PDA

View Full Version : Edzard's Necron Army!

Edzard
22-01-2007, 20:37
Hello people! First a little introduction? I'm Edzard born 1986, I live near Utrecht wich is in the Netherlands. Have been playing warhammer for a few years now.

Today I bought and painted my FIRST Necron model :D A nifty Necron Destroyer is sitting on my painting/studying desk right now. I am keeping a log, as to stimulate me into actually finishing the army :). You can all help by posting every now and again, it would be much appreciated!!
I do warn you, English is not my native language and I like to type long sentences wich sometimes makes it hell to read. hehe, like this :P

Cracking open the box, clipping the parts from the frames and the assembling where a real joy! Then I cried a while, I didn't want to ruin the pretty machine with my horrendous paintjob. Finally got the courage and slapped on some paint, results are below :)

Here is the workplace (I have put all that junk somewhere else :))
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/IMG004-1.jpg?t=1169493061

Some inspiration :chrome:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/IMG015.jpg?t=1169493354

And some crappy phone pics of my test model, be gentle
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/IMG013.jpg?t=1169493421

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/IMG014.jpg?t=1169493442

I will take some pictures with my mom's camera tomorrow, in daylight. I warn you though, I am not a very talented painter.

So anyways,what I did was: I basecoated it Chaos Black, then added a nice layer of Boltgun Metal over the entire model. The shoulderpads are Darkangels Green with the edges done in Goblin green.

I'm thinking of giving all my squads different colour shoulderpads, so I can keep them apart :p and add a little bit of diversity to the army.
Anyways, expect updates on the army progress. I might even take the time to write a few Battle Reports, if you guys are interested. (had this idea for a campaign for some time now... :evilgrin: )

I'm Planning on buying a Battleforce (wich has an extra destroyer in it!), a box of Necron Warriors & Necron Lord with a destroyer body next.

The List I will be building will eventually be something like this:

HQ

Necron Lord 1 (Destroyer Body, Resurrection Orb, Warscythe)
Necron Lord 2 (Ressurection Orb)

Troop

10x Necron Warriors
10x Necron Warriors
10x Necron Warriors
10x Necron Warriors

Fast Attack

3x Necron Destroyers
3X Necron Destroyers
10x Scarab Swarms (Disruption Fields)

1500 points exactly!

Well, hope I didn't burn your eyelids with this very long opening post :evilgrin: ,but if you guys have some suggestions, questions, remarks, flames, jokes or anything else feel free to spam the thread!

- Edzard

dave is the best
22-01-2007, 20:43
From what i see the shoulder pads look really cool.

Dave

Edzard
22-01-2007, 20:46
Well that was quick, haha! Check back tomorrow, you will be able to see how bad they really are ;)

Thanks for the compliment, I have a hard time taking those hehe

edit: 100th post yay!

VainEnd
23-01-2007, 03:45
Sounds like a cool army, but I would swap out one squad of warriors for either flayed ones or pariahs, also just a thought for your models, but the green highlighted "shoulder pads" might look cooler blue, but it is your army so the colour choice is yours but I am looking forward to seeing more of this army

Edzard
23-01-2007, 14:29
I will try and give every squad a different colour shoulderpads, blue will be included! :)

I am in the process of redoing the shoulderpads (out of sheer boredome, hehe) Same colours, just a little bit more carefull with the Goblin Green. I haven't been able to purchase anything except the lone Destroyer yet, my bank seems to need more then a week to transfer money to my account :wtf: Also I couldn't find my moms camera, I will ask her when she gets home so I can make a decent picture.

Maybe tomorrow I can buy the bulk of my army :)

Edzard
23-01-2007, 17:14
Well as promised, better pictures of the lone Destroyer.
I think he looks pretty nice, but an entire army would look better! :evilgrin: Hints tips rants on my painting are appreciated and welcomed! (even though I enjoy speaking to myself very much)

Switched browser, used capitals and right links... pray to God it works now.

Yay got it!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00033.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00029.jpg

Voronwe[MQ]
23-01-2007, 17:17
Please create an account on www.photobucket.com and use to put up pictures. Believe me, it'll be much better that way. ;)

Voronwe

srsmith
23-01-2007, 17:23
also If you want to you can ink the recesses with a mixture of black and brown inks to get a good effect. Other wise the Shoulders look good.

scrubout
23-01-2007, 17:23
Looks nice, I suggest you water down some chaos black and run it all over the metal to give it some shading/darkening. Sorry if I can't see it in the pics...but that technique has never failed to improve my metallics.

*edit*: Ya, what srsmith said...*grumble*grumble*...

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

Edzard
23-01-2007, 17:33
Thanks for the advice guys :) It was quick ^^

If I ink the guy, wont it dull the metal? I want my termina errr Necrons kinda shiney like in the movies..

And, I dont seem to be able to put up pictures.. I used Safari and now I'm in Firefox. The command doesn't work, even when I enter the links into the little thing you get when you press the "add picture" button :(

Voronwe[MQ]
23-01-2007, 17:39
Strane, it does for me. Here's an example:

Vostroyan metal worker.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o162/Img_Workshop/Vostroyanmetalworker.jpg

Voronwe

scrubout
23-01-2007, 17:58
Oh they'll be shiny, but they'll also have shadows. It should vastly improve your model.

-peace out

Edzard
23-01-2007, 19:59
Watered down Chaos Black, well doesn't hurt to try :)

BTW your avatar sure brings back memories!

John Vaughan
25-01-2007, 00:28
I would suggest that you highlight with strait mithril silver after washing with black ink/wet chaos black, because it brings out the finer edges. Harder for younger painters, but awesome when it is learned. I would also paint the emblem on his chest(plate) snot green, as a color that stands out really nicely.

I am currently working on my own necron army. I decided to do a similar approach. They are black w/codex gray highlights, with blue as their accent color. Everything very subtle like the eyes and the chest(plate) emblem are ice blue. The various other parts, like the gun, back of the head, and the shoulder plates are all painted with strait boltgun metal, and highlighted with mith silver. It looks really nice. I will ask if I can take pics today or tomorrow:).

