PDA

View Full Version : My NEMESISCROWN armies

eleveninches
12-01-2007, 10:43
These are the army lists i am planning on using during nemesis crown:

2k DWARVEN WARRIORS:
HEORES AND LORDS:
147 points: Thane (master rune of alaric the mad, rune of resistance, shield, pistol)
125 points: Dragon Slayer (master rune of skalf blackhammer)

CORE:
220 points: Warrirors [20] (great weapons, standard bearer, champion)
220 points: Warrirors [20] (great weapons, standard bearer, champion)
170 points: Warrirors [15] (great weapons, standard bearer, champion)
240 points: Longbeards [15] (great weapons, standard bearer, champion, rune of battle)
215 points: Longbeards [15] (great weapons, standard bearer, champion)
140 points: Thunderers [10]
110 points: Quarrellers [10]

SPECIAL:
80 points: Grudge Thrower
190 points: Slayers [15] (standard bearer, champion)

------
total=1997 points
------

----------------------------------------------------------

2k VAMPIRE COUNTS:

HEROES/LORDS:
321 points: Blood Dragon Vampire Count (blood drinker, barded nightmare steed, full plate armour, shield, red fury, strength of steel, army general) {nehek's invokation}
140 points: Necromancer lv2 (hand weapon, black periapt, power stone) {nehek's invokation}
145 points: Necromancer lv2 (hand weapon, cloak of mist and shadows) {nehek's invokation}
140 points: Necromancer lv2 (2 dispell scrolls, hand weapon) {nehek's invokation}

CORE:
205 points: Skeletons [20] (spears, champion, standard bearer, musician)
205 points: Skeletons [20] (spears, champion, standard bearer, musician)
133 points: Skeletons [12] (spears, champion, standard bearer, musician)

SPECIAL:
182 points: Black Knights [6] (barded steeds, hand weapons, lances, heavy armour, shields, champion, standard bearer)
227 points: Black Knights [6] (barded steeds, hand weapons, lances, heavy armour, shields, champion, standard bearer, banner of the barrows)

RARE:
200 points: Black Coach (or Giant for +5 points)
90 points: Banshee
-------
total = 1997 points
-------
73 models (+ summonned models)
11 units (+ summonned units)
-------

----------------------------------------------------

2k HIGH ELVES CAVALRY:

HEROES:

282 points: Prince (heavy armour, helm of fortune, great eagle, bow of the seafarer, talisman of protection, great weapon, pure of heart)

187 points: Lv 2 Mage (channeller, seer, barded elven steed)
[lore of fire: fireball, burning head]
----------

CORE:

219 points: Silver Helms [8] (shields, heavy armour, standard bearer, champion, musician)

219 points: Silver Helms [8] (shields, heavy armour, standard bearer, champion, musician)

----------

SPECIAL:

206 points: Ellyrian Reavers [8] (bows, spears, standard bearer)

154 points: Ellyrian Reavers [6] (bows, spears, standard bearer)

191 points: Dragon Princes of Caldor [5] (standard bearer, champion, lion standard)

170 points: Tiranoc Chariots [2]

----------

RARE:

100 points: Great Eagles [2]

50 points: Great Eagles [1]

---------
1997 points
---------

DesertDirge
12-01-2007, 14:39
I like the dwarf and vamp list.

Jhayden
12-01-2007, 15:17
I don't like your High Elf list.

First off, your prince has the Pure of Heart option which is only best used when in conjunction with a unit since it makes them all immune to panic.
Secondly your Prince has a great weapon. He attacks last and he only gets +1 strength. He has a magnificently high initiative and it goes down the toilet!
I would give him a lance and then let him deal with using his strength 4 for the rest of the battle.
If you can afford it, take a lance and a sword of might to give him that +1 strength.

Your units of silver helms are in ranks of 4 not enough to get rank bonuses, and not enough to gete a decent amount of attacks in.

Instead of the Lion Standard on your Dragon Princes, I would take the Ellyrion Banner. With a leadership of 9 they should be fine with fear tests. With the Ellyrion Banner you can park your Dragon Princes behind some forest or difficult terrain and still get a full charge in.

I don't know why you took Ellyrian Reavers. Seriously, they're bad. For 18 points they're not awful, but since you need to pay 6/5 points to give them bows, they could be much better.
If you're going to take a unit of Ellyrian Reavers, I would take only one unit and even then I would make them only 5 or 6 strong. That way you have a couple hundred points to spend upping your silver helm units to 10.

Great Eagles are always good, and 9 wounds worth of flyers is pretty good.

eleveninches
12-01-2007, 20:48
I am experimenting with using ellyrian reavers. THey are expensive at 24 points/model, and only have 5+ armour, but they are my only missile units and i hope to use fast moving missile units to my advantage. Although, their main advantage is to pivot without incuring movement penalties, so they would be used to attack the enemy rear. I would be a lot more confident in them if the bows wern't so expensive

About my prince, his great weapon was just thrown in at the last minute, and i dont ever expect him to use it. I am using him to fly to the side of a cavalry unit and use the bow of the seafarer to shoot down an entire rank of heavy cavalry (or other heavy units), which always seems to work well and get more than its worth of points back.

Overall, it is is a big change to what i normally use in my HE all-cavalry army.

