PDA

View Full Version : 2 Treemen

northwoodDreamer
23-01-2007, 15:55
I have seen a lot of complaining about how good WE are on the boards as of late. This upsets me, because I am building a WE army and simply love them and their mass amounts of special rules. I had a couple mock battles with friends using the book and their list seems very competitive, I went 2-1 but neither of my victories were that strong, and every game involved a lot of thinking. So I don't see how WE are broken. This being said, my latest army (2000 pts) includes 2 Treemen. Before I get to buying, I am wondering if there are a lot of people that think this is unfair. The reason I chose to do it is so that they can support one another, as the only other moderately tough units I field are two units of 8 Dryads, so the Treemen will likely be targeted by the enemies most powerful stuff. So anyways, who here thinks fielding 2 Treemen is WAAC, cheesy, or woody? Who thinks it isn't? And why?

Reinnon
23-01-2007, 17:22
the 2 treeman list is very strong, but imo just because an army is powerful doesn't make it cheesy.

this is the list that i'm running in my practice games, its competitive but no one has yet described it as "cheesy"

Lords

Revered Quercus of the Oak (Treeman Ancient): Annoyance of Netlings, Cluster of Radiant
Total: 375

Heroes
Shal of Kel-Isha (Spellsinger): Level 2, 1 dispel scroll, Calingor’s Stave
Total: 170

Rasha of Kel-Isha (Spellsinger): Level 1, 2 dispel scrolls
Total: 135

Core

Followers of the Lakoy (10 Glade Guard)
Total: 120

Followers of the Lakoy (10 Glade Guard)
Total: 120

Quercus’ Handmaidens (8 Dryads)
Total: 96

Special

Troupe of the Caidath (8 Wardancers): musician
Total: 151

Troupe of the Caidath (8 Wardancers): musician
Total: 151

Hunt of the Auryaur (6 Wild Riders): Standard With Warbanner
Total: 199

Rare

Rhydannis of the Oak (Treeman)
Total: 285

so far i've won 4 games, lost 1 and drew 2.

Xavier
23-01-2007, 17:26
I am complete agreement with Reinnon, just because its a powerful list doesn't means its broken. There are plenty of armies that do bad things to an army centred around treemen.

I actually run a very similar list to Reinnon, though with a battle standard and glade riders instead of glade guard. That being said, I haven't lost with it, nor wood elves in recent memory, but that speaks more of the quality of warhammer players in my area than any great strength of either me or the wood elf army in general.

mightygnoblar
23-01-2007, 18:32
I personally see nothing wrong with two treemen, their expensive and slow and so defenitely have their drawbacks, however as said they are very strong which is enough to get a lot of people complaining, it really depends what you put in the rest of your army, if your're fielding drycha id say its was more characterful than anything

northwoodDreamer
23-01-2007, 19:23
Here is the list I am considering fielding:

http://http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66036 (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66036)

I wouldn't say it is cheesy, but I just want to make sure. I don't like being the powergamer.