PDA

View Full Version : DE plastic

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
23-01-2007, 17:35
Sorry for starting this thread again but it was closed in the rumours section.

Is there any chance that they will start making some more plastic dark elf models any time in the next century.
We only have one plastic set!
I'm 13 years old and i can't afford to be clearing out my building society to buy a descent unit of cold one riders.
I think GW should be rewarding my 6+ years of custom instead of sucking even more dosh out of me.
Please post if you have an answer or you agree with me.
Thanks for all the replies so far.

LuciusVonCarstein
23-01-2007, 17:41
god knows if theyll get them any time soon as its probably going high elves - vampire counts. Then maybe dark elfs. But i agree they should stop pushing the prices up and also bring out more plastics.

They can always have both. Plastic for the people who want a cheap army to just game with, and metal for the ones who have more money and want a detailed army of models

Gimp
23-01-2007, 17:43
I feel your pain dude.

Even though Dark Elf armies tend to be small it took me almost 4 years to finish my army.

The 12 Dark Riders killed me as did the 15 Corsiars and 15 Executioners.

It sucks long time. I have just started an Orcs and Goblins army and I alomost 1/3 the way through it because most of it is plastic.

Paulus
23-01-2007, 17:48

Is there any chance that they will start making some more plastic dark elf models any time in the next century.
We only have one plastic set!
I'm 13 years old and i can't afford to be clearing out my building society to buy a descent unit of cold one riders.
I think GW should be rewarding my 6+ years of custom instead of sucking even more dosh out of me.

IF you are lucky then you MAY get some in the Summer campaign but no rumours have occured of anything for Dark Elves so I would be surprised if they were to get more than a hero model (for the campaing).

6 + years & your 13, you started VERY early didn't you!?!?

sigur
23-01-2007, 18:03

I really can't see why.:angel:

...:eyebrows:

You know that there will be new DE plastic sets after the release of the new DE army book at the latest. So why do you need to open a thread about it? Write a letter to GW, complaining about the state of your army but fishing for people agreeing that something is not okay just doesn't help anything at all.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
23-01-2007, 18:09
I did start early
but obviously I couldn't appreciate it, and my knowledge of rules wasn't great back then. Oh god and you should have seen the quality of painting on my Empire spearmen!:cries:

But do plastics really have to be less detailed? I dont really see why.
Someone suggested about using WE glade riders as dark riders and other stuff from the glades. What do people think of that? could be a good idea but I'm the not the most experienced converter so I'd probably need some help there.

Paulus
23-01-2007, 18:18
But do plastics really have to be less detailed? I dont really see why.

I think they usually are due to the differences in the moulding process, but they have improved significantly over the years.

Someone suggested about using WE glade riders as dark riders and other stuff from the glades. What do people think of that? could be a good idea but I'm the not the most experienced converter so I'd probably need some help there.

No harm in trying it as you don't have to worry too much about your converting skills with plastics.

The thing is making the joins more convincing with green stuff as obviously the moulds aren't intended to be mixed so may look odd.

giner
23-01-2007, 18:19
Welcome to my world as a (young) pure Beasts of Chaos player. Only difference is I get 2 khornegor to a blister rather than 3. Just write to GW deal with it its not really that bad.

I don't think anyone has a problem with converted glade riders and playing 6 years without converting ability. Just cut the off the cross bow and cut the weapons off the glade rider hands and they're sorted.