PDA

View Full Version : Arhalien's Eldar Army - The Tien Asur

Pages : [1] 2

Arhalien
25-01-2007, 09:08
Having watched so many great logs on this site I've decided to dilute this brilliance with my own mediocrity. This is my second army, and I started in the hobby less than a year ago, so doin;t expect anything great from the painting. The photography is also not very good with some glare as I still haven;t worked out how to turjn the flash off :)

Here are the pictures, fluff will come when I write it, and updates will come when I have new stuff to show.

Painting done with the aid of FearFrost's alpha level painting tutorial; see his sig for a link. Just felt I ought to acknowledge it.

Army will eventually be
laser lance autarch
farseer: Finished. Latest pics page 4
Finished, page 1
10 DA, pw+ss ex10guardians with eml;arch: Finished, pages 1 to 3
5 rangers Finished
9 scorps, claw exarch:WIP, page 3 onwards. First 8 finished
6 harlies with troupe leader and ss, all kisses excpet leader
falcon with scatter laser and shuricannon upgrade Finished
2 war walkers, all scatters:
4 shining spears, laser lance exarch

maybe get some storm guardins with flamers and warlock for anti-horde cityfight.

First off, falcon, group shot and a couple of guardians. A couple more pics to come in the next post.

Arhalien
25-01-2007, 09:09
Second set of pics, just a couple more guardians.

Comments welcome.

Thargrund
26-01-2007, 10:03
hi,

i like then very much altough the grey does stand out quite a bit, you might want to highlight the grey a little bit to make it less solid against the red (sorry uf u have already done this - cant tell from the picture)

keep us updated with new developments : )

Cadian 21st
26-01-2007, 10:09
Hi there!

- I really like the red-grey mix! I'd actually suggest a highlight or drybrush on the red, rather than the grey, as the grey is significantly 'brighter' than the reds. Additionally, try swapping up which armour plates are greyed to add some "character," make it more interesting to paint, and some variety in the units.

Arhalien
26-01-2007, 14:55
Thanks Cadian and Thargrund.

Thargrund: the grey is highlighted slightly at the edges in fortress grey

Cadian 21st: the red is highlighted as well, although there is vrey little difference between the red gore and scab red. May just be the pics, as I think it's ok in real life, most of the highlighting coming from blood red extreme highlights. Glad you like the colour scheme, the result of messing around in the interactive painter.

Slight update. Have some dire avengers and the farseer. 5 of the avengers are built along with the exarch. Hoping to paint at least the farseer this weekend. Can;t paint the avengers fully as I forgot to get some regal blue for the 'grey' areas, but I'll try and to as much of them as I can.

Arhalien
27-01-2007, 19:29
Update! Have finsihed my farseer and am very pleased with him. I;ve also nearly finished the weapon platform; just need to drill and paint the base.

Thanks for any comments :)

Arhalien
27-01-2007, 19:31
The weapon platform:

chunk
27-01-2007, 20:02
Its good to see you've started your Eldar mate. The red and grey is excellent choice for base colours, but your highlights could be bolder. Which would add more definition etc.
I'd also say base your models, but thats just a pet hate of mine.

Chunk

Arhalien
28-01-2007, 14:53
Thanks Chunk. I have highlighlighted but I don't think my photography helps it much. I would base them but all I hav atm is green flock which I don;t think would work.

Update: I forogt initially to paint the farseer's lenses, so I;ve done that. I;ve also done a test model for the dire avengers. The blue areas will be darker, but I don't have regal blue atm. It also isn;t that light in real life; the flash made a bit of a mess of it.

Thanks for any comments.

swamp_slug
28-01-2007, 15:26
Hiya, I like the colour scheme.
I agree that the red needs to be a bit brighter, as a suggestion consider small extreme highlights with blazing orange on the corners of plates, and maybe add some extreme highlights of white on the greys.

