PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer boxes, cheap?

DaBrode
23-01-2007, 03:25
Somebody posted a great site to buy all warhammer models at close to 20% off. I think the site had War in the name. Unfortunately I can't find info or the post it was in.

Can anyone help me out?

TKitch
23-01-2007, 03:54
Warstore

Neal, I believe is the guy in charge!

Move Fast Hit Low
23-01-2007, 04:22
www.chaosorc.com and www.bwbits.com both offer 25% off but I have gotten a 50% discount on some of chaos orcs products

DaBrode
23-01-2007, 06:36
That rocks. Thanks guys!

Terminator
26-01-2007, 08:46
www.scifigenre.com has 10% off everything!

Permanganate
26-01-2007, 18:54
www.scifigenre.com has 10% off everything!

10% off is unremarkable, especially in the US. Post 20%+ in some other country, who are reliable with good customer service and cheap postage, and people might be more impressed.

4Tk.co.uk seems fairly good in the UK. They also sell unboxed stuff, apparently by pulling apart Battleforces.

Orcboy_Phil
26-01-2007, 19:32
Any similer sites for the UK 4TK only dose 40K stuff.

raged_norm
26-01-2007, 23:26
Try here (http://www.miniaturesbypost.com/) for the UK, I ordered a box at about 2.30pm and had it by the next morning, probably a freak happening but can't beat the speedy postage

andy demoe
26-01-2007, 23:29
in canada try great canadian miniatures 30% all 40k and whf

Almost_Famous
27-01-2007, 02:48
Holy gods! 30% off you say??
and here I was thinking about ordering from the warstore!!

Thanks!!

FatCat
28-01-2007, 15:22
Great Canadian claims 30% but it appears to be more like 25%. Maybe something with the US exchange rate or maybe GW stuff is more in Canada.

DeerHeart
28-01-2007, 16:28
I have had no luck with online discount GW retailers :( In my experience they seem to list things on their websites for sale that they don't actually have. I've had trouble with both the Warstore and The World of Hobbies... Heck I've gotten ripped a few times on Ebay too.
The Warstore took almost a week to let me know they didn't have what I ordered, and could not get it. Worse still The World of Hobbies did not contact me or ship my order, and when I contacted them I got the run-around and was told they would contact me about my order... that was three months ago... One of the things I ordered was supposed to be a Christmas gift. :mad:
So if any of you could post a store that you have found truly dependable that offers at least 20% discount on Warhammer Fantasy in the U.S. I would greatly appreciate it. Especially since I live in a very rural area and the closest game stores are 40-50 miles away... There used to be a GW shop around 25 miles away, but they shut it down :(
Thanks for any input and happy gaming!

OuberNoob
28-01-2007, 17:49
Thanks for the tips of the sites should come in handy for me empire.

Move Fast Hit Low
28-01-2007, 22:01
i bought over $200 worth of stuff from chaos orc and all items arrived in 3 postal days

TheWarSmith
29-01-2007, 23:33
www.thewarstore.com is what i believe you heard of.

It's a straight 20% off with only $4 shipping usually. There's not "shopping basket", so all orders have to be placed via phone/email, but he(Neal) has AWESOME customer service.

Crazy Harborc
29-01-2007, 23:55

It's a straight 20% off with only $4 shipping usually. There's not "shopping basket", so all orders have to be placed via phone/email, but he(Neal) has AWESOME customer service.

AND very hard working employees. Heck, his sister keeps Neal working hard:D

I realize there are (for the next little while again) USA on-line sellers of GW's stuff. The couple I checked out (that had links in posts)
had photos that showed (mostly blisters in old blister art blisters). They do charge a bit more for shipping;) not a flat fee:eek: .

Shimmergloom
30-01-2007, 00:11

This place really is good.

I ordered a reaper mini there once and was sent the wrong one. I called and they not only sent me the correct mini, but I was able to keep the wrong one as a bonus.

Alathir
30-01-2007, 00:41

Does this store ship internationally? To Australia, to be exact.

TheWarSmith
30-01-2007, 00:44
I believe so. It costs a bit more for INT'L shipment, but it's worth it probably.

jahorin
30-01-2007, 00:53
Great Canadian claims 30% but it appears to be more like 25%. Maybe something with the US exchange rate or maybe GW stuff is more in Canada.

the problem is that with exchange rate and the chance of your order getting hold at custom, gc-mini is better.

Hellebore
30-01-2007, 03:04
How the HELL did the Warstore get Forgeworld items to sell?!!

FW doesn't sell through shopfronts...

Hellebore

mattjgilbert
31-01-2007, 20:41
We asked about a trade account with FW and the answer was they don't do them.

Still we have one with GW :D Check my sig.

We don't carry stock (well much anyway, only over stock from peoples orders) and order direct from GW when we know what people want. We are UK based so shipping abroad will cut into the discount.

TheWarSmith
31-01-2007, 21:53
That's one area that you have to look out(regarding the FW).

