PDA

View Full Version : The interior of a Thunderbolt Fighter?

Calgar
14-07-2005, 21:28
Iīv seen the illustrated interior of a Orc Fighta Plane in the Imperial Armour book and it suddenly hit me.... are there any illustrations / photos of the interior of an Imperial Thunderbolt or any Imperial jet fighter / bomber?
If there arent any photos, then, how do you all think it would look like inside a Valkyrie Fighter?

And to my second question....are there ejector-seats in Imperial Fighters or is that not an option for pilots because itīs to easy to "chicken out and get out alive"?

Brusilov
14-07-2005, 21:29
Being the happy owner of a Thunderbult I can tell you they have ejector seats, after all the Imperium may still realise that its pilots have skills worthy of being saved, contrary to the footsloggers who can be replaced by almost anyone given a lasgun.

TenTailedCat
14-07-2005, 21:35
Yep, in the Gaunts Ghosts novel Guns of Tanith the Phantine air force have ejector seats. Fat lot of good it did them though, poor buggers.

Calgar
14-07-2005, 21:45
But what about the Imperial Stellar fighters them (space fighters), what kind of survival gear do they have......well not ejector- seats is space i guess.

The look of the interior of a Thunderbolt, are there pictures of is or is it just plain old "cramped and green lights flashing"?

TenTailedCat
14-07-2005, 21:46
I'd imagine they eject the whole cockpit, probably has rudimentary life support and homing beacons.

orangesm
15-07-2005, 04:46
That is very possible on the Stellar fighters. The B-1 orginally was going to have that, but it became hugely expensive.

milmot
15-07-2005, 05:34
The F-111 has it. Pilot and Co-pilot sit next to each other and the whole cockpit gets ejected.

Brusilov
15-07-2005, 06:29
From the mini, the Tunderbolt cockpit probably looks like the cockpit or a modern fighter, although probably adding a few purity seals and other Mechanicus symbols. ;)

Calgar
15-07-2005, 08:57
It is stated in the newest Forgeworld newsleter that in the new Taros Campaign book there will be interior photos of Imperial fighting vehicles such as īRusses, chimeras and aircrafts.
Just thought that you all should know. :D

Nazguire
15-07-2005, 09:00
I imagine a Thunderbolt Fighter cockpit to look like similar to a modern day fighter cockpit, like a F-15 or a F/A-18. Just with Mechanicus symbols, suitably high-tech 40k technology components, and the blood of the former 'martyr' pilots.

sigur
15-07-2005, 09:06
Aw shame. Another modern thing. Interesting detail, as the Fighta cockpit has interesting resemblance of a WWII german fighter plane's cockpit. :) Would have been nice to see some paralels between imperial and British cockpits or something. It wouldn't be the first time GW does something like that, but I guess that those times are gone.

alterion
15-07-2005, 10:33
nah amodern cockpit.. also i tink the whole thing goes on valkires like on heli's today..

WLBjork
16-07-2005, 14:23
As the Imperium is a wierd mish-mash of technology, I would expect something similar to the early jets (F-86, F-80 etc.) with the gyroscopic gun sights.

sigur
16-07-2005, 18:08
nah amodern cockpit.. also i tink the whole thing goes on valkires like on heli's today..

Yeah, but I'm not too fond of the design of these 2 models either. I mean they do look good, but look a bit too high-tech for my likings.