24-01-2007, 15:35
In my Ogre Army I currently have:

1x Tyrant
3x Butchers
6x Bulls
8x Ironguts
3x Yhetees
4x Leadbelchers

I am looking for suggestiuons on the other 4 Ogres that I have. I can make them into Bulls or Ironguts. I dont use gnoblar. I was hoping for any suggestions one way or the other as to how I shoudl model them. thanks!

Keller
24-01-2007, 15:57
You could use them as either, really. You could make them into Bulls to run 2 units of 3 along with 1 unit of 4. Or you could make them into Ironguts and run 2 units of 6. Or you could split them to bump your Bulls to 8 and Guts to 10, dividing them anyway you like.

Personally, I would opt for more Bulls, as I like having double hand weapons more then great weapons.

Cacodemon
24-01-2007, 17:22
I'd make them into a unit of Ironguts. I run my Bulls naked as harrassers and screen, and let the Ironguts do the real damage. So I would use them like so:

2x 3 Bulls with clubs
3x 4 Ironguts

There's no reason to go above those numbers in a unit, as you don't get ranks and all your Ogres should contribute their fighting value instead of hanging in the back.

Invid
24-01-2007, 19:54
SO in the group fo 4 Ironguts I could ahve the Tyrant and a butcher? Or only a Tyrant?

Keller
24-01-2007, 20:52
There's no reason to go above those numbers in a unit, as you don't get ranks and all your Ogres should contribute their fighting value instead of hanging in the back.

Larger units aren't all bad, especially against opponents with lots of shooting. You have to make sure your units can still dish out enough damage when they reach combat. Besides, larger units make better use of Fear, so they are not to be discounted so quickly.

Cacodemon
25-01-2007, 04:33
Larger units aren't all bad, especially against opponents with lots of shooting. You have to make sure your units can still dish out enough damage when they reach combat. Besides, larger units make better use of Fear, so they are not to be discounted so quickly.

Against lots of shooting multiple units will achieve target saturation, which means that there are too many targets to handle, and some of them will make it to combat.

You can also charge one target with multiple units, maybe even getting that invaluable flank attack with one of them. In combat they will all contribute their Unit Strenght for Fear just like one big unit.

Large units are good to hide your characters in when facing lots of shooting, but for combat I prefer MSU Ogres.