PDA

View Full Version : new latd army need help

yohanes13
24-01-2007, 21:53
in thinking of starting a new latd army, with tons of conversions featuring loads of models i like but dont want a while army of and i was wondering if i could get some feedback, wouyld you play against it etc also on the subject of zombies i want to include them but my army wont be evil (itll be a rouge traders retinue) but i really like zombies, any ideas on how to fit them in i could only come up with slave zombies that have explosive collars so forced to fight possibly led by some sort of slave prist/necromancer also with a colar, any ideas?

other ideas -

rhinox rider = chaos demon prince

conversion dreadnought, slah ghasgul as a rouge trader in mech suit = chaos lord with mutations

vostroyans /forgeworld guard = traitors

ogre kingdoms bulls = big mutants

scratch built light tanks maybee skimmersor mad maxesque buggies - traitor recon or basilisk

zombies = plague zombies

maybee a squad of renegade marins relictors/soul drinkers

servitors = more mutants

large mega armoured nob based robots = terminators

any feedback or ideas welcome

yohanes13
24-01-2007, 23:44
i cant see my post

sabre4190
25-01-2007, 00:38
it seems like alot of the stuff you like is mechanized and armored. i think you should really focus on that idea and include this somehow in your fluff as well your conversions. i think you could adapt this idea a little further and get a really cool theme.

conversion dreadnought, slah ghasgul as a rouge trader in mech suit = chaos lord with mutations

this could really work. i think you could go for something similar to ripley's suit in aliens, just more armored. you might try using a penetant engine as a basis with some work, or even a dreadnaught with some big expansions.

vostroyans /forgeworld guard = traitors

i would go with vostroyans. forgeworld guard would be pricey for something you want to convert. it could work if you take off the heads/hats for a unified theme. or you could use cadian carskin.

ogre kingdoms bulls = big mutants

always a great base. if you saw dave taylors adeptus army, you could base them off those boys.

scratch built light tanks maybee skimmersor mad maxesque buggies - traitor recon or basilisk

scratch built tanks always look amazing and i always love seeing them. i think you have a good idea in your head, but i would browse the ork and maybe tau range for options.

zombies = plague zombies

i would really go with a mech theme here. if you like zombies, you could make something really cool here. think zombies brought back to life through machines and cybernetic enhancements. adding mechanical limbs, stim injectors and minor adjusments here and there would look nice. necron range could always look well here.

maybee a squad of renegade marins relictors/soul drinkers

servitors = more mutants

large mega armoured nob based robots = terminators

definately. use plasticard to cover up any leftover flesh and there you go.

lets see. you could always use giant weapons platforms as obliterators. daemons dont seem to really fit. raptors could look really nice to have some kind of ancient archeotect. it seems to fit really well. post some pics as you start getting stuff up.

yohanes13
25-01-2007, 11:06
cool thanks for the advice i will post pics however could be awhile lol, its gonna be a slow project as im in student halls so dont have a lot of space.

p.s. in regards to the mech zombies i didnt think of that i kinda klike that my only problem is i wanted these guys to be toing the line between being chaos and imperial (chaotic good if you play d&d) ie there not always goody two shoes but imperialforces rarely attack them, would using mechanic zombies upset any imperial forces?

Frodo34x
25-01-2007, 12:49
Chaos forces are, in DnD terms, Neutral Evil ( with the odd LE and CE thrown in). From the sounds of it, your force is more CN or N. Chaotic Good would mean doing good, bye any means possible.

On the mechanic zombies front, I doubt Imperial forces would have many complaints. Just look at Arco Flaggelants and Servitors.

Sceleris
25-01-2007, 13:46
Perfectly workable idea – the LatD list can be made to represent virtually anything your conversion skills allow.

Zombies as a makeshift penal/suicide battalion would work – fearless ‘cos they’ll die if they run (well, get blown up by the guy with the controller!), shambling ‘cos of the chains and no weapon upgrade ‘cos do you really want to give these guys a ranged weapon?

Scratch built vehicles as sentinels/hellhound/bassy could look good.

Ogres are a nice basis for BG’s – mine are anyway!

Obbies and raptors can be nicely jury-rigged to look like whatever you feel like.

Alignment wise if you run this as a renegade style force then it’s CNish so you can act either way.

yohanes13
25-01-2007, 14:31
i cant decide what to use for traitors (crew of rougue traders ship/ personal guard) i love death guard pricey but im not using many so might work otherwise i was thinking catachans i know everyone hates them but i like them lol, also thed look cool crewing the scratch built vehicles mad max/vietnam style, any ideas?

yohanes13
25-01-2007, 14:32
ps if i use death guard would it be stuypid to use the ones standing at ease i just really like them lol also you can buy death guard heavy stubbers