PDA

View Full Version : Thunderhawk gunship and Eldar phoenix up for pre order

ANotherFarseer
12-01-2007, 19:11
The Thunderhawk gunship and Eldar Phoenix are up for pre-order on Forgeworld now

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html

Pics here http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/ethunderhawk.htm
and here http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/epheonix.htm

orangesm
12-01-2007, 19:30
Yep w00t...

Pulsar
13-01-2007, 00:50
Both look sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brushmonkey
13-01-2007, 01:28
I've got the a Vampyre and Thunderhawk sitting right here. They're both HUGE.

FW has done a fantastic job with AI.

ANotherFarseer
13-01-2007, 07:20
I've got the a Vampyre and Thunderhawk sitting right here. They're both HUGE.

FW has done a fantastic job with AI.

how did you manage to get a vampyre :eek: I cant wait to get a couple of them :D

The thunderhawk looks nice but that can wait

Brushmonkey
13-01-2007, 18:33
Aren't the Vamps out yet? Ooops...:eek: I'll shut up then. Ahem.:o

Gen_eV
13-01-2007, 18:54
Right, that's the entire of the Eldar released as far as I'm concerned, so time to start buying my second air force. Ordered Tau with the book, and I've never liked the Vampires.

I gues it'll give me a decent setup for introductory games at the local club, at least.

Christine
13-01-2007, 20:08
A query regarding the thunderhawk which got raised by my g/f and after some thought I feel compelled to ask: Does anyone have any idea how it is able to fly? I mean it's got tiny tiny wings which are ridiculously blocky and thick!

orangesm
13-01-2007, 20:22
I would suspect that part of it is the Thunderhawk has 3 fusion-powered Rocket Engines. I also suspect it has integrated anti-gravity plating similar to that of the Land Speeder. Given enough power anything can fly even a brick.

Boss Floata
14-01-2007, 14:03
They do look ace.

However, i would like to see some orky AA stuff!.

Arhalien
14-01-2007, 14:26
They look very nice, especially the phoenixes(sp?). What with the nightwing, this phoenix and the pics of the vampire in the rr, the Eldar have some very nice looking ships. I'm tempted.

Forbiddenknowledge
15-01-2007, 13:34
The eldar planes are gorgeous - so much better than the metal epic ones, so much more eldar

Hellebore
16-01-2007, 11:50
A query regarding the thunderhawk which got raised by my g/f and after some thought I feel compelled to ask: Does anyone have any idea how it is able to fly? I mean it's got tiny tiny wings which are ridiculously blocky and thick!

Another problem is it doesn't have wheels, just landing struts.

Unless it has some form of VTOL, I can't see how it could takeoff, let alone keep flying.

Hellebore

orangesm
16-01-2007, 14:23
Gravity plating can be VTOL - Landspeeders have them why not Thunderhawks

Festus
18-01-2007, 18:55
Hi

Unless it has some form of VTOL, I can't see how it could takeoff, let alone keep flying.
As the Aircraft avionics and maintenance engineers say, whom I teach:

I can get everything airborne, if I only have enough propulsion :D

Festus

Hellebore
19-01-2007, 00:10
Hi

As the Aircraft avionics and maintenance engineers say, whom I teach:

I can get everything airborne, if I only have enough propulsion :D

Festus

lol.:D

I would imagine the multitonne thunderhawk would break itself attempting to propel itself along the ground with landing struts out...

Hellebore