PDA

View Full Version : Two Quick Questions

uatu13
13-01-2007, 03:46
Hey, I'm sort of new to fantasy and have 2 general questions:

1. After a unit rallies, can it then move that turn? I know it says it makes an immediate reform move, but is this done in the rally portion of the movement phase, allowing them to then move, or does the reform prevent this?

2. Can a unit move sideways and backwards without having to turn/wheel? Like, can I just have my unit sidestep, or does it have to turn, move, turn?

Thanks for the help!

Yellow Commissar
13-01-2007, 04:13
Hello.

Excellent questions.

1) The reform prevents further movement unless the unit has some other rule that allows it i.e. fast cavalry, or night goblins led by Skarsnik. It also prevents the unit from shooting. Magic is allowed. (pg 14)

2) Most units must turn to move sideways and/or backwards. Skirmishers would be one exception. While turning a unit may not march. Since turning costs 1/4 move, a unit may effectively move backwards or sideways at half speed. (pg 13) For instance, a unit of Orc Boyz could back up 2".

Happy gaming.:)

Tutore
13-01-2007, 07:59
Hello.

Excellent questions.

1) The reform prevents further movement unless the unit has some other rule that allows it i.e. fast cavalry, or night goblins led by Skarsnik. It also prevents the unit from shooting. Magic is allowed. (pg 14)

2) Most units must turn to move sideways and/or backwards. Skirmishers would be one exception. While turning a unit may not march. Since turning costs 1/4 move, a unit may effectively move backwards or sideways at half speed. (pg 13) For instance, a unit of Orc Boyz could back up 2".

Happy gaming.:)

Exactly. You have your answers here.