What colour do you have on the Dire Avengers at the moment? It looks violet, and IMHO looks better than regal blue would. It is similar enough to the rest of your models to create a unified look, but different enough to make them stand out.

Arhalien
28-01-2007, 15:39
The avenger is ultramariens blue. I think the camera flash has bleached it, it;s a bit darker in real life.

Although, it does actually look quite goodas it does in the pictures. hmm, I wonder.

Luthien
01-02-2007, 21:11
quite good, and judging from your name i guess you play high elves in fanasy :D keep up the good painting

Arhalien
02-02-2007, 20:30
I guess from your avatar and name that you also play Elves :) I'm guessing you;re anticipating the re-release a lot :D And Eldar too, are you a double of mine :p

Minor update.

Having worked out how to turn the flash off I;ve re-taken the pictures and am posting them here.
I've also added an extra highlight of blood red to the farseer, DA and some of the guardians.

Enjoy, and thanks for any comments

Arhalien
02-02-2007, 20:32
More pictures, the falcon and guardians.

theprogram00
02-02-2007, 20:36
I like the farseer! he's impressive and well painted, keep up the good work!

Falcon's good, and your guardians are also good. I like the Red colour scheme. I didn't think red would go but it is does. However im not sure I like the grey helmets/plumes.

However keep it up, you've got a nice army there and its growing quite rapidly. Look forward to seeing more.

Luthien
04-02-2007, 19:19
hah, maybe ;) your eldar scheme looks better than i first thought especially in group shots

dave is the best
05-02-2007, 20:12
They are really cool. Thanks for commenting on my project log.

Dave

Arhalien
05-02-2007, 20:21
Thanks to you too Dave :)

Should be an update coming soon with WIP DA exarch and another normal Avenger. Just a case of taking the pics. Expect it today or tomorrow unless something goes wrong. Still haven;t got any regal blue; Fives match on saturday preventerd me from going into GW to get it, shouldn;t have any problems getting it this saturday.

I'll allso look into getting a Photobucket account so I can get the pics into the text (unless the mods see my grumble in the helpdesk and make it possible to link into text from attachments :)), as I know most people find that easier to deal with.

Arhalien
05-02-2007, 21:08
My love of the double post continues with yet another update!

As promised WIP of some DAs

Again some poor pcitures, and the camera is running out of battery so no rear shots.

Thanks for ayn comments

Arhalien
07-02-2007, 21:14
Another pointless update :) just some better pictures of the DA exarch adn another DA. Still not brilliant; the picture quality seems to change each time :D, but here tehy are, make of them waht you will.
I thinkI need to start taking the pics in more natural light, but ahving school during the day doesn;t help. ah well

Thanks for comments in advance

edit: hmm, these seem to be worse pics :)

dave is the best
08-02-2007, 14:42
Those are wicked. love the pose on the DA exarch.

Dave

Arhalien
08-02-2007, 14:49
Thanks Dave (yes, another comment! :D)

The pose came about largely by chance and because I prefer the look of the sword to the halberd that the kit suggests you use as the pw.

(13 out of 22 posts are mine :))

dave is the best
08-02-2007, 14:53
(13 out of 22 posts are mine :))

:D Well ill keep comenting on yours for you if you post cool thing for me to look at:D

Dave

Arhalien
08-02-2007, 14:56
Thanks Dave, should have some finished DAs by the end of the weekend, and with 1/2 term coming up I should n't have much problem finished them soon. Don;t expect much after that for a while though, need to save up for the BGB :(

(14 out of 24)

Arhalien
09-02-2007, 17:34
Another update. I;ve done 2 more DAs to the same WIP stage as before. I've also redone the pics of the rest of the squad so you can now see them :). They still need the helmets painted, which'll be regal blue highlighted ultramarines. Should get regal tomorrow, so expect some finished pics soon.

The highlighting on the second new one is, I;ve noticed, a bit extreme so I'll tone that down a bit.

