PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen vs shooty dwarf army - help guys

dil
24-01-2007, 02:24
k, going to face a shooty dwarven army with my lizardmen.

Will be pitched battle and 2150 points.

What is the best way to deal with shooty dwarf army?

vorin
24-01-2007, 03:56
Well there is no doubt that a "shooty" dwarven army is gonna hurt you.....often alot.

With my lizzies, skink screens are absolutely indispensible in absorbing some of the "shooty" and allowing your main force to engage the stunties with fewer casualties. My suggestion is at least 4 units of skinks and strategically placing and moving them into position of absorbing fire when you need them to.

If you don't use your screens effectively, you will lose. Period.

zoddri
24-01-2007, 08:50
Agree with vorin about cheap missile screens, they can save your day.

Lizardmen have some relatively cheap flyers right? Use them against the war machines, if he only gets one round of shooting with them you'll save a lot of troops.
You could also try and get some flyers or other fast troops in combat quickly, just to tie up his archers/pistoliers/whatever for a round. Use cheap troops.

Remember to be careful when sacrificing troops, don't use expensive units and don't take too many. You still have to have some strong units to finish off them with.

strateger
24-01-2007, 10:43
I think you must play salamanders. because they are very worth shooting units against dwarf

strateger
24-01-2007, 10:44
dont forget to protect your slann with a better ward save against shooting, he will be the N1 targert

infernus31
24-01-2007, 11:59
Ive played aginst Dwarves quite a few times , giving the Slann the better ward save is nigh essential if (like me) you use him as the central point in your army. Aside from that the standard Jaguar charm Saurus Scar veteran coupled with a skink chief with scout, sowrd of might and cloak of feathers will both cause a lot of damage from the off and get rid of dwarven firepower relatively quickly especially if backed up with steed of shadows.

Also chameleon skinks vs handgunners is very fun, as are small units of normal skinks scouting close to annoy the Dwarves.

Theres not much that can be done against the Anvil, if your lucky a well placed comet may hit and damage the unt, but aside from that not much will do.

dil
24-01-2007, 17:18
k ... about to give this a go ... thanks guys