PDA

View Full Version : Representing stuff in Necromunda

Wraithbored
12-01-2007, 00:29
Ok first off no ebonics meant by the title.

Secondly some of my mates and I are starting a Necromunda campaign, I haven't played it before so I know little about the rules of teh factions.

Which brings me to the crux of my problem, namely I love Eldar, I'm possibly the greatest Eldar fanboy on warseer and many other places. And I know there aren't any Eldar in necromunda. So I was wondering what faction would represent Eldar as best it could, because I'd use teh rules of the factions but the look of my Eldar miniatures.

I thank you all in advance for any and all help!

EDIT: Added stuff in title of the thread.

Dark Apostle197
12-01-2007, 01:49
There is a sneaky shoot gang (i think delaque) so you can use those to represent the eldar if you want. Could be eldar who sneaked into the hive or save a certain person that may help them in the future or something. Ofcourse you will be using imperial weapons, but thats ok cause if you are going in as spies and stuff anyway, you would want to play the part.

EVIL INC
12-01-2007, 02:34
That is a twist I had not thought of. Another idea (that I thought of of course :p ) is the Van Saar gang as they generally are the most tech advanced (aside from spyrers).

Quin 242
12-01-2007, 02:40
Eschers have the stealth and movement that I would associate with Eldar

Catferret
12-01-2007, 02:44
I'm going to say either Escher or Delaque. Both have access to Stealthh and agility on the Gangers. Escher have Combat skills while Delaque have Shooting. Pick whichever best suits your style of play.

Wraithbored
12-01-2007, 03:09
That is a twist I had not thought of. Another idea (that I thought of of course :p ) is the Van Saar gang as they generally are the most tech advanced (aside from spyrers).
But don't the van Saar have really heavy armour? Also what about Spyrers?

@Catferret: Thanks mate I will give both of those lists a whirl and see which I prefer :)

superczhunk
12-01-2007, 03:44
My vote definitely goes for Spyrers since Eldar are a far superior race and they'd be there for toying with the humans. If you want to play a regular gang though and have more than 4-5 members, I'd go Delaque as they have access to Melta, Plasma and Lascannon.

EVIL INC
12-01-2007, 04:55
I was going to also suggest esher for thier stealth but figured I would leave that to someone else to post as it was so obvious. Van Saar do not automatically come with armor, they have to buy it just as anyone else does and are still the most tech adept of the gangs (outside of spyerers) and eldar are a little bit on the techy side of life..
Spyerers have the super fancy armors and weapons that could be represented rather well with eldar conversions.
Do what feels right for you and suits your style of play rather then taking our word for it. Experiment and see for yourself what you like best.

Wraithbored
12-01-2007, 12:38
Thanks for all the input guys! I'll post some pix of my gang when it's done :D , and if someone remembers a tidbit or two please pm me!

Darkhorse
12-01-2007, 19:37
Spyrers would have made pretty good Eldar (Biel Tan?) stand ins;
Swooping Hawk = Yeld
Striking Scorpion = Malcadon
Howling Banshee = Jakara

House gangs depend on how you see your eldar playing;
Pathfinders = Delaque
The Agile gang is Escher = fleet of foot (Sprint)
VanSaar are a high tech gang and can get lots of special weapons and are more reliable.

Quin 242
12-01-2007, 21:29
I was just thinking the same as Darkhorse.

Since Eldar and Spyrers are both not going to get reinforcements they seem to make the best choice.

Dark Reapers as Orrus maybe?
and I was thinking Spiders as the malcadon actually.

Wraithbored
13-01-2007, 02:30
Humm I guess Spyrers it is for the first try :D, I'll tell you all how it goes! You are all being exceptionally helpful i trully appreciate it.

Noserenda
13-01-2007, 03:56
The only problem with Spyrers is that both they and aspect warriors have very codified forms of combat with set weapons and the like, which unfortunatley are fairly different.

However you could always use Spyrers to represent an obscure Aspect shrine with some agenda on necromunda... Id reccomend Jakara as they work the best in mono teams, take 5 and wham, aspect squad of the "Stalking Vengers" or what have you.

For a straight Eldar squad id favour Escher, partially because their skills sets synergise better and partially because the combat skills generally represent a more skilled and agile hth fighter, very Eldary.

JMMelo
26-01-2007, 18:29
I would also say escher... fast and good in CC... I would just use Aspect warriors to represent regular fighters... I would use either the autogun or lasgun rules for the shuriken catapult, and so on... An old reaper with shuriken cannon makes a good heavy with stubber...

Major_Gilbear
17-02-2007, 16:57
I know this is probably gravedigging, but I was thinking that Enforcers' rules would probably be a reasonable stand-in for Eldar Corsairs/Pirates.

They have access to a variety of (relatively) customisable weapon sets which Spyrers don't. Also, they don't have to worry about territory, income and other post-battle sequences which IMO would lend itself well to a Xenos faction like a marooned Corsair raiding party.

They'd be cool to theme as well, allowing you diverge a bit from Craftworld Eldar. These (http://uk.games-workshop.com/eldar/eldar-kill-team/2/) are great examples, and I'm sure would be simple enough to make for someone who already has a lot of Eldar bits.

As for what models could represent within the list:

-> Cyber-mastiffs could be represented by an exotic "pet" instead.
-> Heavy Stubber trooper represented by a pirate with a shuriken cannon. You could say it has suspensors to make more wieldy, or sculpt some Eldar bionics?
-> Flamers and Plasma guns would use their Eldar versions model-wise.
-> Shuriken pistols and catapults would be counted as Bolt postols and Boltguns. (Also, Enforcers have better ammo rolls, so Bolt weapons are better than in other gangs). Alternatively, use Eldar las weapons to count as Bolt weapons, and have the Shuriken catapults count as shotguns?
-> Bolt pistols can be exchanged for Laspistols, so some Corsairs could use Eldar laspistols instead if you prefer (model-wise, it lightens up the Shuriken stuff too).
-> Eldar powersword and Shimmershield count as Powermaul and Supression shield?
-> If you want a more "warrior-weapons" approach, how about using some of the Dark Eldar Wych weapons counting as Powermaul and Supression shield (eg, whip & sabre, or glaive & net)
-> Enforces use lots of cool grenade types as standard, and suit the Corsairs' style.
-> Carapace armour means that use of Guardian bits would fit in well.

Anyhoo, just my two $0.02.