PDA

View Full Version : Forest units with Bretonnia-list?

Vattendroppe
23-01-2007, 07:37
The idea in short is to convert kentaur-dryads as an army and use the Bretonnia army list. It would follow WYSIWYG as far as the "Knights" to have wooden lances, Grail knights to have wooden handwpns and so on (no armour, hard wood). I have ideas to make upp fluff for the army to work with the Bretonnia rules and with the units I plan to use. It would make a so cool army!

The question is; would people hate me beqause I don't use the WE armylist for an army made of trees or would they think it was a fun idea considering i wanted an army of cavallry and then used official rules but changed the fluff to work with it? In short, is it a good or a bad idea?

Mephistofeles
23-01-2007, 16:26
I think it's a cool idea, only that you have to come up with a VERY good reason why they don't have ward save, cause fear or all the other things that Dryads do...
In other words: They can't be dryads, but I guess you have thought of that already.

Side Note: Why would the grail knights have wooden hand weapons, they have lances too?

Vattendroppe
23-01-2007, 16:32
About the Grailknights, my bad! Lack of mind for a minute i think.

The Wardsave ist easily fixed; they just pray (yes, I would always pray, even if I would get better off not doing it). But no, they wouldn't be dryads (since dryads obviousley don't have horse-bodies either), just something that looks pretty close and is a bit harder.