PDA

View Full Version : Shooting a plasma gun on high energy in overwatch

Illiterate Pancake
20-01-2007, 17:59
I have been reading the FAQs and rules and i can't find the answer to this question: If i go into overwatch and shoot a plasma can i then shoot after using my next turn to go back into overwatch?

Jo Bennett
20-01-2007, 18:56
I would say no, because allowing it would mean you got to fire every turn of full power.

Mephistofeles
20-01-2007, 20:19
What you ask is that if you fire it in your opponents turn, can you then fire it in your opponents next turn?

If that's the question, then yeah, sure you can, you can fire it every other turn on high power setting.

Darkhorse
21-01-2007, 10:57
This is beardy, no two ways about it. I'm a fan of plasma weapons but that sort of abuse should bring censure from a campaign arbitraitor. If you fire on full power you should miss a turn of firing for the weapon to recharge. If the player is using the wording of the rule to fire at high power every turn something should be done.

marv335
21-01-2007, 11:14
no you can't you need to spend a game turn re-charging. not a player turn

Illiterate Pancake
21-01-2007, 17:11
I know it is beardy, but it appears to be legal as it says you cannot shoot in the firer's following turn. On the other hand it doesn't make much sense to have a loophole

talos935
22-01-2007, 00:05
The way i see it is that a plasma weapon can be fired every two turns on heavy, that includes overwatch.

baphomael
23-01-2007, 22:22
Use the "Rule of Common Sense and the Spirit of the Game" for this one.

Okie, Plasma on high energy setting takes a turn to recharge. Ok. So does it make any kind of sense if your able to shoot it during overwatch when, by all rights, it should be recharging? No? Then dont do it. Play for the spirit of the game...

Illiterate Pancake
24-01-2007, 23:53
I'll second that.

Elven Lord
27-02-2007, 12:29
I'd say that you can't.

Overwatch is a charater waiting for movement within his firing arch, not knowing when he is going to fire & if firing at all. But he sacrifices his shooting phase to represent him on look out.

The weapon must be available to fire in your own shooting phase.

Vattendroppe
27-02-2007, 13:16
Think like this. When you're normally firing with a plasma gun at high power setting it's like this:
Fire! - Opponents turn - Your Turn - Opponents Turn - Fire! And so on.
Therefore the rules for firing in your opponents turn should be the following:
Fire! - Yout Turn - Opponents Turn - Your Turn - Fire! And so forth.
May also be like this:
Fire! - Your Turn - Opponents Turn - Fire!
But certainly NOT(!!!)
Fire - Your Turn - Fire
As that would be the sam as
Fire! - Opponents Turn - Fire!

Sry for the post beeing a bit blurry, but I'm ill and can't think of another way to put it...