PDA

View Full Version : MOH european assault

warlordgrubnatz
15-07-2005, 16:15
i got this the other day, its a big improvment fromm allied assault and the terrible rising sun. what do you guys think of it

holymarine
17-07-2005, 17:32
I loved the game.The sound of the guns has improved.Yet if you shoot anyone (firing a machinegun) on the top of a building they always fall off the building. The last level was a bit difficult.

warlordgrubnatz
17-07-2005, 18:42
im stuck on the first battle of the bulge mission. Its not the best fps but is definatly imprioved on the last two mof games and is worthy pof the medal of honor title.

Jedi152
18-07-2005, 09:03
I'm not a fan of the MoH titles at all, as i said in my thread on the game here. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4849)

I brought the very first MoH and loved it, got frontline and minorly enjoyed it.

Played rising sun and it turned me off the whole series. It made me realise how flat and linear they all are, and the fact that the main guy can take about 50 bullets in the chest before he dies.

Another gripe is the main character. Why are they so obsessed with him being an american? Even having him at battles where no US troops were present (like British Commandos (who use american weapons of course :rolleyes: ) at St. Nazaire, and Stalingrad? What the ******?) is just inaccurate and disrepectful, and reads like US propoganda.

I much prefer CoD:Finest Hour. At least they aren't so 'patriotic' they refuse to have characters of other nationalities.

Rant over.

Plaguebearer
19-07-2005, 03:59
Now; I have to admit; I prefer Call of Duty by far... or if you want more strategy then Ghost Recon...

but... in a First Person Shooter; its not practical to have someone killed in one shot as they almost certainly would be if they were shot in real life (you might be able to take a few shots from small firearms if you had body armour, but you'd have to stop playing for like an hour as you recovered enough to walk and you'd be bruised and limping rest of the game). Its not realistic to be able to go through an entire game without being shot... unless they made the AI so stupid they kept walking into walls... Its an old, and poorly thought out complaint about games...

I mention Ghost Recon because that is the closest thing you are probably ever going to see to realism in a FPS (Its not really even a FPS)...

Plaguebearer
19-07-2005, 04:04
I too have issues with 'american propaganda' in games; I don't understand it... Hollywood does it because the Military wouldn't co-operate with them otherwise; but I never understood why Video games would make such cliche'd plots and historic inaccuracies...

Jedi152
19-07-2005, 09:01
@Plaguebearer: ok, so one shot death was maybe a bit too real, but thay could at least lower the guys tolerance to bullets.

Check out Brothers in arms - that works perfectly, and is about the most realistic WW2 game i've played on ps2.

Frodo34x
21-07-2005, 12:18
On the topic of MoH games - I havn't played any of the PS ones, with the exception of the original. I found that Allied Assualt on the PC is a pretty amazing game, but Pacific Assualt is terrible. Does anyone agree/disagree?

Rykion
21-07-2005, 19:18
I too have issues with 'american propaganda' in games; I don't understand it... Hollywood does it because the Military wouldn't co-operate with them otherwise; but I never understood why Video games would make such cliche'd plots and historic inaccuracies...

I seriously doubt Hollywood makes the movies it does because the military wouldn't co-operate if foreign military units were the main focus. Hollywood makes movies with the target audience of Americans. Just like any other nation's movie industry tends to target its movies towards its own population. It is more obvious with Hollywood because it has been the world's strongest movie industry for many years and its movies are widely exported. Hollywood feels that patriotic American centric military movies will do very well in the US, so that is what they tend to make. This is in stark contrast to the Hollywood movies of the late sixties, seventies, and early eighties that tended to show the military very negatively in light of Vietnam.

The videogame industry tends to do the exact same thing. The game in question includes Medal of Honor in its title. This should be an instant clue that it will be American centric. I would expect a game with the Victoria Cross in its title to focus on the British Empire and one with the Iron Cross to focus on Germany. It would have been better if the makers were more accurate and made sure only American involved operations were covered, but they didn't.

holymarine
08-08-2005, 11:21
Why cant there be a game about the british forces and actually be british? Maybe someone will make a WW1 0r 2 game about the Germans.