PDA

View Full Version : Ai + Epic?

Hellebore
16-01-2007, 12:00
Has anyone thought of using the AI rules for aircraft in EPIC?

It doesn't seem too complicated that it would slow the game down, and so long as you don't mix rules/points values it should work fine.

Although the interaction between ground and sky forces may be a bit of a problem.

Perhaps just use the mechanics from AI, and the rules from EPIC?

Thoughts?

Hellebore

firestorm40k
16-01-2007, 12:07
Hmm, that's interesting... :eyebrows: Having not seen the rules for AI, I'm not sure how it would affect Epic - I guess it would depend upon how many aircraft you're using.

However, this sort of thing has kind of been attempted before: when Adeptus Titanicus II was first posted, it was suggested to incorporate it with Epic (which at that time was Epic 40,00 the 3rd edition). Generally, it seemed that people who tried this said the two games didn't go together too well. It might be the case trying to combine Epic + AI.

Perhaps it could be more appropriate to do a combined campaign alternating games of AI & Epic?

Slekith
16-01-2007, 12:55
Perhaps it could be more appropriate to do a combined campaign alternating games of AI & Epic?

Indeed.

BFG > AI > EPIC > W40K > 40K40m > Killteams

Combine them to get your flavour.

Arhalien
16-01-2007, 13:16
I was thinkling about the li8nked campaing idea as well, it would be complicated and time consuming, but it could be very very effective.

Athmos
16-01-2007, 13:55
there are quite a few thought goind on about this subject at tactical command (biggest epic forum). That would require quite some adaptation, as a game of AI can still be quite long depending on the amount of aircraft...

Athmos

rkunisch
16-01-2007, 14:34
I think the main aspect would be to allow some bonus to be fought about. For example AI has to concept of landing troops. Guess what, if the attacker is able to land additional troops, you may use them in the Epic game. I think it would be difficult to incorporate them into one single game, because they have a completely different time scale.

Another aspect is the playing time. If you use too many game systems you will find that the time available on a day is not enough to finish a game. :(

Have fun,

Rolf.

orangesm
16-01-2007, 14:40
I am of the opinion that direct integration into one game is difficult (at least it is not as daunting as integrating 40k into Epic). I think a map campaign has a lot of potential for the use of AeroImp, Epic, & Kill Team (SOF operations).

Athmos
17-01-2007, 10:11
in a campaign, of course you would be able to link any Wh40k universe game; but direct integration might prove difficult.

Athmos

AlStorer
17-01-2007, 18:47
As said, in a campaign would be best. The rules are very different in basis from epic, they wouldn't mesh.

Having said that, I do wonder what happened to Jervis's "Air War" game that he wanted to make as part of the Epic family. He mentioned it in White Dwarf when Epic Armageddon was launched. Seems to have fallen out of existence. He wanted there to be three games- Epic, focusing on troops, tanks and other "small" ground forces; Titan Legions (self explanatory) and "Air Wars", all sharing core game mechanics. AI is definitely NOT Air Wars.

orangesm
17-01-2007, 19:14
AeroImp may not be Air Wars but it focuses on the Air Combat at the same scale as Epic - so for those who were looking for Air Wars AeroImp is a good thing either way.