If you look at the prices, his FW stuff is HIGHER priced than if you bought it retail. The $92 IA1(most recent version) is selling for $120 from thewarstore. They're all marked up quite a bit, but i guess you're paying for convenience, as FW shipments can often be a pain in the ass.

cybertron2000uk
31-01-2007, 22:39
http://www.miniaturesbypost.com/

wow....great prices....I dont know why I bother to buy from GW shops...lol
I liked to be ripped off? lol

Eldar prices are really good....will buy from em next time...
best prices Ive seen for a Long time!!

BodhiTree
31-01-2007, 22:54
Last time I did the math on GC minis I calculated that there was realistically only 13% off. But since they moved from Ontario to BC (I think that's where they moved to) I'm sure the discount went up a bit for Ontarians because now we're exempt from one of the taxes.

Crazy Harborc
31-01-2007, 23:36
So far, my state (Missouri) doesn't charge sales taxes on internet transactions. Taxes (around here/my side of the pond) are not as high as the shipping charged by most mailorder/online dealers. Warstore charges a flat fee.;)

By the by, normally a suggeted retail price/list price/full price (you get the idea) INCLUDES the cost of having the stuff shipped to the selling location. Sooo... when we pay full price to a manufacturer (such as GW) AND then they charge us shipping ON TOP of list prices....isn't that paying twice for shipping!!??:wtf:

sheck2
01-02-2007, 00:19
I've had trouble with both the Warstore

Hummm...I ordered from them twice now with no issues and it got to me in ~3 days. Of course, I am in the same state as the store.

athamas
01-02-2007, 01:38
yeah, ordered from thewarstore to canada, i managed to get 3 BFSP box's delivered to me for the price of 2 in england,

and that was including, shipping [$30us] and tax's [sumed to $30cnd] and all in all spent about 80,

only problem i had with shipping was the change of tracking number resulting in me loosing my parcell for a few days [went home so turned into weeks but all was good]

Crazy Harborc
01-02-2007, 01:47
Just a few years ago, one of the price hikes was excused by GW telling us that GW needed to equalize or bring into line their prices around the world.. To my knowledge nobody posted about price decreases, on what was then called portent.

TheWarSmith
01-02-2007, 01:50
www.gc-minis.com(based in Canada) used to be GREAT for Americans. It was 30% off Canadian prices, and with really good exchange rates for us, it was between 25-35% off. Only problem was there was a flat fee for shipping, then 3% of order, so it wasn't worth doing on small orders.

Recently, GC minis isn't nearly worth it for Americans, because the American dollar sucks big floppy donky ____

Mythrider
01-02-2007, 01:52
@BodhiTree - How do you figure the GC Minis discount is only 13%? I`m not being critical I just want to know if I`m missing something before I order from them.

From their site I would save 30% off list price plus the 8% PST here in Ontario. I realize that I have to add the $10 + 3% for shipping but that simply means to order in bulk.

Working it out for a Space Marine Dreadnought (which I need 3 more of for my new army) I would only save 16% if I bought 1 but buying 3 at once I save about 27%. GC-Minis would be about $137 and GW retail about $188.

jimmysnz
01-02-2007, 01:55
If you are in Australia try www.scrapdragon.com.au - I get all my gear from there now, and living on the Gold Coast I can pick it up so no shipping costs!

BodhiTree
01-02-2007, 02:04
@BodhiTree - How do you figure the GC Minis discount is only 13%? I`m not being critical I just want to know if I`m missing something before I order from them.

From their site I would save 30% off list price plus the 8% PST here in Ontario. I realize that I have to add the $10 + 3% for shipping but that simply means to order in bulk.

Working it out for a Space Marine Dreadnought (which I need 3 more of for my new army) I would only save 16% if I bought 1 but buying 3 at once I save about 27%. GC-Minis would be about $137 and GW retail about $188. Math is by no means my strength, so I don't mind being wrong at all. ;) But anyway, as far as I understand their policies (http://www.gc-minis.com/msg4.htm) back when they were based in Ontario I still would have had to pay 8% PST, 6% GST, and then where I'm probably completely off is the 3% of the total purchase before taxes thing they're talking about, so it was probably not 13%. But now that they're based in BC, I don't need to pay the 8% PST. Oh yeah, add in the 10$ shipping fee on top of all that - it's just really messy math, but to my understanding the discount isn't close to the 30% advertised.

If I am completely wrong though, I won't be offended if you correct me.

Almost_Famous
01-02-2007, 03:34

Indeed, GW stuff actually seems to cost more in canada... I've noticed a large number of products that come out cheaper from the US online store after doing a currency conversion.

I'll have to check out the Can. Online Store prices vs. great canadian

Briohmar
01-02-2007, 13:34
Indeed, GW stuff actually seems to cost more in canada... I've noticed a large number of products that come out cheaper from the US online store after doing a currency conversion.

I'll have to check out the Can. Online Store prices vs. great canadian

Imagine how I feel right now, the Belgies charge 21% Value added tax on everything. Its cheaper for me to buy mail order and pay shipping charges than to buy it at the store downtown.

mattjgilbert
01-02-2007, 13:42
So if the warstore stuff is more expensive...and FW don't do trade accounts does that mean they are paying retail costs and then making a profit on top???

Almost_Famous
02-02-2007, 02:59
So if the warstore stuff is more expensive...and FW don't do trade accounts does that mean they are paying retail costs and then making a profit on top???

So it would seem.