PDA

View Full Version : TARDIS controls.

Marsekay
04-04-2005, 19:27
This is inspired by Brim's other Dr Who thread, and based off a discussion i had with friends in Pizza hut last night.

In the second episode of the new series, we see the Doctor using the controls of the TARDIS, we came to the conclusion, that

The wheel thing you roll in your palm is 100 years for every notch, with minor notch increments for fine tuning,

Every pump on the bike pump thing it muliplies your years on the wheel by ten so 3 turns of the wheel would be 3oo years then 5 pumps would multiply 300 years by 5 giving 1500 years,

The little twiddly thing is forwards or backwards in time.

And the handbrake thing is not a handbrake but a door release mechanism.

I assume the bells to let everyone know they have arrived lol.

Any suggestions?

Baggers
04-04-2005, 19:39
I have no idea how you came up with that idea. I just assumed that doing those various things, made the Time Rotor work and therefore transported the outer shell of the TARDIS form one spot in time and space to another.

I much prefer the older style console room from the orginal series.

Sojourner
05-04-2005, 08:45
I did notice the bike pump - bit odd. The TARDIS controls aren't the best bit of the new series, that's for sure.

Apparently now they reckon Gallifreyans 'grow' things rather than building them, hence why the TARDIS looks rather organic.

Wintermute
05-04-2005, 18:00
I did notice the bike pump - bit odd. The TARDIS controls aren't the best bit of the new series, that's for sure.

Apparently now they reckon Gallifreyans 'grow' things rather than building them, hence why the TARDIS looks rather organic.

Or the set designers have watched too many episodes of Farscape :D

Shuya
07-04-2005, 06:03
heh, when i read the title i thought tardis was some medical condition

The boyz
07-04-2005, 13:23
I much prefer the old look of the TARDIS.