I used to always use 3-4 chariots in my special slots and have a lot more silver helms, but decided that i wanted a slightly more fluffy list, so i want to try to see how the reavers do, with their fast-cavalry with bows

eleveninches
23-01-2007, 12:37
I've been playing VC for a while now, and have always had a problem with my black knights because of their poor WS, but have just noticed the banner of the barrows, which i hadnt noticed before. Now im including that in my black knights making it a fearless, unbreakable, fear-causing, 2+save, S4 cavalry unit with an effective WS4 for only 25 points.

Im going to change my HE cavalry army a lot, and maybe field a 1.5k HE infantry army, as i have enough models for it (swordmasters, spearmen, white lions, boltthrowers/eagles/phoenix guard, shadow warriors etc..)

northwoodDreamer
23-01-2007, 14:39
Banner of the Barrows is a must for any VC army with either Black Knights or Grave Guard. I like all three of your lists a lot, though I don't know if the HE one will work as said. But keep the Prince on the Eagle, I think that's a great idea personally.

eleveninches
23-01-2007, 16:03
I am going to do a HE infantry army. I have the following, but havt yet decided on my lords/heroes. Like i said, i will probably re-do the he cavalry army

CORE:
248 points: Spearmen [20] (champion, standard bearer)

SPECIAL:
150 points: Shadow Warriors [10]
150 points: Shadow Warriors [10]
227 poitns: Swordmasters [15] (champion, standard bearer)

RARE:
227 points: White Lions [15] (champion, standard bearer)

forthegloryofkazadekrund
23-01-2007, 16:28
2,000 pt dwarf list - cant remember some of the names of items : (#

rune lord - 2+inv vs missiles
anvil of doom
3 runes of spellbreaking

master engineer in clansmen reg
mro challenge handgun

master engineer - handgun

20 clansmen - hvy armour, fc, shields
20 crossbows - light armour, shields, crossbow, hand weapon
20 crossbows - light armour, shields, crossbow, hand weapon

cannon - rune of reloading, rune of forging
cannon - rune of reloading, rune of forging
2 bolt throwers with engineer
1 bolt throwers with engineer

organ gun in hard cover
organ gun in hard cover

eleveninches
24-01-2007, 08:03
that looks rather unbalanced IMO, and is not taking advantage of the excellent value of the dwarf warriors with great weapons. Also, it is relying too heavily on artillary. You need more troops.

Here is my HE infantry list to add to the 3 above:
HEROES:
130: Commander (foe bane, helm of fortune, heavy armour, shield, spear)

CORE:
250 points: 20 Spearmen (full command)

SPECIAL:
284 points: 18 Swordmasters (full command, banelord has sword of battle)
150 points: 10 Shadow Warriors

RARE:
250 points: 15 White Lions (full command, guardian has sword of battle)
280 points: 15 Phoenix Guard (full command, keeper of the flame has sword of battle)

--------
1996 points.
--------
129 infantry
9 units.

I might drop the phoenix guard in favour of 2 bolt throwers and spend the rest on more troops or upgrade the commander to a prince.
They will deploy in a standard chequered formation (2 deep), and have the commander in the middle for morale purposes and to be a serious danger to enemy commanders. When the enemy moves towards the spearmen, the spearmen move sideways and advance a little, and the unit at the back moves forward, making it so that any enemy that charges towards me will probably end up with infantry units on 3 sides of them.

Arhalien
24-01-2007, 08:54
YOu seem to be very open to magic, 2dd and no mages of your own could be a liability in 2000pts. And I don;t thinkj you can have a spear and the foe bane as you always have to use the magic weapon (was told this but can;t find it specifically in the rulebook, might want to check it). In any case the spear is a pointless weapon option for heroes; does nothing on foot and mounted you could have a lance for the same points cost.

And I thnk you can only have 1 of each magic item per army. I'd drop the sword of battle on the swordmasters, you'd make it legal, and by giving him that you negate the best thing about the swordmasters - their s5 Initiative order attacks; 2 atacks at s5 are IMO much better than 3 at s3.

Otherwise i can;t really offer any advice on tactics because I;m a hopeless general :)

eleveninches
24-01-2007, 09:21
The spear was just because i had a few points left over. I didnt realise that the sword of battle will be at their base strength, not with their +2 strength bonus, so i'll get rid of most of those Sword of battles and get some more units or other magic items.

eleveninches
24-01-2007, 09:23
Although the HE infantry list is open to magic attacks, it has a LOT of models. The SM, PG & WL have strength bonus and excelent weapon skill. The spearmen get 16 attacks in combat, and the shadow hunters can use the scout rule to cause havoc behind the enemy lines

eleveninches
24-01-2007, 12:33
HEROES:
128: Commander (foe bane, helm of fortune, dragon armour, shield)

CORE:

SPECIAL:
344 points: 18 Swordmasters (full command, banner of battle)
195 points: 13 Shadow Warriors

RARE:
230 points: 15 White Lions (full command)
200 poitns: 2 bolt throwers

--------
1999 points.
--------
123 infantry + 2 artillary
10 units.

Tutore
24-01-2007, 12:53
As for the cavalry HE list, Ellyrian reavers are OK, but the size (8) of your silver helms unit gives them no rank bonus. I would drop the phoenix guards for the 2 bolt throwers.

eleveninches
25-01-2007, 07:46
okay, its 2000 points now.