PDA

View Full Version : Empire Horde army.

Dspankdo
17-01-2007, 14:33
Having finnished up with my orcs and goblins I promptly decided to begin with a new project, Empire. The Background is a warhost marching out of Altdorf, Beggining a campaign into the heart of the Drakwald to re capture the Shrine of Hestleburg, a large and holy place of worship oddly occupied by both priests of Morr and Sigmar. Recently a Beastmen raid has occupied it the only survivor being the Head Cleric of Morrs priests at the temple, who managed to escape the rampaging beasts and spirit himself to middenheim and eventually Altdorf. There he petitioned The Grand Theogonist himself for aid in recapturing the temple. Volkmar reacted immediately and dispatched a great force drawn from Reiklands garrisons and peasant levys to aid the Cleric of Morr. However Volkmar was not the only one that Answered the Priests Plight and a small Elite unit of the Knights of Morr joined the force to reclaim there gods temple.

Lords

Arch lector with heavy armour, barded warhorse,shroud of magnus, Icon of Magnus, sword of battle and shield.

245pts

Arch lector with two hand weapons, armour of meteoric iron and the ring of volans.

176pts

Heroes

Warrior priest with the enchanted sheild, the doomfire ring and heavy armour.

139pts

Warrior Priest with Heavy armour, great weapon and the silver horn.

133pts

Core

3x 25 swordsmen with full command.
-10 free company
-10 handgunners

915pts(305pts)

30 Free company with full command.

170pts

10 huntsmen with a marksmen.

105pts

Special

12 Greatswords with full command.
-10 halbierders.
-10 free company

260pts

5 inner circle Knights with full command and Warbanner.

195pts

2 Great Cannons.

200pts

1 mortar.

75 pts

Rare

2 Hellblasters.

220 pts

15 Flaggellants with a prophet of doom.

160pts

Bound spells:9(1 of which is 1 use only)
Dispell dice:8
Models:242

Von Wibble
17-01-2007, 16:51
If you want lots of models on the table I would advise archers rather than handgunners. They can move and shoot, and all draw a bead to the enemy which means they are ver easy to deploy and you don't have to worry about blocking their los as often. You will have similar problems deploying 5 war machines on top of that.

12 greatsword have maximun detachment sizes of 6 each. To make use of stubborn the unit really needs to be at least 20 strong (or have a character with it).

My opinioin is that empire are an army that will struggle if they try to fight as a horde - they need mutual support and characters to operate. It would be interesting to see if your approach works.

DesertDirge
17-01-2007, 17:27
I'd drop the free company and at more huntsmen. ;)

Mephistofeles
17-01-2007, 19:15
How many points does this add up to?

Dspankdo
17-01-2007, 19:39
3000, reason I take handgunners over huntsmen is simply firepower, I play alot of very heavily armoured armies so dropping them is noit really an option, 12 to small ay I'll have to fing points for 8 more then. I think empire can work well as a horde as in this list there are numerous support units. I'll try the list out anyway and see if it works.

Mephistofeles
18-01-2007, 20:15
I wouldn't take the free company as a stand alone unit, they aren't that good on their own, despite their two attacks.

I also wouldn't take handgunners as detachments for you infantry, seeing as that is wasting firepower if you want to advance.

I would also take one less Helblaster and for those points take 10 more Greatswords. That makes that unit better, and also makes its detachments legal, which they aren't now...

Dspankdo
19-01-2007, 09:13
How Come the handgunners have to advance.

Mephistofeles
19-01-2007, 18:47
If you want to advance with your spearmen they will have to advance to in order to be of any use as detachments.

If you are planning to always stand still with your entire battle line then this is of course no problem.

Dspankdo
20-01-2007, 01:35
The Reason I made them detachments is because I didn't want any command and if I didn't advance I could still use the unit as a dtachment.

vorac
20-01-2007, 06:45
if you don't want a command then don't take one, it's perfectly legal to take 10 handgunners with no command, possibly the only command model worth taking is a marksman with a special gun.

Dspankdo
20-01-2007, 07:16
Uh what do you mean. I know it's legal, I think you've misread something, where talking about taking them as detachments or not. Not about command.