Edit: Paint the eyes green too. It will really bring them out with a sinister look!

Princess Faye
25-01-2007, 01:58
I really like the idea you have for theming each unit with different coloured shoulder pads! And I totally agree with you when you say you want them to look shiny like in movies!I coat all my models in a thick layer of gloss varnish, I just like them to be shiny!Also,don't be so hard on your painting, it looks just fine to me (although I would agree with inking them to give them shadows) keep up the good work!:chrome:

Edzard
25-01-2007, 12:58
I watered down some Chaos Black and soaked the metal with it, it looks COOL! Still shiney, but more real :)

The black seems to have stuck to some flat parts too, have to go over that with some boltgun metal again.

I was planning on doing the eyes red, but green would suit better with the green rods I guess.

I finally bought the bulk of my army today :D
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/IMG016.jpg

Gonna clean & assemble some warriors now, yay!

Edit: W00T best day of the week, my xbox360 came back from the repair it was undergoing :D

T_55
25-01-2007, 13:26
Looking good so far, i like the destroyer, its nice and cleanly painted and the highlighting looks good. I think (personal oppinion) that they would better with more green though, the smooth flat surface part of the (i dunno what to call it...) bottom half of the destroyer would look good in your dark green and get rid of the flat metal surface....

scrubout
25-01-2007, 14:58
Glad to hear it worked out for you, I didn't realize you had the eyes not painted. I'd love to see an updated pic of the mini. Have you considered what your gonna do for bases yet?

I <3 my avatar. Brings back lots of memories too...*drifts into nostalgia*

-peace out

Edzard
25-01-2007, 19:20
First of all: thanks to all of you guys for replying! It really stimulates me, and makes me excited about this army :D

Atm I'm painting the first 4 warriors, when they are done I will take pictures of all that I have done so far.

Highlighting with Silver, I'm gonna try it.
The little emblems they have I might do gold or some other metal colour, dunno yet.. Im tempted to keep them greyish though (wouldn't want my Necrons to resemble a jewelstore, now would I.. no I wouldn't)

@scrubout: After I saw your avatar I had to play C&C got to Nod lvl 8 :p

so guys; maybe tonight some pictures but I doubt it, stay tuned for another episode

scrubout
25-01-2007, 19:27
so guys; maybe tonight some pictures but I doubt it, stay tuned for another episode

If no progress is shown tonight I will not allow you to blame my avatar. Playing CnC...shame on you! Paint! Pictures!

-peace out

Edzard
25-01-2007, 21:27
You fail, you die. :(

Seems I have failed, still have to do their shoulderpads. Oh and I haven't given a single thought about bases yet, something simple probably.

Edit: haha, 30 mins left in the day and here they are!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00045-1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00049.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00051.jpg

scrubout
25-01-2007, 23:20
Bit difficult to tell with the lightning, but it already looks like an improvement to me. The different colored shoulder pads will be an interesting change.

-peace out

Edzard
26-01-2007, 17:21
They look better with the 'shading' method applied then without, way better :) You notice it alot more in real life, I'm still getting used to that insane camera, hehe.

At the moment I'm cleaning the next 4 necron warriors, I have to buy more paint soon (running out of colour combinations for the shoulder pads :)) Maybe some pictures today, probably tomorrow.

John Vaughan
26-01-2007, 17:46
As far as bases go, I simply flock 'em and paint them black, then drybrish codex gray. Dark bases match mine well, because they are black afterall. I dunno about yours though. I think that you could get some sand fromsome toddler's sandbox, and glue it to the base. It worked for well for me, I just painted the side of the base bestial brown.

Edzard
26-01-2007, 17:48
Hmm, yep I had that in mind too. Easy to do :P Btw John Vaughan you uploaded a few pics of your Necrons? Eager to see those :D

scrubout
26-01-2007, 17:50
Gah! No! Black rims are teh class!11! *ahem*

I prefer black rims...

-peace out

John Vaughan
26-01-2007, 17:59
Black rims work too. I put brown on my other armies because it matched the sand.

Edzard
27-01-2007, 00:15
Ok black rims it is. :) Tomorrow guys, some serious updates! Got nothing good to do tomorrow so I will probably be painting for a few hours :)

Edzard
29-01-2007, 15:01
Sorry, no pictures sadly. I cut my right thumb pretty bad when building a batch of necron warriors last saturday :(

Im building again today, but saturday I couldn't even finish building 4 of em and sunday I was helping a friend of mine move into his new appartment. All in all a pretty wasted weekend warhammer wise.

John Vaughan
05-02-2007, 22:49
I am so bad at getting pics. I just have so much going with school right now. I want to tonight, because I don't have any EC activities (at least I don't think I do!). Anyway, my brother gives me crap about them being all black, except for silver joints and blue eyes. Is there anything that I can do to enhance the appearance of black armored models? I already have been highlighting with codex gray, but I feel like there is something missing. Any ideas? I was thinking gloss varnish, just on the black, but my peeve is that it is a really thick layer of material, and makes bad if I ever want to repaint any.

John Vaughan
06-02-2007, 01:24
Hazah! I finally have some pics!

The first ones are of my necron lord, of which I love very much! The blue is very cool! Then there are some scarab swarms, and about 9 warriors that I have mostly done (a few touch-ups/changes needed).

Thank you for being patient!

John Vaughan
08-02-2007, 15:53
My last post wouldn't fit all of my pictures, so I figured I'd clump all of my destroyers together in this post. Well, here they are!

Edzard
09-02-2007, 01:54
Lookin cool John Vaughan! You can put some transfers on the destroyers if you want to colour them up a bit ;) cheap trick!

Sorry about the lack of updates, rl has gotten me tied up and school is asking alot now too :(
I think I will paint some stuff tomorrow, to ease my nerves off the schoolwork though, hehe.

VainEnd
09-02-2007, 03:55
lookin good man

liamrob
09-02-2007, 05:12
If your after some neat models with your necron warriors you can cut the legs at the joints or arms etc. Then all you need is to pin it and glue. Because there isn't any armour ribbing there isn't much sculpting needed unless you can't cut straight :p

Keep up the hard work. There looking nice.

Edzard
09-02-2007, 12:15
Just sprayed 4 new Necron Warriors :)

I swear I could see them smiling when the first layer of paint hit em! Will finish em today I reckon.

John Vaughan
09-02-2007, 15:54
I plan on employing some of the things I learned in the "Crap About Black Models..." thread to make my warriors better. I might do that today, but probably tomorrow.

Edzard
09-02-2007, 17:26
Only the shoulderpads remain to be done on the 4 warriors I started today. 3 of em look like they are shooting their guass guns. I have named them Hank, Hank and Hank the smiling warrior trio.

I will take a picture tomorrow, when there is daylight again :)

scrubout
09-02-2007, 18:00
Looking forward to the update.

That reminds me of the Hank character from Fallout2, poor Necrontyr-like Ghouls of the post-apocalyptic future.

-peace out

Edzard
09-02-2007, 18:31
Ah Fallout.. maybe I should greenstuff a tree growing out of my lords head.. hmm :D

Gonna do the highlights in a few minutes, and maybe assemble something.

Edzard
11-02-2007, 12:13
Here we go!

The Gang
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00064.jpg

Hank, Hank & Hank
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00072.jpg

Hank, Hank & Hank and a lucky ork
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00073.jpg

Edzard
11-02-2007, 12:14
Couldn't fit my picture spamming in 1 post, so here is number 2.

.. for something totally different, I tried a few ork skintones and this is the one I liked best.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00076.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/DSC00079.jpg

Thats all folks, I cant find my drill thingy so I wont put together the lord yet. I guess I will start to assemble some more warriors then (8 down, 32 to go!)

John Vaughan
12-02-2007, 15:58
I didn't use a drill to assemble my lord. Unless you are converting it, you only need a bit of green stuff. Stick it in the socket, and dump some superglue in there. Then let it dry overnight. Ta-da!

Necrons are looking great by the way! :)

Since you are inking your warriors, you should highlight the edges of their armor with boltgun metal. You might have already, but I can't really tell from the picture. :)

Edzard
12-02-2007, 16:54
Thanks for the compliment :D Means alot to a guy that thinks his painting sucks!

It was not a normal lord but a destroyer lord, he holds his spear arm outright and GS & glue just didn't hold it the way I wanted it. Found the drill I got it the way I wanted it now, still drying.

I also made a small conversion to a normal Necron Warrior (made him stand upright & gave him a destroyer head) In small games where you don't have to take an HQ I'll use him to represent the leader (Necron NCO or something)

John Vaughan
13-02-2007, 15:55
That's an interesting thought, but where did you get the extra head? There are never x-tra pieces with necrons. Was it from the destroyer lord box?

I did a similar thing with my nids, where I gave the leaders extended carapace bits, and made them look beefier and more intelligent, whereas everyone else looks like drooling idiots.

I'm not much for conversions, unless I get a killer idea. The one circulating in my head right now is converting some flayed ones. I love those little suckers, but I hate the price and the representation of the model.

Edzard
14-02-2007, 09:45
Yes, the destroyer lord (you get a destroyer and some lord pieces) I may now do all my Necron Warriors standing up instead of their 'hippo riding leg positioning'. I play Orks, forced to convert alot if you want it to look decent :P

I want to convert a deceiver, but I am not sure how I want my deceiver to look. I'm gonna do 3 Warriors and the NCO today I hope, will get up some pictures again too. :)

bram kuijpers
14-02-2007, 10:09
jo why hank why not henk?

looking good btw

Edzard
14-02-2007, 10:24
jo why hank why not henk?

looking good btw

Saving Private Henk? :p

http://www.mastermovies.nl/voiceover/Saving%20Private%20Henk.jpg

bram kuijpers
14-02-2007, 10:36
MASTErMOVIES pwnt echt zo vet!! :D :D :D :evilgrin:
how bout saving henks private?

John Vaughan
15-02-2007, 23:08
*Sigh...* You dont name soulless skeletal warriors hank! (Or Henk, whatever the heck you want!)

scrubout
15-02-2007, 23:45
Wow, guess the name stuck!...I miss Fallout...stupid character broke his leg and I don't have patience to watch him hobble everywhere (or reload my other save file).

Looking excellent. Am I the only one who found the wildly-running-with-chainsword-above-head Ork amusing?

-peace out

Edzard
16-02-2007, 18:06
YAAY weekend!

My school project presentation went very well today! :D My mindless skeletal metal warriors need names, how else will that C'tan keep them apart? ;)
Had some beers, so I wont go and ruin some stuff atm.. but later tonight or tomorrow I'll get some work done :)

I will probably do 20 warriors with those green shoulderpads you have seen before, 10 with the grey/white and another 10 with blue/lightblue shoulderpads. The Necron NCO guy just needs his shoulderpads done, he looks pretty cool :D

Well guys thanks for stimulating me into really finishing this army! It is all much appreciated.

Edzard
17-02-2007, 18:35
It seems 2 Warrior sprue's are missing, I bought a battleforce & a Necron Warrior box, but have only 8 warrior sprue's. I'm pretty sure I didn't lose them (only building a few necrons at a time and all the sprues are in the battleforce box)

The battleforce box contained 4 destroyers instead of the normal 3, but it didn't say anything about containing only 20 warriors instead of 28. I even talked the the storesalesperson about why they put an extra destroyer in and he said that the normal Battleforce didn't give you as much a 'discount' as the other races battleforces do.

Gah, just my terrible good luck I guess. Think I should contact GW about this, or the store? :( On the other side, I'v never had anything missing in my GW stuff before so maybe it was bound to happen.

I finished the NCO Necron, and the Destroyer Lord is primed and ready to receive some paint! Maybe I'll take some pictures later tonight, but I'm a little pissed.

Edzard
18-02-2007, 20:48
The Gang so far. http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/IMG033.jpg

Arms and Heads need to be put on those Warriors and they can get a nice black shower. Good camera battery is out of juice, will paint some and take a few pics tomorrow I think.

Tonight I'm gonna watch Clint Eastwood in UNFORGIVEN :)

Edzard
19-02-2007, 13:35
A few pictures!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00125.jpg

Future Necron Lord, the NCO guy and a normal warrior.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00127.jpg

same, but from behind.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00116.jpg

Necron Lord stuff

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00136.jpg

Pete, grumpy Necron Warrior in the army of Bocephus.

scrubout
19-02-2007, 14:04
The Hanks are looking good, I can't say much about the Necron lord though because I don't recognize the model range enough...good luck regardless though!

-peace out

Edzard
19-02-2007, 14:24
Its a normal warrior, but standing like a man. I'm gonna put the extra bits I had from the Destroyer Lord on him, still thinking about what to do with his head.. I repositioned the legs so that he stands a little bit taller then the other guy with the 'manlike' legs. He is after all, the boss :P

Thanks for supporting me through this task :D

John Vaughan
20-02-2007, 18:55
I was shorted a destroyer when I got the battleforce for x-mas. I went to GW, and they replaced it for free :). I like the way that the lord will turn out. I want to convert one, but never have the time or patience to order it from the catalogue.

Edzard
21-02-2007, 10:59
A few pictures of my WIP necron lord named Hampus.

Front view, he has a skull for a head!
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00141goed.jpg

Back view, I'm removing the spine, needs a little more greenstuff in between the shoulder pads though.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00142goed.jpg

Hmm, the back looks better IRL then on this picture, I hope when I get to painting him it will look all smooth like a corvette :)

John Vaughan
26-02-2007, 16:00
Why remove the spine? He looks kewl. I like it!

Edzard
27-02-2007, 09:32
Sorry for the lack of updates, a school project took alot of time.. but I am also to blame because I bought Crackdown for the xbox360!

I have removed the spine to bulk him out, and set him apart a little from normal warriors ;P I hope it turns out how I meant it. I will assemble some warriors today, maybe spray my 2 lords black too :)

John Vaughan
02-03-2007, 15:58
Another has fallen to to x-box craze! Nooo!!!

Edzard
02-03-2007, 21:12
Some fluff for my Necron army!

Army name: Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity T.H.R.U.S.H. (anybody know where I have stolen that name from? :D)

Army sommander: Bocephus (D-body dude)
Army second in command: Hampus (footslogger)

Army list:

Deceiver
Necron Lord (Bocephus or Hampus)
30 Necron warriors
6 Destroyers
3 Heavy Destroyers

My army represents the deceivers favourite plaything. It consists of the Necrontyr that where not willing to accept eternal life and the blessing of the metallic husk they now live in. Unlike many Necron slaves, these have not been totally brainwashed. So they can watch firsthand at the useless slaughter they inflict! The deceiver enjoys creating suffering on these poor souls, often putting them into harms way sacrificing them and afterwards rebuilding their bodies.(but not their minds)
The two army commanders where leading figures of a Necrontyr uprising against the C'tan before the enslavement.

In short: they fight for the deceivers amusement (muhaha!) He is part of the army to watch them get slaughtered (gives me a good excuse for when I lose games too) :D

John Vaughan
03-03-2007, 03:31
Do actually have the deceiver? :P

Edzard
03-03-2007, 10:50
Not yet, I also need 3 hvy destroyers and 1 normal destroyer for my army to be complete ;)

John Vaughan
03-03-2007, 21:55
Those are interesting (*ahem*) names for your leaders. IMHO, I think they need to have more cryptic names, such as The Plagued One, The Defiler, or Mr. Rusty-Buckets. On the other hand, necrons don't talk, thus they don't really have names.

knight of ne
03-03-2007, 22:34
i think mr rusty-bukets is very fitting for a metal skeleton.

knight of ne

John Vaughan
03-03-2007, 22:51
Comic relief helps to lift up such a grave army!

Edzard
04-03-2007, 10:39
My Name Is Bocephus

Artist or band: Hank Williams, Jr.

I just came in here to have some whiskey and beer and to say howdy to you all.
Now you all know me, this is Hank Williams, Jr. you see. Hat and shade beard and all.
Now I have heard, mmm hmm, I've gotten' the word,
About all these silly imposters running 'round.
Let me tell you something now they ain't real, they ain't got no scars,
They ain't got no feel. Why they don't know nothing about whiskey bent and hellbound.
Now I'm looking for a lover and I'm looking for some fun.
My name is Bocephus. I'm a son of a gun.

Some of us are born with it, some of us don't ever ever get it.
Thank God I'm a guitar man,
And its true I love the money
And its true I love all the honeys
But the thing I really love is to get down with the band.

Not everybody loves me but those that do will fight.
Right to the end they're guitar friends from legendary Saturday Nights.
I learned something from Lynyrd Skynyrd, from my Daddy and Ernest Tubb too.
I do country-rock. I do blues.
Now I'm looking for a lover and I'm going to have some fun.
Oh my name is Bocephus. 'ell, I'm a son of a gun.

Some of us are born with it.
Some of 'em don't ever, ever get it.
Thank God I'm a guitar man.
Oh its true I love the money
And I really, really love the honeys,
But the thing I really love is to get down with the band.

Oh boy. Ain't no rookies on this record.

I say my name is
B-O-C-E-P-H-U-S

OH YEAH!

;) Comic relief for ya?

I wont get to painting today, or well I will do alot of painting.. but not in the form of warhamsters. Gonna paint my new room, wich has enough space to fit.. *drumroffel* A WARGAMES TABLE :evilgrin:

John Vaughan
06-03-2007, 03:35
Do I spy a spin off of Chuck Norris?

Edzard
07-03-2007, 22:05
Little progress, Hampus the footslogging Necron lord. I was tempted to greenstuff a cowboy hat on him, but it would draw attention from the little converting I did on him.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00165nieuw.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00159nieuw.jpg

Gonna give him a black wash, then the shoulderpads will be painted green like the others :) The more I look at the green shoulderpads, the more I like em maybe I will do the entire army with green shoulderpads. Oh, I dunno :D

What do you guys think? To green or not to green, that is the question.

Edzard
07-03-2007, 23:46
I did the black wash, and did the shoulderpads green, highlighting is all that is left on this guy. :) good progress! I also experimented with some red on an ork I had lying around.
I will post pictures tomorrow, goodnight everybody!

Edzard
08-03-2007, 21:59
My Necron lord:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00168nieuw.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/DSC00170nieuw.jpg

Edzard
08-03-2007, 23:13
If youguys could help me with my list, I'd appreciate it :D

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66055 <-- army list

John Vaughan
10-03-2007, 21:32
There are so many ways to start a list. I always max out on wargear with my lord(s). They need to be able to take some punishment through the whole game. I use all my (28) necron warriors, which makes sure that there is no issue with phase out. I then usually take 4 destroyers. I think that's around 1000pts (dont have codex on hand). It has had a nice reputation as being the most irritating IG killing army ever. Or so says my brothers/friends.

Edzard
13-03-2007, 00:01
Well, there aren't many reactions to my list so I guess it is ok. No updates these past few days, moving into a new room :) (cleaning, painting, building closets etc) I am now almost settled in, got this little 'office' where I will be painting. So expect some updates soon, maybe tomorrow if I paint something :P

John Vaughan
16-03-2007, 02:09
Cool. I thought of the uber-surviving necron lord. Here is his layout:

Lord 100
Orb of Res. 40
Phase Shifter 30
Phylactery 15
Warscythe 10

Total 195

This is my favorite way to kit out my lord. Sometimes I give him a Staff instead of the scythe, and then I give him gaze of flame on top.

In other areas of my army, I like to give my scarabs disruption fields so that they can go tank hunting. I love to use wraiths too. They look sweet, fly freeking fast, and are tough to kill. S6 means a 2+ when wounding space marines! And at I6! The fastest necron alive. Gosh I love em...

Anyways, good luck with your room, you lucky duck. I wish I had a desk in my room, but I dont. :(

A tip on your lord: Paint the staff with some ornate colors (green, it fits the scheme, or gold, because it counters the silver). It is the signature weapon of the army, the only one different than the rest. Make them see it!

Edzard
18-03-2007, 12:57
I got the D-body lord painted boltgun metal now, deceiding about how to 'brighten up' the 2 lords. Tempted to go with more green :) Its a pretty strong lord you have there, nearly 200 points though. I guess giving him a res orb makes him work for the rest of the army too.

I have been busy my entire vacation with school, my room and paying bills :( Maybe I'll take a pic today on the (small) progress made.

John Vaughan
21-03-2007, 23:49
It is impossible (and foolish IMO) to take a necron lord that is less than 175pts. Brightening up the models can be done by painting the eyes green (bright green!) and highlighting the metals with brighter metal colors. Accentuate the model with other different colors as well.

Edzard
15-05-2007, 00:53
It has been a while since I'v posted, had no internet for a while, alot of real life stuff (aka: SCHOOL) an no real need to do much warhammerwise anyway, but I'm still working on my army :)

I'v painted my Destroyer Lord & Foot Lord, I'v converted 10 warriors into Flayed Ones (don't like the real flayed ones models that much) and everything else is assembled almost.I will see when I can take some photos and upload them to show you guys the progress, so stay tuned for another exciting episode season of Terminators!

Edzard
26-05-2007, 23:11
Almost forgot about this log.. almost! Slow but steady progress, camera phone picture.. can't find my mums real camera :p Its one of my 10 converted flayed ones, I'v painted 5 so far. Non-fleshy flayed ones with big choppa hands :D

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/Schavuit/Necron%20Army/IMG092.jpg

Soon I will buy a Deceiver and show you pictures of how I screw up that one with my paintjob ;)

Edzard
06-06-2007, 17:26
Hello again! Im having financial trouble again, alas such is the life of a student :( I have to buy a new bike (bicycle!) and 2 weeks I'm going to a music festival with my friends. So further purchases have been postponed, fear not though I still have a few things to paint!

This is the army as it stands now, painted but not based yet...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00364.jpg

and this is all I have at the moment

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00365.jpg

And here are a few pictures zoomed in on some small members of the family

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00371geknipt.jpg

I must say, I really like painting Scarab Swarms they are just so cute. Enjoy the pictures

The Laughing God
06-06-2007, 19:55
I really like painting Scarab Swarms they are just so cute

What scarabs can't be cute:confused: They're supposed to srap themselves on the enemy and blow up.:D

The army does look really good so far. I think you should get one more destroyer so you can have 2 squads of 3, so there is another unit type on the board.

I really like the flayed ones. Necrons have some intresting conversion when done right.

-The Laughing God-

Edzard
08-06-2007, 17:38
Thanks for the compliment, I'm like a robot except I don't run on fuel but on compliments :P Yes, I plan on getting 4 more Destroyers :) (and 6 hvy Destroyers and 1 C'tan)

Edzard
08-06-2007, 23:24
Thanks! I'm sure the money issues will only be temporary :)

The Laughing God
09-06-2007, 01:46
Are you getting some immortals in the future? They are awesome when they are getting veil-ed around with the Lord. They also are good at taking objectives.

I want to see how the C'tan is going to turn out.

-The Laughing God-

Edzard
09-06-2007, 11:16
Yeah, I would like some Immortals but I should get my Destroyer list finished.. (wich doesn't feature any Immortals) I want to try and paint a monolith too, looks like fun to paint! The Deceiver.. I have no idea of how to paint it :D

Also 1 Immortal costs 9 euro :wtf: Ah well I will be getting some in the future, but they are not on my 'need to buy asap' list ;)

The C'tan is my next purchase, for sure!

IheartTau
10-06-2007, 10:47
What C'Tan are you getting? I assume the NightBringer.
And damn those models are nice, i've been inot warhammer for a few years and my models dun look anything like that -_-.

Edzard
10-06-2007, 12:17
Actually, I'm getting the Deceiver :D Well Necrons are nice and easy to paint (it gets a little boring.. painting a metalcoloured warrior after another ;)) What really helps me to paint is seeing all these other armies posted on the website. People reveal their paint and model tricks :) And what stimulates too is seeing these reactions in the armylog :D

Edzard
12-06-2007, 22:36
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Motivational%20Posters/motivator3902020.jpg

A little something I made that you guys may like ;)

titan136
13-06-2007, 06:36
Oh come now thats not true. Granted a silver basecoat over a black primer and some black ink will get you good results but as soon as you start adding in color it gets harder and more highlighting on the silver is also a chore. if you wanna get fancing you can do green OSL from the gauss weaponry. I've seen a whole army of NMM necrons.

cool flayed ones by the way, wat are those, orc choppas?

bram kuijpers
13-06-2007, 07:57
ha that picture is neat like it and the necrons to

Edzard
13-06-2007, 10:00
Sharp eye Titan, yep those are all Ork choppas ;) I have 10 of those guys (alot of spare choppas :P)

Glad you like them Bram!

G.Hawke
13-06-2007, 11:26
Lookin good dude, keep it up

Hawke[dice0]

Edzard
19-06-2007, 14:56
Thanks G. Hawke :)

Small update now: I'v bought a Deceiver today gonna assemble it in a few minutes. Paint it maybe tonight or tomorrow :) expect pictures when painted!

Edzard
21-06-2007, 11:13
Here he is

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00373.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00376.jpg

It was a strugle to get here, server too busy all the time. I don't really like the painting I did on it that much. What can I do to make him stand out a bit more?

Edzard
22-06-2007, 17:54
Hmm, no replies :( But a small update! I'v bought a new bag to transport the army in, I'm now tearing and ripping to fit all my Necrons in. A picture of the 'tomb bag' ;)

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/IMG116.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/IMG117.jpg

jasevx
22-06-2007, 18:25
I'm having the same problem, all my carry cases are infantry based, si my Armoured Company is in shoe boxes at the mo!

Edzard
29-06-2007, 14:04
Small update, no pictures.

I have painted every Necron I have, my next purchases will be more Destroyers/Hvy Destroyers. (don't forget to check out the Deceiver on the previous page!!)
Can be a while before I buy something more though, alas such is the life of a poor student. I'm done with school for this year, I will see if I can find a nice job somewhere :)

Edzard
12-07-2007, 18:33
I bought 4 more Destroyers and my first Heavy Destroyer yesterday, so I have more to paint. I will mount them on flying bases with magnets, that will be pretty cool to do I think :) Also I think I will use this as basing for all my Necrons, crappy phone picture though :(
It is sand & stones painted black and then a big fat drybrush of Codex Grey, and a nice little crystal. I tried it out on an ork, because I didn't want to ruin a Necron :p It is a classic basing method I guess, but everything about my Necron army has been done before.. 'cept maybe the Silver Surfer Deceiver (of wich im kinda proud now, hehe!)

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/IMG126geknipt.jpg

The Laughing God
12-07-2007, 20:05
Looking forward to seeing the new stuff painted!

-The Laughing God-

KaosDroid!
12-07-2007, 20:13
Seems like a totally shooty army. thats my kinda army! i would trade a unit of warriors for some immortals, and a unit of destroyers for some heavy destroyers. oh and get a monolith, they'll absorb most of the incoming fire, plus they just kick @$$ !!

The Laughing God
13-07-2007, 15:31
I agree with KaosDroid! Get a monolith, no necron army is complete without one. Even if you don't plan on using it in games. ;)

-The Laughing God-

Edzard
13-07-2007, 17:15
A Monolith.. I will get one eventually I guess :p Here is a list of what I am buying, getting, painting and assembling. Red is what I do not have yet Blue is what I am painting/assembling and green is finished except for basing..

1500pt list
Deceiver
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
2 Heavy Destroyers
2 Heavy Destroyers
2 Heavy Destroyers

Extra stuff
10 Flayed Ones
10 Scarab Swarms
1 Destroyer Lord
1 Foot lord
Monolith

Hihi, its fun to have colours in posts :D Anyways, thanks for replying it is nice to know somebody actually checks out my jibbajabba :p

Edzard
24-07-2007, 20:46
Painted a few more Destroyers and I'm testing bases on some orks. Here a picture of the army as it stands today: http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/IMG132.jpg

I had a battle against Orks today, 750 points.

I fielded:
Lord (Orb, Veil)
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
5 Scarab Swarms
5 Scarab Swarms
3 Destroyers

He fielded:
Warboss (Choppa, Powerklaw)
16 Boyz (1 Nob with Choppa & Powerklaw)
16 Boyz (1 Nob with Choppa & Powerklaw)
1 Dreadnaught (2 Rokkit Launchas)
5 Warbikes (1 Nob with choppa & Powerklaw)

We played Cleanse I think it was, but we agreed to just 'duke it out' instead :P. My shooting was very effective, also the scarabs provided a nice buffer wich allowed me to take out one of his mobs with alot (ALL!!) of my fire. A fun match, alot of laughs. After this game he played another game against Nids and beat them in a true Orky fashion!! (Awesome to watch, some good laughs there too, especially when a big bad Carnifex charged one of his mobs and did 0 wounds then got pummeled by the warboss next turn:D)
I'm feeling that I am learning how to play Necrons, the first few games I played I lost but those where low point games (not really the Necron Forte) Last week I played my biggest battle yet, 1000 points against the always vigilant space cadets. Bad rolling on my opponents side and him terribly underestimating the Deceiver won me the game with only 2 Destroyers dead.

Anyways, I only need to buy 4 Hvy Destroyers (at 17.50 each :eyebrows:) Then I have the 1500 I'm aiming at. I also notice playing games really stimulates into painting more and generally doing more for the hobby at home. I bought a new jar of Boltgun metal so I can paint the 2 Hvy and 1 normal Destroyers I have left unpainted.

Mortare
24-07-2007, 21:18
Really like what you have done so far, really nice idea for with the choppas, looks very effective. Like the silver surfer effort with deceiver, extra points if you get round to converting up a surfboard for him! Also, have you looked into ebay or other sources for cheaper minis, there are some good savings to be made for those modelling on a budget

Edzard
26-07-2007, 17:04
Thanks for the compliment :) I will get him a surfboard, don't worry! I bought 3 of my Destroyers 2nd hand, but being in the Netherlands (and not owning a credit card/paypall or anything of that kind) Ebay is kinda hard. The Dutch ebay (marktplaats.nl) has nearly no Necron stuff and also on Dutch fora nobody is selling Necrons. If I would buy from abroad it would cost postage cost and I would have to buy motor oil again also it could prove alot of work (shoddy assembly etc is what I'm afraid of)

Well I will manage, I have been working on a little something on the side.. Orks!
Guy I did yesterday:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00409.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00406.jpg
And here is he with a few other orks painted way earlier (notice the basing, that will be the kind given to my Necron army too)
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00410.jpg

Turanos
26-07-2007, 19:10
The Orks look nice! I considered collecting Orks but didn't think I had the painting skill for it.

EclypseDesigns
27-07-2007, 12:01
The Orks look nice! I considered collecting Orks but didn't think I had the painting skill for it.

WHAT !!?? orks are one of the easiest armies to paint. They look great and are very forgiving on mistakes as thats 'just orky'.

Turanos
27-07-2007, 16:58
WHAT !!?? orks are one of the easiest armies to paint. They look great and are very forgiving on mistakes as thats 'just orky'.

Really? I always saw all the little added on bits and the multiple different surface types and such and assumed it would be difficult to do well.

I suppose Orks are meant to look like a mish-mashed rabble though, so perhaps not.

Edzard
27-07-2007, 18:58
From my experience (wich is limited) Orks are not easy to paint, so many details.. you can make it as hard as you want.

Necrons rank easiest, marines are also way easier then Orks (anything in a full armour rank & file outfit is easier then Orks imo)

I'm painting an Ork kommando, good fun on that :)

Edzard
13-08-2007, 00:01
Hello again guys!

The army is still growing (be it slowly!) I have had alot of distractions, vacation takes more time then it leaves you with it seems! Anyways, I have 2 assembled but unpainted Heavy Destroyers left to do. Also I have to model a surf board on the deceivers base, any ideas for that?

On the to buy list: 4 Hvy Destroyers, Magnets (for fitting the Destroyers to their bases)

A week ago I played a game against a guy from the UK (a World of Warcraft friend from a friend of mine who came to the Netherlands) He played Tau, I had never faced Tau before with my Necrons. My friend warned me that he was very good, he was 'champion of his county' back in the UK. I asked what kind of mission he would like to play.. could have seen that one coming :rolleyes: "just kill each other" He used the old Tau codex.
We played 1000 points, he had 1050 points and I was supposed to have 1030 (but came out at 980 points because I didn't use 1 Destroyer)
My army was:

Lord (Orb Veil)
20 Warriors
9 Destroyers (of wich I forgot to get one from my bag :D)
Scarabs (I don't remember if I had all 10 of those, or less to fit in the points)

His army had 2 squads of firewarriors, 4 heavygun suits, 4 or 6 mediumgun suits and 1 leadersuit.

He put all his forces in a line, I put my Scarabs on a flank and my Destroyers and Warriors in the middle. A lot of horrible rolls on both our parts, some super saves, some silly deaths later.. the game ended with me having 3 Destroyers, 8 Warriors and a Lord left. He had an army worth a few more points then mine left on the table when we were done. (I believe it was a draw, because I don't think there was a 100 point difference at the end, though he only needed 1 or 2 kills forcing me to phase out :P)

His firepower was impressive, he shot the entire game and only moved maybe 3 units in the entire game (apart from a few suits wich moved, shot and moved back), while my entire army was moving every turn.
I'm quite certain he would have been beaten solidly if we played a mission of any sort that required him to move his army.

I learned that against 2+ saves Destroyers do not cut it, even 3+ sv 2 wound characters are a pain to deal with! I think I also lost my fear of veiling, twice it landed right were I wanted it to :D Next time I meet Tau in a game like this I would probably shoot his firewarriors first and I will not underestimate those suits, they are just deadhard if you don't have AP weapons to deal with them.

It was the most intense and tactical game I played thus far in my warhammer career, and it was alot of fun. My opponent knew almost all the rules by heart, wich made dice rolling faster and there was A LOT of dice rolling! He admitted that he would have lost if a mission would force him to move his army, we had some kebab afterwards and helped some of the other guys with a few games. Later we tried to play a 3v1 game (1500pt of Tau vs 500Necron/Ork/Nids) but we had to stop after the first turn, because the store was closing. All in all fun filled afternoon :)

Edzard
21-08-2007, 15:56
Crappy phone camera pictures!

Played a game against my friends nids, fun game. I won easy, victorious slaughter is putting it mildly :D

My warriors in some terrain, hiding!
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/IMG155.jpg

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
29-08-2007, 20:38
I love your army so far! The flayed ones and deceiver especially, great conversions and fluff idea :) its inspired me to get off my ass and finish my own crons !

Edzard
29-08-2007, 22:22
Hey mate :) (C'tan wordkiller from CSG right?) I'm glad you are painting your Necrons :P

Here are the bases I'm doing

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00548.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00545.jpg

The Laughing God
30-08-2007, 01:59
Is the scarab swarm still wip? If not you should paint the eyes.

I also wanted to know what gave you the idea of giving the skull mask, plate thing on the Lord?

The army is growing though, I like seeing the group photos and seeing more metal each time. ;)

-The Laughing God-

Edzard
30-08-2007, 09:36
The scarabs are kinda finished, maybe when everything is based I'll go and paint eyes on everything.. thanks for pointing it out :)

The lord with the skeleton mask.. well I didn't want to give him a normal Necron Warrior head, so I searched my bits box.
With this head he reminds me of Skeletor :D

Edzard
31-08-2007, 19:27
I have a tournament the 6th of October and the 7th another tourney :D

The first tournament is 1500pts and I'm trying to get a nice list that is not too hard. (its a friendly game, hehe I hope!) Special Characters are not allowed, as usual in Dutch tourneys.

