PDA

View Full Version : The Big Old (Dead) Frog

Tsachoul
25-01-2007, 05:40
Is Kroak a wizard? It doesn't say anywhere that I can see in the book that he is, other than that he has spells, but it seems that for his cost he should generate some power and dispell dice. Have I missed something or is my assuption correct?

Vattendroppe
25-01-2007, 07:17
I'm pretty sure it sais somewhere in the book that he's a level four wiz. Can cehck it up when i come home (from school :(), but i would be pretty suprised if that wasn't the case.

Hobgoblyn
25-01-2007, 08:04
It doesn't actually specifically say anywhere in his entry, and it isn't addressed in the FAQ, but...
He has all the abilities of a 2nd Generation Slann who have all the abilities of a 5th generation Slann and even a 5th generation Slann which is a Slann (the only kind is the Mage-Priest) which makes it a 4th level wizard.

So, by nature of succession it is reason to assume that Kroak counts as a 4th level wizard.

Spinegaunt01
25-01-2007, 08:09
Counted as a lev4 wizzy with a few bonuses.....

On a side note, how comes Kroak is the only dead dead thing that suffers from fear and terror?..... I mean, for the points cost, man that is one HUGE oversight.... Or was it intentional?

.....My iconic worshipping of him was shattered by a few orges :cries: :p

WillFightForFood
26-01-2007, 23:46
On a side note, how comes Kroak is the only dead dead thing that suffers from fear and terror?..... I mean, for the points cost, man that is one HUGE oversight.... Or was it intentional?

There's about a 1/16 chance that you fail that roll.

Khorneflakes
27-01-2007, 00:03
but if you are (un)dead you shouldnt have to make that roll in the first place

EvC
27-01-2007, 00:33
Equally he's not affected by weapons and magic that do damage to undead targets, is he? He's his own class of undead.

Yellow Commissar
27-01-2007, 01:30
Only his body is dead, his spirit is alive. I don't know why this would be different from a Vampire, but it appears to be so. Perhaps it is because he is not powered by Dark Magic?

Stouty
27-01-2007, 02:36
Vampires don't suffer from psycology for simplicities sake, GW even said so themselves. They could if they wanted have had various classes of undead (there's a big difference in the mental capacity of a zombie and that of a necromancer) but they chose not to.

EvC
27-01-2007, 14:26
In fifth edition a lone undead character could flee or take break tests, but as Stouty says, it was "simplified". I prefered the old way, myself.

Gn0b
29-01-2007, 01:02
ok, let me just ask how the cow did the whole subject of this thread change?:confused: I was just wondering.
And on the note of him being undead, I think that they just tote around his body for ceremonial reasons, cause he doesn't do much with it. all his unholy (i call anything that has 6 wounds unholy) body doesn't even need to cast his spells, he can have any priesty skink on the field cast his spells for him without the miscasts no less! so he isn't really dead, he just got kicked out of his body by a legion of deamonprinces.

(are there deamonprincesses?)

Jester007
30-01-2007, 08:02
If there aren't deamon princesses, Slaneesh comes the closest.

Got Squig?

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 09:22
Counted as a lev4 wizzy with a few bonuses.....

.....My iconic worshipping of him was shattered by a few orges :cries: :p

i dont think you want an UNdead slann.

dominic_carrillo
30-01-2007, 09:23
Only his body is dead, his spirit is alive. I don't know why this would be different from a Vampire, but it appears to be so. Perhaps it is because he is not powered by Dark Magic?

he looks like a mummy. i think the skinks use him like a puppet to scare his enemies

Commander Zhypher
30-01-2007, 13:55
bet ya, if you look close enough you will see a skink innside pulling strings to wave the arms, and the spells is just fireworks