PDA

View Full Version : Harlequin UK release Date Confirmed

Heru Talon
22-01-2007, 13:26
Release date on the new Harlequin models confirmed.

From the pages of UK White Dwarf 326.

14th of April this year.

Jenage
22-01-2007, 14:13
Wicked thats great! Gutted about the White dwarf though mine has not come yet damm those mail order trolls

Iron Buddha
22-01-2007, 14:45
I wonder about over here in the US........

Bregalad
22-01-2007, 14:56
In Germany, it is 2nd April onward. Should have been 1st April for Harlequins ;)

lorbaat
22-01-2007, 17:50
Harlequin models, correct? This isn't a, "Surprise! Harlie Mini-Codex!" announcement, I take it?

I don't follow release dates and stuff... what's with the massive delay on these models?

THE KAPPTIN
22-01-2007, 19:07
Yeah that would be models.

Delay because... they didn't have time to make them, or maybe they wanted us to buy the classic ones? Probably lack of time. They can't make everything all at once.

philbrad2
22-01-2007, 19:15
Harlequin models, correct? This isn't a, "Surprise! Harlie Mini-Codex!" announcement, I take it?

I don't follow release dates and stuff... what's with the massive delay on these models?

No, Harlie army list entries are in the Eldar Codex. The models have been held over from the main Eldar releases.

PhilB
:chrome:

Zachariah
22-01-2007, 19:20
You guys don't happen to know the state side release date do you? A friend of mine (who is just as new to game as I am) nearly started drooling when he saw them in the codex.

Marovingean
22-01-2007, 20:14
and do they look sweet as???

No.
I don't like them, i'm not saying that i could do better i just don't like their look.

FarseerUshanti
22-01-2007, 20:24
I think it is April 14th for Harlies also here in the U.S. It might be a different date, but it will be aorund the early April release date

Heru Talon
22-01-2007, 20:54
I believe the release has possibly been held back to conicide with the Apocalypse Expansion release (just like how they held back some Tau stuff to release with CoD).

MAGUNRA3K
22-01-2007, 22:03
the photo in the white dwarf shows all 8 of the new models including troupe master and shadow seer ,i have to admit the paint job on the seer is exceptional and i have to say one of the best and original i have seen in a white dwarf in years

The Dude
22-01-2007, 22:58
I believe the release has possibly been held back to conicide with the Apocalypse Expansion release (just like how they held back some Tau stuff to release with CoD).

I've heared that Apocalypse is just now in Play-testing. If so, this couldn't be the case. If not, I could see that as justification.

Lornak Bloodgreed
23-01-2007, 02:35
finally, I can add harlequins to my eldar army!!! I cant wait to get that awsome toupe master too!!!:D :D :D

Iron Buddha
23-01-2007, 03:15
I'm still kinda miffed that they didn't put pics of the troupe master and shadowseer in the rulebook, as im not a big fan of WD (at least not any more) and the pic here on warseer of them aren't that good. maybe I'll take a flip through WD next time i stop by my local shop...

static grass
23-01-2007, 07:54
The release was held back so that eldar players get to feel that "oh shiny" feeling twice. It is not anymore complicated than that. In GW the sum of parts is greater than the sum of the whole :)

The Dude
23-01-2007, 21:14
A basic Marketing principle. Aggregate the bad points, seperate the good. People would rather lose $20 once than $10 twice, and they'd rather find $10 twice than $20 once.

Heru Talon
23-01-2007, 23:14
you know considering that this here forum only exists because of GW and all they have done over the years ,its sometimes a very long and hard search to find positive words from people here . the harlequins are been released in april to draw a line under the eldar release and looking at those models its a very nice line that jes goodwin has drawn for us .
will we see a harlequin only army list ?i doubt it ,they fit just nicely into an eldar army as something a little different from the rank and file .

No-one in this thread bashed GW...

did i mention i sell loads of 40k models as a trader on ebay i also dable in forge world sales too , contact me directly through Private message for a quote or price ,postage is free

Yes you said in another thread. Isn't it against the forum rules to advertise such?

t-tauri
24-01-2007, 07:26
did i mention i sell loads of 40k models as a trader on ebay i also dable in forge world sales too , contact me directly through Private message for a quote or price ,postage is freeAdverts only in the trading forum or by a link in your signature, please. Further off topic posting and thread highjacking will be treated as spam by the moderators.

t-tauri

The Warseer Inquisition

MAGUNRA3K
24-01-2007, 22:41
sorry guys , i should have read the rules more clearly

cybertron2000uk
08-02-2007, 19:08
let hope thet dont release release gotos versions of harlies....

would like to see the detailed bare metal models themseves first
how much will they charge for them??

eiglepulper
08-02-2007, 20:47
Just been on the GW France site:

Death Jester/Shadowseer/Troupe Master 9 Euros each
6 Harlequins boxed set 25 Euros
Blister packs of 2 Harlequins with Kisses 11.50 euros
Blister packs of 2 Harlequins with Fusion Pistols 11.50 euros

There's also mention of a "Cerastes Eldars Noirs". I can't find out what "cerastes" means (except there are references to snakes) but the other words mean "Black Eldar". It's a box of 10 metal models for 30 euros. Does this mean there are new Dark Eldar models??

E.

sir.spamalot
08-02-2007, 21:41
Awesome, I have been waiting looooong times for this. Time to update my harlie skirmish force.

cheers

Bregalad
08-02-2007, 22:23
There's also mention of a "Cerastes Eldars Noirs". I can't find out what "cerastes" means (except there are references to snakes) but the other words mean "Black Eldar". It's a box of 10 metal models for 30 euros. Does this mean there are new Dark Eldar models??

Harlequin release and the repackaged DE Wyches Box were already posted in the "April releases" thread.

luna wolf
12-02-2007, 17:19
i started jumping up and down when i heard about the release date.

Deathjester
12-02-2007, 18:05
I've been saying that the release date was late march or mid april since september last year, and no-one listened....

heh!

Anyway i can't wait :)

Orbital
12-02-2007, 18:19
I've been saying that the release date was late march or mid april since september last year, and no-one listened....

Looking for a bit retroactive "Man! You're totally cool!" ?

;)

Deathjester
12-02-2007, 18:52
nah it's just no-one believed me at the time :)

I've been excited about this release since i first saw the models tho ;)

Orbital
12-02-2007, 18:53
nah it's just no-one believed me at the time :)

I've been excited about this release since i first saw the models tho ;)

I told everyone back in the day that "New Coke" wouldn't last and that, before long, Coca-Cola would go back to the old formula. No-one believed me, but look at them now.

Your thing is cooler, btw.:)