but if you pick the wrong colours it's all for nothing!! :rolleyes:

Madfool2
14-02-2007, 21:29
What part's did you use for the autarch on bike?

Luthien
14-02-2007, 22:30
hey you robbed my autarch ;)

Kaleb79
14-02-2007, 22:54
hey you robbed my autarch ;)

oh!? please show some pics! :D

What part's did you use for the autarch on bike?

I showed how to make this Autarch in this thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67067). it was an idea to have a 'how-to' conversion thread for some of the most needed models that you couldn't buy

idea seems to have gone down like a lead balloon sadly :(

Arhalien
15-02-2007, 13:06
I really like that Autarch so far Kaleb; strangely enough pretty much exaclty the same idea I had for mine, even down to the shimmershield arm :D

As to your question on my log I;d say try the metallic route first, as you've used the gold on the rune armour on the Warlock to good effect.

Keep it up, it's looking great!

DigitsDavid
15-02-2007, 16:44
Love the chariot. Very "Egyptian" dare I say. Keep it up.

Kaleb79
15-02-2007, 19:07
I really like that Autarch so far Kaleb; strangely enough pretty much exaclty the same idea I had for mine, even down to the shimmershield arm :D

As to your question on my log I;d say try the metallic route first, as you've used the gold on the rune armour on the Warlock to good effect.

Keep it up, it's looking great!

yes, it's not difficult to do at all. I'd thoroughly recommend copying this idea for anyone who wants an Autarch on a Jetbike with a lance!

thanks for all the feedback people!

Alsiaie
15-02-2007, 19:46
yes, it's not difficult to do at all. I'd thoroughly recommend copying this idea for anyone who wants an Autarch on a Jetbike with a lance!

thanks for all the feedback people!

I made one just after xmas. It took a whole 10 minutes to put together. Pretty easy I'd say.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/Alsiaie/Eldar/flyerbase3.jpg

Kaleb79
15-02-2007, 19:53
yeah, and I could almost make it entirely from SPARE parts :D (DE Exarch bits were all left overs!)

Thalenchar
15-02-2007, 21:43
I remember when it was rules legal to put your farseer on a vyper... Those were the days.

*sits back and reminisces*

Different movement values for every unit, uber characters, the weapon-to-end-all-weapons in the form of a vortex grenade, an armour piercing formula that required a masters degree in mathematics to work out...

Anyway, it looks great :) Can't wait to see it finished.

Arhalien
16-02-2007, 18:38
How easy is it to get the DA and shining spear bits to fit together Kaleb? The bottom of the DA torso is quite highly rounded; does it need to be cut?

Kaleb79
16-02-2007, 18:43
yes it needs to be cut - I just used clippers to make it a clean cut and I also did it at a slight angle to make him lean a bit to one side. I then used a bit of green stuff because the DA Exarch waist is a bit narrower than the SS Exarch waist

the legs have quite a chunky belt at the top so I think the waist should end up looking seamless enough

the best shot of this is the rider sitting on his own - how does it look?