PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Shot Weapons

DominionWeaponsGroup
21-01-2007, 17:16
I was looking through my fantasy rule book and cant find anything that says multi shot weapons have a penalty. I was under the impression they did in 6th (though I never really played with any) and am trying to find out if that is an actual change, or am I just missing something. I'd like a page number for the rule if it isnt too much trouble

greenskin
21-01-2007, 17:21
-x to hit I believe, where x is the number of extra shots. I'm not sure though as I don't play any in my army and don't have the rulebook at hand.

greenskin
21-01-2007, 17:24
Scratch that! It's -1 to hit if they shoot multiple shots, no matter how many. Or they can shoot once with no penalty.

EDIT: page 55, Multiple shots.

Festus
21-01-2007, 19:39
Hi

Yes, very correct indeed. It is -1 for multiple shots, regardless how many multiple shots you let loose.

This little rule seems to be rather counter-intuitive, as it crops up quite often and is often answered like you did first, greenskin, even if this is not the case.

Festus

Jester007
23-01-2007, 19:47
Unless there is a rule that otherwise states, you will take a -1 on your "To Hit" rolls with a weapon with the descriptor of "Multiple Shots"

Got Squig?

Yade
23-01-2007, 20:38
Not true Jester. It is the exact opposite, you unly suffer the -1 to hit if your weapon has the special "Multiple Shots" rule. Otherwise elven bolt throwers and other weapons like that would suffer the -1.

Highborn
24-01-2007, 01:22
... as far as I can read it, you're both saying the same thing?

Briohmar
24-01-2007, 10:15

Not exactly. The Multiple shot rule is a specified rule in the book which applies to RXB's, repeater handguns, repeater pistols, etc. Whereas an elf (High or Dark) bolt thrower fires multiple shots (but not multiple shot rule.) So the bolt throwers don't suffer the minus 1.

Yade
24-01-2007, 15:27

It sounds like I am splitting hairs but it is important to note that several weapons, in the description, fire multiple shots. However, they do not suffer the -1 to hit unless they also have the special rule "multiple shots".

In one instance you have a description of a weapon and in the other you have an applied game mechanic.

significant differences between the two.