11 black orcs
55 orc boyz
5 savage orc boar boyz

1 spear chuka
1 giant
3 stone trols

Kidjal
12-01-2007, 15:40
more warbosses than you can shake a stick at!

Einholt
12-01-2007, 15:43
Sweet CHRIST, well before anything else. You can only have 4 heros in a 2000 pt army, so less warbosses more troops, 55 Boyz is impressive but unecessary stick approx 30 per regiment, and 11 black orcs for 1 unit wont do.

Dosadi
12-01-2007, 16:09
oke

1 orc warboss on wyvern
2 orc bosses on boars
3 orc warbosses on foot
2 orc shamans

11 black orcs
55 orc boyz
5 savage orc boar boyz

1 spear chuka
1 giant
3 stone trols

Many, many Bosses have you.
First, I don't know if the Boss on the Wyvern is the best choice. Orcs need leadership and having your general in a unit is the best way to go. So I'd recomend using one of the three warbosses on foot you have and put him inside a unit of at least 24 boyz. Then using a second boss on foot as your BSB (Orcs need a BSB!) Put him on foot or use one of the boar boy bosses. If on foot I'd put him a big unit of orc boyz and give him Mork's Spirit Totem for the extra dispell dice. If mounted, put him with the Savage orc boar boyz. I give mine the Armour of Mork for T6.
If you want to go magic heavy then use both the shamans at level 2. This will support your orc boy units and provide you with some good offensive magic.
Definatly take the giant and get yourself a second spear chukka as you can take 2 as a single special choice.
To make the Black Orcs effective you should probably fill out the unit to 20. otherwise I've heard some people have found using units of 5 are useful. But I like big units of orcs.
Trolls are very useful. They are great for protecting flanks and have a lot of staying power with regenerate. IMOupgrading basic trolls to stone or river status isn't worth the points (maybe the rivers). So I'd leave them as basic trolls.
I'd say you have the good start of a solid and competative army. Get the new army book and play a few games and see what you like. You have nop goblins and these little green buggers can be quite useful. I'd recomend some fast Cav. If you pick up the Battle for Skull Pass box you will have a ton of night goblins including some short bows and 10 spider riders as fast cav is very good for O&G. This is a pretty inexpensive way to build your army up.
Have fun!

Dosadi

warlord hack'a
12-01-2007, 16:12
what Bram means to say is (I think): These are the models I've got, not: this is the army I will be fielding.

And to Bram:

there is another forum dedicated to O&G, da warpath (google it ;-)), with loads of tips & tricks on how to play O&G. But here are a few of mine:
- get at least 50 night goblin models, e.g. buy the Battle for skull pass boxed set (gives you ten nice spider riders as well!)
- Get some fanatics.

Now build two big fighting blocks out of your orcs and put your general in one of them and a battle standard bearer in the other (both on boar preferably). Support these two big blocks by the giant, trolls and black orcs, put two big blocks of night gobbos on the flanks and put two small units of spderriders (or wolfriders) even further on the flanks.
Use the svg orc boar boyz where needed, they hit hard on a charge but also die when charged.
Artillery behind this and now do your orc basic tactic: walk forward and charge when in range.

After you handled that and read through some tactics articles found on this side or on warpath (or on Avian's own O&G pages) then come back again to seen how you can deploy the wyvern.

Mephistofeles
12-01-2007, 16:39
I'd agree with previous speakers and say that you should go for a Battle Standard Bearer and a general both on boars, and if you want magic, take both shamen at level 2, or if not, take on of them at level 1 with two Dispel Scrolls for protection, and then take another Orc Hero.

With the models you have I would split the Orcs in two, making two units of 24 (6x4) and use the rest as stand in Black Orcs, which makes a unit of 18 (6x3) which I think would work well if you stick a boss in there.

I'd say play the trolls as "normal" Trolls without upgrades and keep 'em close to the general so as to have his leadership when taking stupidity checks. They can also be a lot of help for the black orcs.

You really should get another spear chukka, since you can have two for one special slot.

As have been pointed out, if ou want to buy more, you really should by some black orcs (I think they're 3 in a blister, so two blisters would be enough) and two boxes of Nigh Goblins, they are damn useful the little buggers.

10th clancannach rangers
12-01-2007, 23:24
dont buy 2 boxes of gobbos, buy battle of skull pass

asrian
13-01-2007, 03:37
dont buy 2 boxes of gobbos, buy battle of skull pass

Agreed. 2 boxes of night goblins (40 models) = $70 (US). 1 Battle for Skull Pass (40 Night Goblins with Spears and 20 Night Goblins with bows, 2 Night Goblin Heroes, 10 Spider Riders, and 1 troll) = $45 (US).

Definantly go with the Battle set. If you want to use Night Goblins with hand weapons & shields instead of spears then you could always convert the spear wielding ones from the set. Plus, the box set is a quick way to build up your army and still not spend a fortune (I bought two box sets and split the cost with a friend who plays Dwarves so we both came out ahead).

Jester007
13-01-2007, 04:16
Ok, let me say first off dat I love me boyz. O&G were me very first army I started playin. It took a while for dem to warm up to me, but once I understood how da greenskins thunk, wez been da bomb!

In all me gamez, I have to say dis. Da T4 of da orks will help ya out. Des cheap, an' with da new rulez of choppas, it makes da boyz even tougher! Cause for 6 pointz, ya gotz a boy with T4 and a 4+ save in Hand to Hand. Also, da choppa givez ya +1 S in da first round of kombat.

Trolls..... I dont like them very much. You'll have to keep them close to your general in order for them to be effective. Otherwise they stumble around everywhere. Gobbos can be useful. The regular gobbos can get a 4+ armor save in combat, while the night gobbos use fanatics. But I would not put too much faith in crushing people by charging a unit of gobbos head on into an enemy unit.

Warmachines are invaluable. The spear chukkas cost 70 points for a pair of them. They almost every game pay for their points cost and then some. Black Orcs are awesome! Only problem is everyone knows how good they are, and so a unit of these guys becomes a big target on the board.

I would start playing in some of the lower point games just to get a feel for what your units are capable of, and so you can pick your favorites. That's how I learned much about my boys. For some reason, by boar boyz really don't like to fight for me that much. Seems they use the movement of the boars to run off the battle field faster.

Anyways, good luck with your collection. How all goes well for ya bram. Cya

Got Squig?

bram kuijpers
15-01-2007, 06:58
what Bram means to say is (I think): These are the models I've got, not: this is the army I will be fielding
exactly

got squig? no

btw im going for a orc army not a gobbo army and i almost never use al warbosses

Jester007
15-01-2007, 15:46
LOL!! When I said "Got Squig?" it's just something I say as a final closure. It's also similar to "Got Milk?". That's all it is (also, I'm a big orc player).

Even though you do not plan on playing gobbos, you should still consider fielding the buggers every once in a while. I've been playing me greenies for years, and I'm just now using the squigs. I've had a unit of 10 of those guys kill over 400 victory points by themselves. But I understand that you're going for an orc army. They are ******* awesome! Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Later!

Got Squig?

Jester007
15-01-2007, 15:48
LOL!! When I said "Got Squig?" it's just something I say as a final closure. It's also similar to "Got Milk?". That's all it is (also, I'm a big orc player).

Even though you do not plan on playing gobbos, you should still consider fielding the buggers every once in a while. I've been playing me greenies for years, and I'm just now using the squigs. I've had a unit of 10 of those guys kill over 400 victory points by themselves. But I understand that you're going for an orc army. They are ******* awesome! Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Later!

Got Squig?