PDA

View Full Version : Beasts of chaos - tzeentch 2000 points

heldane
18-03-2005, 01:55
Hey all.

Just thought I'd post up my latest idea for my beastmen at 2000 points

Here ya go

Gor'khan manflayer, Wargor of Tchar - 169 pts
great weapon, heavy armour, gaze of the gods, mark of tzeentch.

Bastaleth the cunning, Wargor of Tchar - 169 pts
2 hand weapons, chaos armour, goretooth, and mark of tzeentch.

Jardreth, battle standard of Tchar -209 pts
Battle banner, heavy armour, and banner of wrath

Bestigor Herd - 174 pts
12 Bestigor - great weapon, heavy armour, hand weapon, standard, musician, champion.

Bestigor Herd - 174 pts
12 Bestigor - great weapon, heavy armour, hand weapon, standard, musician, champion.

Bestigor Herd - 174 pts

Beastherd - 151 pts
12 Gors - 2 hand weapons, standard, musician and champion.
8 Ungors - spears.

Beastherd - 151 pts
12 Gors - 2 hand weapons, standard, musician and champion.
8 Ungors - spears.

Beastherd - 151 pts
12 Gors - hand weapon, shield, standard, musician and champion.
8 Ungors spears.

Beastherd - 151 pts
12 Gors - hand weapon, shield, standard, musician and champion.
8 Ungors spears.

Tuskgor chariot 85 pts
Bestigor - great weapon, mark of chaos undivided.
Ungors - spear, mark of chaos undivided.

Tuskgor chariot 85 pts

Tuskgor chariot 85 pts

5 Hounds 30 pts

5 Hounds 30 pts

Well? how does it seem?

Any glaring problems? comments? criticisms?

Cheers

Dan

Azarborne
18-03-2005, 03:14
Okay, too many small squads of Bestigors. Gor for a unit of 25 with MoT for the extra power and dispel dice. Next, give the Lord a Staff of Change it is priceless, ask any who plays against me and my 5-0-0 Teentch Herd.

Next, drop the Beast Herds to 8/10 Gor/Ungor and drop a Chariot. Otherwise, may do well but I think you only have 8 Powerdice, maybe get a banner that give you more power dice instead. Can never have too many.

And thats all that needs a major overhaul.

Khaeron Baoth
18-03-2005, 18:27
Leadership is real problem, but always with BoC. I suggest that you take beastlord in your army. Then you have little better leadership. Also I do not like bestigors, basic herds with minotaurs work better IMO.

Maelstrom
18-03-2005, 18:40
Beast lord is definantly a must in a 2000 game as ld 7 is poo.

Definantly swap the ratios on the herds and give the gors 2 hand weapons. Shields would be good if the unit won by combat res but herds have less than other infantry and even if they are in the flank you are even before kils, if gors could have light armour it might be worth it but they can't so the two hand weapons are the way to go. I'm not a fan of bestigor, two units of 12 might work ou tas support but I prefer minos.

Rathstar
09-10-2005, 12:33
Hi,

I would say you should definetely upgrade one of the wargors to a beastlord. The ld 8 is essential. Plus with armour of damnation and the goretooth he can turn into a killing monster (in one game my slannesh opponent frenzied his unit hoping to draw the unit out, so I cast bears anger to give him 8 str 7 hatred attacks and the unit just kicked his whole army). Casting organge fire combined with having a ward save on the general means he can survive against most other generals easy, mine once survived a choas dragon with lord because my opponent had to reroll his hits (armour of damanation) and I would reroll my 4+ ward.

I prefer the reroll panic banner for my BSB to help with the low beastmen leadership.

Your herds seem general purpose, I would change them into ones for specific tasks. I would have a screen herd, with 5 gors and loads of ungors. This can be joined by the lord and BSB (or just BSB with general within 12") to give it ld 8 with a reroll for panic (if you take the reroll panic banner). I would also include 2 small herds to ambush of say 5/8 (command is optional, I leave them off to keep the units very cheap and they don't need them vs war machines, and need 4 casulties for a panic). The last type of herd should be the combat herd with 6-10 gors (less gors are requird if characters will join them), full command and a good number of ungors.

Consider swapping one of the bestigor herds for 4 minotaurs with great weapons. They are good can openers and can pursue 3D6, very useful for running the enemy down and getting the full vps.

As most people say the tz list is medicore, so consider putting a shamen into the list to give you access to the shadow lore. Steed of Shadow and Unseen Lurker are excellent spells, and compliment the beasts manouverability perfectly. Plus the other spells are useful, eg. making your unit cause fear and help with auto-breaking and against fear armies, another spell is a str 3 magic missile that ignores armour (great against knights which beast can struggle with).

What ever you change in the lists, keep the chariots they are excellent for their points.

I think making a few twicks to your army (as the other replies have suggested) would make your army very good.

Rathstar

Ruffy
09-10-2005, 15:10
IMO the mark of tzeentch is not the best choice for a beasts because it does not negate their weaknesses... psychology is a big problem and the beastlord is a MUST if you really want to play tzeentch...

the bestigor-herds are quite unusual, but I think it is actually a good idea... most players go for minotaurs instead, but with bestigors you gain at least one rank and you still hit hard... BUT I would not give them a standard and I would exchange one unit with minotaurs... they are faster and cause fear, I always have at least one unit in my army...

the beast-herds are too big IMO, I prefer 9 gors/8 ungors including full command or 7 gors/6 ungors including champion and musician (ambuuuuuuush! :) )...

@azarborne: 25 bestigors with the mark of tzeentch are VERY risky... I think all other marks are better because they help to overcome the bad leadership... apart from that, tzeentch-marked bestigors do NOT generate dispel dice, tzeentch-units do only generate power dice...