Thanks for any comments and criticism

FearFrost
09-02-2007, 18:21
The red looks pretty good on those DAs :)

Arhalien
09-02-2007, 18:37
Thanks Frost, wondering when you;d find this :)

(16 out of 27)

Arhalien
11-02-2007, 14:07
having finally bought a pot of regal blue paint I have finished my first 5 dire avengers. Something seems to have gone wrong with some of the pictures, but I think you can get a good idea from the second group picture.

Thanks for any comments

SgtKnivek182nd
12-02-2007, 19:59
Hi Arhalien

just stumbled upon your thread, I like your Eldar the red and grey make a great contrast.
Can`t wait to see more, Keep up the good work

Sgt Knivek

Arhalien
12-02-2007, 20:14
Thanks Knivek, that one post may be the encouragement not to drop this log :)

(18 out of 29)

Arhalien
13-02-2007, 17:49
Minor update here. I';ve finished two more DA and have posted their pics. I've also used up my two unpainted guardians to test (roughly) future schemes. The red and green is a test for the scorpion, as I was seeing how it would work wtih scorched brown in the mix; they are supposed to be darker than the rest of the army. The black and green is a very rough Arne-Tien (needs soime work that name :)) guardian. (Explanation in the next paragraph). This is roguhylt the scheme my pathfindres will be.

Explanation of what the hell Arne Tien is. This craftworl was initially a twin craftworld; Arne Tien and Asur (need to finish that name, suggestions please) who had joined together and began roaming the galaxy together. They were both smaller than the major craftworlds. Arne Tien was however destroyed in a major Imperial crusade; the only survivors being the outcasts, who now fight in Asur armies as pathfinders.
So there :p
Furhter fluff will come later

Why have boith my most recent updates been four pictures? Strange coincidence :)

Thanks for any comments

(19 out of 30)

Cadian 21st
13-02-2007, 23:42
- I love that Exarch (guy with the tabard)

- I don't like the number of colours you've begun using - Green, Blue, Red, Grey, Gold, Black - all with significant influence over the model. To me it feels too bright, and almost clownlish, or Bretonnian, or Harlequinesque. Empire even. I still like the Red-Grey *pop* alot - maybe carry the grey over to the catapults instead of the black?

- Why aren't you painting the spirit stones (or whatever the stones are that are all over their armour)? The plumes(?) and divisions between the armour need a bit more emphasis, either through inking or a filed down toothpick ;). Your painting is quite good, so this shouldn't be as you've achieved it elsewhere with great effect (Falcon vents, Farseer gold).

Arhalien
14-02-2007, 10:33
hmm, thanks for the advice Cadian. I was thinking about the armour gaps, but I wasn;t sure how to do much about them. The filed down toothpick is a good idea, but with what colour? Black or brown?

As for the catapaults, the guns are black primarily to keep them looking neutral (and easy to paint). Also, I see your point about the colours but I don't think that it's that bad. The aspects in the army will be a bit of a minority, and hopefully the others I do will be a bit more subdued; the spears wil be just red and white and the scorpion scheme can be seen above. I was considering doing the tabards white, but I felt that the green would be better for making them fit in a bit more.

As for the spirit stones, I decided not to paint them as I felt that it would make the model look too cluttered, and so I've tried to do them just as nodules on the armour.

Thanks again

AventineCrusader
14-02-2007, 10:51
Very nice DAs you have there. I like the scheme alot and you have done a good job of getting a very rich red tone. Don't give up the log, be proud!

Crusader

SgtKnivek182nd
14-02-2007, 20:40
The DA`s are coming on well arhalian
Keep up the good work

Sgt Knivek

Kaleb79
14-02-2007, 21:16
I'm trying to decide whether to paint metallics on my Farseer and Autarch or to try to stick to a non-metallic rule like Frost has on his Farseer (he's just used bone colours to good effect)

but seeing your Farseer - the red and the gold have gone together quite nicely. I think I'll try putting some metallic's on my Autarch this weekend - I'll be interested to know what you think!

