PDA

View Full Version : TK vs Dwarf/Empire Gunline, tips wanted!

FatOlaf
19-01-2007, 14:46
So I'm facing a 2K Dwarf/Empire gunline on Monday. I have faced them so far with VC, LM and Skaven and now it's the turn of my TK.

They will have warmachines a plenty and will have plenty of DD due to the 4 Dwarf DD, a lvl 4 wizard and prob a priest or runesmith, this will make my magic phase a lot harder to pull off.

I have access to all the minis and so far the only thing I have decided on is to take 2 SSC's with a priest nearby to hopefully get 4 shots off a turn.

I will also have 3-4 swarms to ICFB the warmachines as well.

Advice wanted warseer?
What else should I take?
What works well against gunlines?

Panzer MkIV
20-01-2007, 18:08
Swarms, scorpions, carrions and a Tomb king with the spear of ankara, scorpion armour and cloak of the dunes are very useful in taking down missile troops. Use 2 units of carrion to accompany the lord, that way the carrions can benefit from "my will be done" or use it on himself to get first turn charges. Your opponent will try to prevent it draining his/her dice so you have a greater chance to get your incantations of smiting off. Back this up with 2 tunneling scorpions and swarms. That should work

FatOlaf
22-01-2007, 13:19
Swarms, scorpions, carrions and a Tomb king with the spear of ankara, scorpion armour and cloak of the dunes are very useful in taking down missile troops. Use 2 units of carrion to accompany the lord, that way the carrions can benefit from "my will be done" or use it on himself to get first turn charges. Your opponent will try to prevent it draining his/her dice so you have a greater chance to get your incantations of smiting off. Back this up with 2 tunneling scorpions and swarms. That should work

I've gone with a king with the spear but in a unit of chariots with the mirage standard to protect them from cannons. The cloak does not let you charge though, so I've given it to my Herio instead.
I have 2 swarms and a TS using ICFB and 3 carrion that I will magic charge first turn against his best warchine. Hopefully this will do the trick. :D

Mazdug
26-01-2007, 18:12
Is the opponent your playing using both empire and dwarves?
I've found against most gun line armies, the casket of souls does very well, especially against empire troops who don't have amazing leadership. When playing tomb kings, I tend to run with a TK and 3 priests, maxing out the number of dispel dice my opponents are going to need to beat me. Even dwarves with a runepriest are going to have hang on to half their dispel dice to reliably stop the casket of souls, which, if placed in the center of my army, or on a hill, can usually be seen by most of the opposing players army for a large portion of the game. To deal with war machines, I rely on either my unit of tomb swarms, or on a couple of carrion, which tend to be able to, if not actually kill the crews, keep them busy for most of the game.

Tutore
26-01-2007, 20:28
Plenty of scorpions, swarms and even counter artillery if you want (screaming skull catapult, forcing a panic test with every casualty done).

FatOlaf
27-01-2007, 13:31
Worked a treat!
2 SSC's, swarms and TS all hit, came up in right place, took out warmachines.
TK in 4 chariot unit smashed into his lines turn 1 and took out 2 big units.
Brave Ushabti took out general and his Knights unit in 2 turn CC.
Massacre to me :D

Tutore
27-01-2007, 21:19
Great. I like Ushabtis and scorpions.