PDA

View Full Version : Weapon choices for chaos hero

Irakaz
25-01-2007, 00:49
Ive been tinkering with an army list and I wondered how I could eqip the exalted champion in my list.

I wanted to give him sword of striking for the additional attack and to give him a magical weapon for ward saves. Can I also give him additonal hand weapons to further increase his attacks?

If I gave him a halberd/flail as his weapon can that be used with the sword of striking to still give him an extra attack.?

TheWarSmith
25-01-2007, 01:42
think about it by this basic rule.

Magic weapons cannot be combined with ANY other weapon.

So while you could have the sword of striking and the halberd, you'd have to choose which one you'd want to use.

Also, you can't have 2 magical items of any one type(dispel scrolls excepted)

Irakaz
25-01-2007, 02:09

So while you could have the sword of striking and the halberd, you'd have to choose which one you'd want to use.

Should of looked at the magic weapons section at the back of the rulebook more closely too :p I was thinking that you could possibly use a halberd as a hand weapon and imbue it with the properties of a sword of sword of striking. Wishful thinking there hehe.

I didn't realise because I was think that you could use a shield so why not a weapon instead. Thanks for the quick reply.

Sashu
25-01-2007, 03:15
If I recall correctly, if you have a magic weapon, you have to use it.... might have been changed in the 6th to 7th thing.

Festus
25-01-2007, 07:27
Hi

Still the same: As long as you have a Magic Close Combat Weapon, you must use it.

FEstus

Irakaz
25-01-2007, 09:42
As a kind of side question if you give a Lord character the staff of change (arcane item) does he have to use it as a weapon, similar to a beast-shaman's bray-staff? Or can you use a magic weapon, or other mundane weapons as well?

Sherlocko
25-01-2007, 09:46
The staff of change is not a weapon so you can use it with a mundane/magic weapon.

Briohmar
25-01-2007, 12:48
To the original Question, I like the berserker sword on an Exalted on steed. I am pretty much guaranteed at least 1 extra attack per turn, but have had as many as 4 (just once, two chariots lined up in CC and I charged from the rear with my character who just happened to make base contact with both. Againsta STank it would really rock (5 extra attacks, although only wounding on 5's.) Tack on an enchanted shield, and you have a 0+ save, pretty good if you aslk me.

Winterkampf
26-01-2007, 20:25

Uhh. You just rained on my parade. I converted my Khorne Lord to have 2 axes. You're telling me that if I give him a magical weapon I cannot use the additional (regular) weapon?. That blows!. How un-khornate is that?

Festus
26-01-2007, 20:52
Hi

I don't know about the Khornate-ness of it, but he's right, and them's the rules:

BRB, p.121, p.120 respectively.

Festus

Palatine Katinka
26-01-2007, 22:03
Uhh. You just rained on my parade. I converted my Khorne Lord to have 2 axes. You're telling me that if I give him a magical weapon I cannot use the additional (regular) weapon?. That blows!. How un-khornate is that?

Why not just use two normal axes? A Khorne Lord is mean enough without having a Magic Weapon and two hand weapons is less points.

metro_gnome
26-01-2007, 23:01
Axes of Khorgor :cool:

Winterkampf
27-01-2007, 03:32
Festus, thank you for the reference. I stand corrected (if dissapointed)

Palatine Katinka, you're probably right, but there's no thing as "mean enough" with a Khorne Lord :evilgrin:

Metro Gnome, thanks for the tip!. I'll look into it

gjnoronh
28-01-2007, 21:28
Hey check us out on swords of chaos on yahoo groups for more chaos discussion. http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SwordsofChaos/