PDA

View Full Version : Apostasy Campaign

Strictly Commercial
14-07-2005, 05:51
Has there ever been an official campaign revolving around the Vandire apostasy? The reason I ask is because it seems like a really epic and heroic time for the Imperium, with Thor rising up to throw the shackles of the tyrant off, the Adpetus Sororitas coming to their senses and returning to truly serve the emporer, etc. I know the game is WH40K and not WH37K but it does seem like an enjoyable event.

athamas
14-07-2005, 08:47
that i am aware of, no, no such campaign!

Minister
14-07-2005, 11:33
The reason? The Marines were not heavily involved. That, and the Sororitas were not equipped at that time with their power armour so all the models would be invalid.

However, it makes for a lovely Guard vs. Guard campaign setting.

Brusilov
14-07-2005, 15:22
Indeed, not only is it not Space Marines heavy (although you could play wonderful siege battles representing the Space Marines Chapters and the Mechanicus besieging the Ecclesiarchical Palace), but it's an Imperial civil war, thus no Chaos, no Eldar, no Ork, no Nid or Tau (obviously), at least not in the main story. They probably wreaked havoc across the Imperium during that time however.

This is what is so great about the Age of Apostasy, it's a real story, not a sorry excuse for a world campaign, and thus it is better than the usual stuff GW churns out.