1 spear chukkas rank skewer

rock lobba 75 unit basher
bully

night gobbo spider chariot (gobbo wolf chariot] just for fun

1 giant anvil

1 giant anvil

damiengore
23-01-2007, 21:17
Your warboss is gonna end up hurting himself with those bound spells. Can u have duplicates of magic items that aren't common?

100 gobbos in one unit? with spears? Sounds like they are gonna enjoy getting run down. One huge flank they are offering too.

SevenSins
23-01-2007, 21:33
I think u can have only one of a named item.
But a unit of 100 gobbos?!
Well few opponents will expect it so you may surprise a few people. Of course it's still only goblins.
You might as well increase it to two chuckas (still only a single choise), and of course split up that monster unit.

bobert the great clen one
23-01-2007, 21:42
hehe u can have 2 or as many as u want , sets of magic mushrooms

how many units would u suggest spltting the 100 gobbo unit into
, and y where on that point explain how there gona get run down

10x 10 in formation so there always gona get there +4 rank bonus (providing they dont get flanked and if my army does its job then they shouldnt ) +2 for warbanner +1 for a battle standard bearer + out number + whatever they kill

Makarion
24-01-2007, 08:37
Nice idea on the huge formation of gobbos, and the principle is right. Your only problem is that you're still night goblins, with Ld 7 or whatever your general has.

Say, you're trying to charge an opponent. You'll have trouble maneuvering with such a huge block, since terrain will be a big hindrance - and a good opponent will make use of this. Let's just assume, though, that you manage to charge someone and actually break them. They run off, and you run after them (mediocre Ld prevents you from *not* following, more than likely). That's a huge chunk of your army out of position versus a much smaller block of your opponents... who can likely focus on your smaller units and just ignore your huge and unwieldy gobbo block.

Say, you are charged by a decent block of something. Let's assume something fairly average - 25 Empire halberds with a captain or warrior priest. On the charge it's pretty likely they will actually break you. They, too, have the ranks and so forth, and they compensate your outnumber by killing a lot more than they get killed (even counting your second rank of spears), because they have better weapon skill and higher strength. Now you run the risk that your huge unit will actually break itself, and then run off and cause panic in your own ranks. As if animosity wasn't bad enough...

Thinks get much, much worse when you're up against an opponent that causes fear or terror.

In short, don't blocks gargantuan enough to be immobile with even moderate terrain around, and don't put all eggs in one basket.

I'd probably not use a block of goblins bigger than 42 (7 wide and 6 deep), and more likely stick to 30 (6 wide and 5 deep). Split your unit in two blocks of more manageable size, get more spear chuckas and rock lobbas, and consider wolf riders for march blocking (I like them better than spider riders, but those may work as well). Use leftover points for a giant, some trolls, or a DoW unit of heavy cavalry. I know it's not pure night goblin, but you may want to win at some point in the future, and I don't see a 100% night goblin army do that without a wizard lord.

zoddri
24-01-2007, 10:00
Like the gobbotheme :)

Split up the big unit into two smaller, they have bad ld and unless you are facing a really, really, really shooty army it's no use. Also, with their ld it's not that hard to break the unit if facing an elite unit. Lots of points wasted there and the remaning units are to small do do any serious harm.

Get another spearchukka and swap the chariot for something more useful, you don't have any hard-hitting cavalry to support it with. Maybe some wolf riders so you can hit the enemy's flanks after to gobbos get into HtH?

asrian
25-01-2007, 04:08
I'm with the rest on splitting the big unit of n. goblins into two smaller units. Your large unit has very long flanks and is a huge target (but then, that you know). The down side to me of a unit this large is that a unit of 40 to 50 will accomplish the same thing and cost less. The downside to Warhammer FB to me is that you can only ever get +1 for outnumbering and +3 max for rank bonus, so no matter if you outnumber by 1 or 100 you still only get a +1 bonus.

SevenSins
25-01-2007, 20:14
Of course with us Skaven generals around, bigger outnumbering bonuses would result in insano slave packs....