PDA

View Full Version : Which Wood Elf Army?

northwoodDreamer
16-01-2007, 15:03
Ok so I'm building a 2000 pt Wood Elf army. I simply love the model of the hero on the Great Eagle, so that is being kept in my list. I also have a box of Glade Guard... I've converted 5 to Waywatchers and the other ones can also be used as conversions. So now here are the two lists I've developed. Please tell me which you think would be more competitive and which would be more fun to play with. My main opponents are Tomb Kings, Beasts of Chaos, Vampire Counts, Dark Elves, High Elves.

First list:

Highborn w/ Great Eagle, HOD Arrows, Stone of Crystal Mere, Light Armour, Spear @ 261 pts

Noble w/ BSB, Light Armour, Annoyance of Netlings @ 112 pts

Spellsinger w/ Level 2, Calaignor's Stave @ 150 pts

Spellsinger w/ Level 2, Dispel Scroll @ 150 pts

10 Glade Guard @ 120 pts

5 Glade Riders @ 120 pts

8 Dryads @ 96 pts

8 Dryads @ 96 pts

17 Eternal Guard w/ Full Command @ 214 (Noble goes here)

7 Wardancers @ 126 pts

7 Wardancers @ 126 pts

5 Waywatchers @ 144 pts

1 Treeman @ 285 pts

Total = 2000 pts, 6 power dice, 4 dispel dice
That was my original list.
Now I changed it up and it looks like this:

Noble w/ Great Eagle, HOD Arrows, Enchanted Shield, Spear @ 169 pts

Noble w/ Great Stag, Wild Rider Kindred @ 160 pts

Spellsinger w/ Level 2, Calaignor's Stave @ 150 pts

Spellsinger w/ Level 2, Dispell Scroll @ 150 pts

5 Glade Riders @ 120 pts

5 Glade Riders @ 120 pts

8 Dryads @ 96 pts

8 Dryads @ 96 pts

7 Wardancers @ 126 pts

7 Wardancers @ 126 pts

5 Wild Riders w/ Musician @ 130 pts

5 Wild Riders w/ Musician @ 130 pts (Stag w/ one of these on one end so the big base gets the corner and doesn't necessarily take away the attack of another model)

5 Waywatchers @ 144 pts

1 Treeman @ 285 pts

Total = 2000 pts, 6 Power Dice, 4 Dispel

Obviously... I like animals. In fact if I can find any, I hope to mix models of various forest animals w/ Dryads to just form a generalised forest spirit (same rules as Dryads). Anyways, all advice, critiques, tactics, ideas, anything is very welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

god octo
16-01-2007, 16:04
i would go for the first liots, as i dislike Stag nolbes and i feel that it is a bit more suvivable. However, i would swap one unit of wardancers for a unit of wild riders. To get the 5 extra points you need, i would drop a waywatcher (if you have 6- they points cost you have down is for 6, but you have written 5).

Ethernal
16-01-2007, 18:52
I like te second list better.
I find that Wild Riders and wardancers are realy good.
Wardancers are best when you are in thigt spots and vs hords.
And Wild Riders are best when you get to play the game and vs smaller units.

I only miss the Glade Guards in the list but thats my oppinion.
I also dislike the stag, but i havent played the moddel my self(dont think i ever will do) i think its to big and klumsy, even when you play it at the flank of the unit.

northwoodDreamer
16-01-2007, 21:27
Yeah, the stag does seem a bit underpowered for what it is. I just like the fluff a lot. I can totally dump it though if there is something else that would be more beneficial to have. I actually have 5 Waywatchers, I don't know where the number for 6 comes from. Should I dump the Stag Noble total and then get some Glade Guard?

ffarsight
17-01-2007, 08:25
i like the second more, but take the stag out.

I have a 2000 army list, and it has proved to be very good.

(i donīt remember all, itīs 3 mooths old)

- Highborn w/ green Dragon, stone of crystall mere, spear, and hail of doom arrow

- branchwrath, with anoying of netlings, (other spite).

- Spellsinger, with dispel scrolls

- 8 dryads
- 8 dryads
- 5 Glade Riders
- 5 Glade Riders

- 6 Wild Riders, full command, war Banner
- 6 Wardancers
- 3 warhawk Riders

- 1 Great Eagle
- 1 Treeman

I think its preety much like this, and its a very good army, got in top 3 all games( about 7)