PDA

View Full Version : Empire vs Orc & Goblins 500p

Templar_Victorious
18-01-2007, 20:15
Hey ppl.
I have an upcoming game versus Orc and Goblins in 500p.

My army:
1 Captain with Sword of Justice, Full plate Armor and Longbow

1 lvl 2 Wizard. (prolly Lore of Fire)

15 Swordsmen /w detachment of 7 Free companies & 5 Handgunners

10 Archers

5 Huntsmen

My enemy's army.

1 Goblin big boss, equipment unknown,

20 Goblins, equipment unknown

10 Golbins spider riders

1 giant.

Tactics to deal with giant, as this will be my main threat.

Board is about 48"x48".
Terrain will be light.

DeathlessDraich
18-01-2007, 20:46
Unexpected choices for 500pt for O&G which could easily outnumber and beat a 500pt Empire.

My recommendation is to substitute the Hunstmen and Archers for another infantry unit with detachments of crossbow or handgunners and freecompany

captaincortez
19-01-2007, 18:05
More crossbows will deal with the giant. They are more reliable than a cannon in a smaller game (where points are precious). Hit on 3+ and wound on 5+. Also, outriders would be great as they can churn out a high volume of fire. This will also be effective to mow down gobling once you have killed the giant. This may sound jerky, but I would field a small gunline against this greenskin force. Shoot them!!

Mephistofeles
19-01-2007, 18:45
Take out the huntsmen and archers and replace them with crossbowmen. You should get about 15 of them. They will take care of the Giant rather reliably, and will also be good against most of the other things he has. Take them in a unit of 10, with a five man detachment for the swordsmen or big x-bow unit.

I would remove the handgunners detachment and take 5 more swordsmen so as to have a unit of 20 instead. That will leave you with 10 points, which you should use to take your free company detachment up to 9, and by taking away the bow from the captain you'll get them up to 10.

10th clancannach rangers
19-01-2007, 19:20
I would give your captain a great weapon fo killing lots of goblins