PDA

View Full Version : 3000 point, "reiksguard" Army (list 2 of 3)

paspinall
17-01-2007, 11:37
Hi guys, this is the second of 3 army lists, the below list will represent pretty much a reiksguard army, my Intention is to replace all the bodies with armoured bodies using only the colour of the armour to represent the strength of the armour.

that isnt final and they could just have their support painted in Reiksguard colours ...

Anyway as always Comments and suggestions are greatly desired.

General of the Empire, Barded Warhorse, Sword of Sigismund, Holy Relic, Full plate armour, Shield (yes I know not a Grand master but technicaly there already is one for the Reiksguard :) )

Captain: BSB Barded Warhorse, Full plate armour, Imperial Banner

Captain: Icon of Magnus, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Great weapon

Wizard Lord: Lvl 4, Armour of Tarnus, Barded Warhorse, Rod of Power, Orb of thunder

Wizard: Lvl 2, Wizards staff, dispel scroll

9 Reiksguard Knights, Musician and Preceptor (acompanied by BSB)

25 Swordsmen, full command, Banner of Valour
Detatchment of 10 handgunners
Detatchment of 10 Halberdiers with shields (these are to hold the line where needed)

25 Swordsmen, full command,
Detatchment of 10 Halberdiers with shields

25 Halberdiers, Shields, Full command
Detatchment of 10 Free company

24 Greatswords , full command (acompanied by Captain)

5 Pistoliers, Full commnd, repeater pistol

9 Reksguard Knights of the Inner Circle, Full command, Banner of the Daemonslayer (accompanied by the General)

Greatcannon

5 Outriders, Full command, Hochlanc Long Rifle.

Total points: 2986

paspinall
18-01-2007, 07:00
If my Sigmarite list changes this one may have to as well (for cost reasons) But as my Infantry blocks look fine it shouldnt be an issue.

paspinall
19-01-2007, 21:29
Please anyone? Thanks to the replies I am getting on my Sigmarite list that and this one are looking more likely so I would like to know what changes if any I need to make to this list.

Von Wibble
20-01-2007, 12:14
General of the Empire, Barded Warhorse, Sword of Sigismund, Holy Relic, Full plate armour, Shield (yes I know not a Grand master but technicaly there already is one for the Reiksguard :) )

Mounted with sword of sigismund? You will probably charge anyway so don't need to worry about striking first. Just take a lance.

Captain: BSB Barded Warhorse, Full plate armour, Imperial Banner

OK - 2+ armour saveis good protection.

Captain: Icon of Magnus, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Great weapon

Fine

Wizard Lord: Lvl 4, Armour of Tarnus, Barded Warhorse, Rod of Power, Orb of thunder

Why mounted? Armour of Tarnus is a waste of points - your wizasrd should never get into a situation where he needs a ward save so therefore should never pay the points for one. Get a power stone instead.

Wizard: Lvl 2, Wizards staff, dispel scroll

Fine

9 Reiksguard Knights, Musician and Preceptor (acompanied by BSB)

9 is too big. 5 will do (1 loss loses any advantage of 9 models anyway)

25 Swordsmen, full command, Banner of Valour
Detatchment of 10 handgunners
Detatchment of 10 Halberdiers with shields (these are to hold the line where needed)

Fine. War banner is better than banner of valour imo (remember bsb allows reroll on panic anyway)

25 Swordsmen, full command,
Detatchment of 10 Halberdiers with shields

Fine

25 Halberdiers, Shields, Full command

3 foot units now. Careful about deployment- it will be difficult. Right call not to take 2 detachments for every nuit.

24 Greatswords , full command (acompanied by Captain)

I would put the captain with a different unit as greatswords can look after themselves and it will add LD and punch elsewhere.

5 Pistoliers, Full commnd, repeater pistol

For the price of the champion + just 1 point you could get another pistolier. Just as shooty, slightly more survivable.

9 Reksguard Knights of the Inner Circle, Full command, Banner of the Daemonslayer (accompanied by the General)

No problem. 9 is fine here as it synergises with daemonslayer banner.

Greatcannon

Compulsory choice.

5 Outriders, Full command, Hochlanc Long Rifle.

Fine

Total points: 2986

OK, with the points cuts suggested thats 150 pts left. Since you don't need any more units (they will just get in each others way) I suggest you take a warrior priest to lead one of your foot nuits. This will turn it from a unit that might just hold the line to a unit that can break through if need be. It also supports your magic phase. Sword of battle, shield, van horstmanns and heavy armour is a reasonable combo. Doomfire ring or aldreds casket are also good items, as is the rod of command.

paspinall
20-01-2007, 17:47
General: Ok I shall think about that

Wizard Lord, Armour of Tarnus plus horse is 4+ save I believe? Plus he is mobile so can move where needed.

Knights: but small units of 5, will they really make that much of a difference, especially as my opponents prefer pretty large units?

Swordsmen banner, I might change this thanks

The Captain with the Greatswords: I guess I was a little worried of losing such a big expensive unit, hence wy I wanted the Icon of Magnus here, especially as my opponents are usually wood elves or Vampire Counts

Extra pistolier, I guess, a single extra may work well, but then I would be buying a whole box for a single model...

Von Wibble
20-01-2007, 18:26
Yes, wizard lord has 4+ save and 5+ ward. But he doesn't need them - unless you are planning to throw him into combat where his 1A, WS3 and S3 aren't going to help. I'd only take a ward save if I had van horstmanns to really scare enemy characters. But its risky - I'd sooner protect a wizard by making sure they are never attacked at all and spending the points on boosting the magic phase or getting extra troops.

Remember a unit of 5 knights plus character will actually get more attacks on charge. The only difference between 5 and 10 is that the 10 might outnumber (not likely), and that they get a rank bonus of 1 (removed witht ehdeath of just 1 model).

Fair point about the pistoliers and captain - but against armies without fear causers I would still leave the greatswords alone and help another unit.

paspinall
20-01-2007, 19:10
For the Captain its easy enough to move units based on what army I am facing, not a problem there.