PDA

View Full Version : Black Orc Character and WAAAGH

damiengore
17-01-2007, 13:27
Just wondering, if a unit contains a Black orc character and on the turn the general calls a Waaaggghh the unit squabbles. Does it:

A. Take D6 wounds with no save and then counts as squabble.
B. Take D6 St5 wounds and then counts result as "plans a good un"
C. Take D6 wounds with no armour save THEN D6 St5 wounds and counts the result as "The Plans a good un"

I'm kinda thinking it would be option C, which is nasty stuff. In 2 games in a row I have inflicted on average 6 casualties from Black Orc Smackdown or Waaggghhh Squabbling.

Opinions?

Avian
17-01-2007, 14:00
B.

Units accompanied by a Black Orc that roll a 1 for their Animosity test take D6 S5 hits and then count as having rolled a "Plan's a good 'un". As they never actually count as having Squabbled, they don't take D6 Wounds.

Milgram
17-01-2007, 14:00
this was in the faq I believe. B is the answer.

btw: didn't I post a thread with an almost similar title today? almost thought someone renamed it. :)

stashman
17-01-2007, 16:49
Should be

A. Take D6 wounds with no save and then counts as squabble

if you read in the rules the gods are angry.

Festus
17-01-2007, 16:58
Hi

if you read in the rules the gods are angry.
if you read the rules, the rules say that a BO character will cause D6 S5 hits and the unit is counted as having rolled a *plan's a good 'un* result.

So they will never count as having rolled a 1.

Right answer: Still B.

Festus

damiengore
17-01-2007, 18:41
Thanks guys, time for the BO to lay the smack down!!!!

stashman
18-01-2007, 09:55
Well we have playe dit wrong :)

So from now on my BO bosses can make the 1 on a waaagh!!! to a plan is good. Then keep moveing my units.

Thanks.

Jester007
18-01-2007, 09:57
The answer is A. I'll quote from the O&G book directly:

Black Orc regiments and Black Orc characters on their own are counted as having rolled a 6, even though they do not normally test. Black Orc characters in units are bound by their unit's test.

A roll of a 1 is always a squabble, regardless of any modifiers. In addition, units that squabble in the turn in which a Waaagh! is called suffer D6 Wounds (distributed as for shooting) with no armor saves allowed.

I hope that clarifies things a little bit. Sorry if it was dissapointing to anyone, but that's the way of the WAAAGH! If a unit is given the opprotunity to smash some heads in and pass it up, they should incur the wrath of Gork and Mork after all. But I still love my greenskins, even when they occasionally remind me how unpredictable they can be. Catch ya'll later!

Got Squig?

DeathlessDraich
18-01-2007, 10:59
I'm on to you now Mr Funny wind-up Jester007!:D

Festus
18-01-2007, 13:53
The answer is A. I'll quote from the O&G book directly: ...

LOL

Would you mind reading p.20 of the O&G Army Book then, as you obviously have it. Re-read the BlackOrcs special rules and it shall become clear to you...:eyebrows:

On a general note: It still is option B of course.

Festus