PDA

View Full Version : New Gangs

Splagbot
13-01-2007, 22:57
When you're starting a new gang how do you go about it, do you make up the gang roster and then come up with the character fo the gang or do you make the character fo the gang and then do the roster in accordance with that.

Personally I make up the character for my gang and then do the roster, I find it much easier to do that way as a lot of the time my choices are dictated by my gangers backstory.

Another question is do any of you not bother with backstory at all and just put your gangs together to win?

Catferret
13-01-2007, 23:07
I like a backstory as well. Here's mine: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63843

Splagbot
13-01-2007, 23:19
When I started my first gang (Van Saars) I actually didn't come up with a character for them, which was unusual for me even at the age of 16, I think it had something to with the fact that I didn't really like the game to start with, it became one of my fave games the more played it and I developed the character as I went along.

Guilliman
14-01-2007, 11:00
My friends and I make the gangs first. The characters and background is then based on the outcome of the games, the territories and the way the gangers evolve.

chrome_ghoul
14-01-2007, 16:18
I normally build my roster first, then come up with some kind of backstory for them. My last gang was a tribe of scavvies led by a boss who believed he was the scav messiah. Make sure you give your fighters decent names when starting your gang, im sick of redemtionists called dave, or spyrers called mr spiky.

Darkhorse
15-01-2007, 21:04
Bit of both really, Starting with the house; Delaque most reflects my personality (they don't call me Darkhorse for nothing) my 40K armies are Alpha Legion and Blood Axes.
I then sort out the neccessities, I'm getting 5 territories so I'll need 5 gangers to work them, I like things up close and personal so shotguns are order of the day with manstoppers for accuracy. I also need a leader with a suitable impressive piece of kit, so thats a plasmagun. This is where background starts to kick in, shotguns are common enough but plasmaguns suggest uphive contacts, thus I have a leader who has come downhive from a high-tech background, throw in a heavy with Heavy Plasmagun and I reinforce that storyline. Juves are hanging out in any settlement so they don't really add anything. The next bit comes from territory, this time I've got Slag - nothing of great intrest, Vents - emphasising Delaque sneakiness, Settlement - holes to sleep in, bars to drink at. Friendly Doc - a contact, someone with training probably from uphive, Gambling Den - shady underworld dealings here I come! The best place for things to happen...

Other gangs seem to have Archeotech Hoards, bit of a gold rush going on but historically the guys who made money during gold rushes were the guys selling services to the miners rather than the miners themselves.
Now it's just a case of holding on to the takings and watching that the religious nutjobs don't frighten away the custom.

Other than this it's getting into the character, que the music to Shaft, Lock Stock, Pulp Fiction... Prepare the one liners, put on the coat, the shades hide a pair of dice up your sleeve and roll...:cool: