PDA

View Full Version : Rhinox based ogres

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
22-01-2007, 22:08
SO i recently found the rules for rhinox rider and Their special character on the GW site and i thought how fun of an army they might make. So I came up with this...
Lord
Ghark Ironskin-(special character)

Core
2 leadbelchers
2 leadbelchers
2 leadbelchers

Special
3 Rhinox riders- Full command, iron fists, heavy armor
3 Rhinox riders- Full command, iron fists, heavy armor
1 Thunder Lord- Bull rhinox, ironfist, heavy armor
1 Thunder Lord- Bull rhinox, ironfist, heavy armor

Ghark lets you take lead belchers as core.
He himself is US 8 with a combined 10 wounds between him and his ride. They also have 5 attacks at S5 and 5 at s6. Initiatives 3 and 2 respectivly.He causes terror and is a large target in addition to being subject to all the rules for Rhinox riders.
The riders themselves are super heavy cavalry with US 4 each for the regular rhinox and 6 for the bulls.
The only thing im worried about is that they have to take a whole turn to reform if they want to so...

In your opinions(which I greatly respect) how do you think this army would fare?
Love and respect for all my brothers
-Dasqueek

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
23-01-2007, 22:48
Bump???
Anyone...?

gORCUS
23-01-2007, 23:38
It's me again. Is that exactly 2000 point or what? I'd like to see all the point values then I could maybe give you some advice (if I haven't given it all in the other post:D). Otherwise you have a pretty good idea what I think.

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
23-01-2007, 23:55
ok this is what i remember off the top of my head:
Gharak- 485

unit of 3 rhinox riders- standard bearer, musician, rune maw, heavy armor, ironfists- 384+ rune maw(cant remember)
unit of 3 Rhinox riders- standard bearer, musician, warbanner, heavy armor, ironfists- 409
1 rhinox rider- bull rhinox, heavy armor, ironfist- 161
1 rhinox rider- bull rhinox, heavy armor, ironfist- 161

2 leadbelchers-bellower- 120

thats 1960 so far

gORCUS
24-01-2007, 00:11
The rune maw is 20pts. Looks like you got everything worked out pretty well. It looks like you'll have about 20pts left so I guess all you'd be able to do is upgrade a belcher to a thunderfist to use them up. I think you've come up with the list with the smallest number of models possible in warhammer. And oddly enough over on the Stronghold someone is building the exact opposite with another OK variant list, a 1001 gnoblar (and one giant) horde. I think you guys should get together and play a game when both armies are finished and do a big official style battle report. It'd be great!

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
24-01-2007, 00:25
that would be incredible!!!
I would terror his butt right off the table i think and Ghark would have an epic battle with the giant. I think panic would do all the work.

Do you think i should drop one of the belcher units for butcherer with some scrolls or maybe a unit of trappers and upgrade the loners to thunderlords?