Here is what I came up with:

HQ

Lord (Destroyer Body, Resurrection Orb, Phase Shifter, War scythe)
Lord (Resurrection Orb, Veil of Darkness)

TROOP

10 Warriors
10 Warriors

ELITES

5 Flayed Ones

FAST ATTACK

3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers

HEAVY SUPPORT

Heavy Destroyer
Heavy Destroyer
Heavy Destroyer

Lots of Destroyers, and 2 Lords. 1 with the Destroyers (he can also charge the rear of a tank or something similairly annoying)
1 with the warriors (just keeping enough alive to not let me phase out) The Flayed Ones are just in there to fill the last points.

All I need to buy to get this army together is 1 more Heavy Destroyer, so thats not too bad :p What do you all think?

Turanos
31-08-2007, 22:04
Since you seem to be going for a very heavy shooting army, did you consider using Immortals rather than Flayed Ones?

Edzard
01-09-2007, 01:00
Well, I do not have any immortals + for 90 points you cannot get many immortals anyways ;) (I currently do not own any Immortal models)

I like destroyers, and they have the same task as immortals. Anyways you think it would be an OK list for a friendly tourney? :)

Turanos
01-09-2007, 01:26
I'm very new, and have only played two matches, so I can't give much advice, but it seems like a very mobile and powerful shooting force.

I'm still slightly skeptical about the Flayed Ones, as I've not heard many good things about them, but having never used them myself, I can't really condemn them.

The Laughing God
01-09-2007, 02:11
The list does seem good, and I think the flayed ones are fine. Deepstrike them and get them into combat into units such as devestators, so tie em up for a few turns and maybe kill them too.

As for immortals you could always convert them. A normal box of warriors and a weapon converson, just get two guns and put them together some how. I have seen it before and when done right looks pretty good.

Tell us how you do at the tourament. The only thing is phase out but as long as you keep the warriors safe you should be fine.;)

-The Laughing God-

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
01-09-2007, 06:30
Hey mate :) (C'tan wordkiller from CSG right?) I'm glad you are painting your Necrons :P

yeah, this thread inspired me to get off my **** and paint stuff again...needed a boost, so thanks to that! ill update my thread sometime this saturday :)

hope to see more stoof from you soon too

wikear
06-09-2007, 19:38
nice necrons mate...

orks :D hehe got u hooked eh? :D

I see u liked my waagh :D

Edzard
06-09-2007, 20:25
Actually, yes :P

Check out my newest WIP (already spammed on the inet, but now here)
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00598.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00599.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00603.jpg

On the Necron front, not much happening. I ordered some small magnets so I can actually base my Destroyers (and change weapons from Hvy to Normal) I have based every other mini :)

jasevx
06-09-2007, 20:32
Good shading on the green, relly gives the model life.

Turanos
06-09-2007, 21:12
I like that! I love the look of Orks, though it's intimidating. I've been thinking about getting an Ork army once the new Codex comes, but I'm worried about not being good enough to paint them.

wikear
06-09-2007, 21:19
They are orks... they look like pile of green meat anyway :-P

Edzard
13-09-2007, 22:15
I bought 10 Immortals :D

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/IMG159.jpg

Turanos
13-09-2007, 22:28
Man, I hate assembling those things. I hope you have more luck with them than I did.

Edzard
13-09-2007, 22:35
Hmm, going quite well actually :D

The arms are quite bendable, making it possible to get a pretty good fit (with some super glue, its ok) I didn't pin any of them. Of course I haven't put on the barrel-end-thingie, and I haven't put in the green rods either :P

I noticed 1 of them has a gun missing a little metal, I will probably just greenstuff that :)

I'm gonna get them all ready for the 29th, when I have a little tourney. 1500pts list will be:

Lord (Orb Veil)
10 Immortals
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
1 Heavy Destroyer
1 Heavy Destroyer
1 Heavy Destroyer
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers

wikear
14-09-2007, 09:40
wow... nice

I like to have few boxes unopened on my table :D It looks ... hmm... like I'm rich and can afford to buy loads of new stuff not on ebay :D hehehehe

GL on your tournament

Edzard
16-09-2007, 22:58
Assembled all Immortals, based them, sprayed them black and painted all (but 1, which I will do in a few minutes) boltgun metal.
All that remains is an ink wash, shoulder pads and painting the base. :)

hallowed_are_the_ori
17-09-2007, 02:23
Nice work Edzard. If you want to see more updates on my Necrons, ill have some up sometime in the near future on my IG/40k/ sci fi log.

Edzard
25-09-2007, 15:53
No great deal of updates in a while, but I have some now. Remember I bought 10 Immortals? Well those are done now!

Here is an army pic of how it stands on this rainy and cloudy day:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00628.jpg

Closeup of the Deceiver (everybody calls him the 'silver surfer):

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00626.jpg

Closeup of the Immortals:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Edzard1986/Warhammer/DSC00634.jpg

On a little more serious note I have some news, school is really asking alot of my attention so I have less time to work and play. Also today some bad news from South Africa, my grandmother had an accident. I don't know what happened or how, but if the worst should happen me and my family will be going to South Africa within a week to attend the funeral :(

Turanos
25-09-2007, 16:13
The army looks excellent, and the Deceiver is rather reminiscent of the silver surfer.

Good job, and I hope it goes well with your grandmother.

Edzard
30-09-2007, 10:03
The tournament yesterday went pretty good, 4th place (or 3rd, because there was a shared 2nd place, dunno)

Major Victory (If it wasn't an Alfa level mission it would probably been a massacre too)
Massacre Lost (Phase out!)
Massacre Victory

Funny thing, there where only 2 Massacre results in the entire tournament :p Also, only my Necrons and a guys Eldar where the only non marine armies :eyebrows: Anyways it was great fun to play with people not from around where I live :) I learned alot!

Superduperownage-unit: Lone Heavy Destroyers, being only a single target nobody wasted shooting on them!

Next tourney is on the 12th of December, I hope it will not be as much Space Marine dominated :p