PDA

View Full Version : 2K Ogre Kingdoms: Please Evaluate

Invid
24-01-2007, 20:44
This is basically my first Ogre Kingdoms List. These are the models I have so I woudl appreciate suggestions on how to play this list, and what could compliment the lsit in the future. Thanks!

1x Tyrant: Tenderizer, Longstrider, Wyrdstone Necklace, Luck Gnoblar
1x Butcher: Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll
1x Butcher: Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll
1x Butcher: Dispel Scroll, Tooth Gnoblar, Tooth Gnoblar
3x Bulls: Ironfists, Bellower
3x Bulls: Ironfists, Bellower
3x Ironguts: Gear Weapon, Heavy Armor, Bellower
3x Ironguts: Gear Weapon, Heavy Armor, Bellower
3x Ironguts: Gear Weapon, Heavy Armor, Bellower, Standard, Lookout Gnoblar
3x Ironguts: Gear Weapon, Heavy Armor, Bellower, Standard, Lookout Gnoblar
2x Leadbelcher
2x Leadbelcher

So these are the models that I have. Please let me know if they need to be in a better formationto be sucessfull. I will probabally play either Dwarves, Lizardman, or Skaven tonight. Please advise! I am lookign for a good non-gnoblar all-comers list. Thanks!

Tutore
24-01-2007, 21:40
against dwarves, you have no hope, because you won't do as much wounds as their static CR.

Invid
24-01-2007, 21:47
In my first game I ever played (tonight will be second) I played against dwarves and won... .. . List wasnt much different, but eyar I woudl basically break every other combat turn :(

Darkangeldentist
24-01-2007, 21:51
I think I can see what you were thinking when you put this together and it's not bad, though a tad hit and miss uless you've got your tactics down to a tee.

Way too many dispel scrolls for my tastes. Against most armies that's just a waste. Maybe keep one or two but I'd swap most if not all of them for power stones. You'd be amazed how much pressure you can put your opponent under with them. Maybe get the Bangstick if you can.

None of the these sugestions change the models so I hope you consider them.

I actually quite like the list, it's just the dispel scrolls I don't feel are neccessary.

Krud
24-01-2007, 22:42
This list isn't too bad. It uses much of the same MSU tactics of most ogre armies I've seen these days.

I agree that you have too many dispel scrolls; the bangstick and skull mantle would be much better. If you are playing dwarves, try equipping a butcher with the skullmantle and a siegebreaker; then watch him crush the stunties!

I wouldn't get power stones and I would drop the tooth gnoblars. You cast every spell on a three and if you use two dice to cast, these items won't do much good for you.

I highly suggest coming over to www.ogrestronghold.com/forum for some more advise. There are a lot of people ther who would be happy to help you out! :D

WARHAMMERED
02-02-2007, 23:17
Drop a unit of IG and add some yhetees, they are fast and hard hitting, perfect for taking out lone sorcerers or cannona, bolt throwers etc.
your army NEEDS them.

DARKsoulx
04-02-2007, 10:32
i really do think it would be a waste not using the two rare choices, i really love the gorger, bring 2 of them to the battle and they will make your day.
they really won me so many games.

M_M
04-02-2007, 12:57
looks similar to the list that finish 3rd in the UK GT heat 1, apart from no yhetees
drop the tooth gnoblars from the butcher
and lose 2-3 dispel scrolls and give one the bangstick, keep the scrolls seperate

and you depend on getting the charge with ogres and ironguts are hard hitting enough