:)

Arhalien
15-02-2007, 09:20
hehe, Nice to know that someone considers me worth consulting for painting
advice (I certainly don't :)). I'll look forward to seeing the autarch though. Which model is it btw?

Thanks for the comments everyone

Madfool2
15-02-2007, 10:38
Keep going with it, the DA's look great in red.

Kaleb79
15-02-2007, 12:27
hehe, Nice to know that someone considers me worth consulting for painting
advice (I certainly don't :)). I'll look forward to seeing the autarch though. Which model is it btw?

it's the last pic I posted on my project log - click on the link in my sig ;)

I'll value any feedback!

Arhalien
16-02-2007, 18:35
Update!

I have attempted to define the armour plate edges by ink-washing them, so I;ve got pics of a few DA and Guardians done like this.
I;ve also started painting two more DA, doing it differently this time. I;ve added in an initial coat of scorched brown and the scab red coats over that are more accurately applied to keep the brown in the recesses. I;ve also done a black ink wash after the first coat of scab red.

Thanks for comments :)

Arhalien
19-02-2007, 19:52
Update!

I;ve finished the 2 DAs that were shown WIP before (except for touching up on helms and guns, forgot that :)) and I ahve some pictures here. In case youi don;t remmeber these are painmted a different way to the others (see last post for info)

Cadian 21st
19-02-2007, 20:33
- I really like the definition between the armour plates that you've achieved in the last few pictures. It's quite marvelous. I'm sorry for the slow response; essays tend to bog down most of my time around MidTerm season.

Arhalien
19-02-2007, 20:40
Yes, work in general is annoying isn't it

Thanks for the compliment about the armour paltes, and thanks for the advice in the first place :)

Azuremen
19-02-2007, 21:55
Not bad work at all. I prefer less metallics on my Eldar (I'm fairly anti bling), but thats just me.

About the armor plating edges, for a black line that is very fine, I would recommend a Sakura Micron pen, as they come in ultra fine sizes (0.25 mm, if not smaller) and are felt tipped, so work well on hard surfaces. Link below is to a store I use when getting a fair amount of extremely nice writing tools (I'm kinda OCD about pencils and pens >.>; )
http://www.jetpens.com/product_info.php/products_id/769

You can normally find them in any art supply store.

That aside, you can also use a fine brush with some thinned down black ink and carefully go around the armor plate joints and such. I've used to good effect on some of my other models.

SgtKnivek182nd
19-02-2007, 22:12
nice work Arhalian

The armour plates really stand out more now keep up the good work

Sgt Knivek

chunk
21-02-2007, 09:59
Thats some contrast! Its good to see that some people are'nt afraid to 'break the rules' about how citadel mini's should be painted!

One small criticism, is that it does'nt look like you've highlighted their helmet crests.

Chunk

Arhalien
21-02-2007, 13:03
I'm guessing by contrsat you mean the blue and red? Yes, I've had a few comments about that; a friedn of mine thought it clashed a lot, but I still like it :)

hmm, maybe it isn;t enough. I'll give them a drybrush of skull white when I next get my paints out, I ahve already done that for my others.

Thanks for comments everyone :)

yourangerisagift
27-02-2007, 18:41
Ive never seen blue and red avengers before they work quite well. :)
good work Arhalien

Arhalien
28-02-2007, 20:22
UPDATE!!! Cue much gratuitous cheering and applause!

I;ve finished the last of the Dire Avengers and taken a group shot of the lot!

Apoliogies for the poor pics, I'll try to take better at the weeekend.

Thanks for comments :D

Cadian 21st
28-02-2007, 21:51
- I like how your armour is looking, and the picture really shows how nicely hi-lit the loincloth is! It's a nice, cohesive unit that is very clearly together.

SgtKnivek182nd
28-02-2007, 22:08
Looking good Arhalien, nice work

whats next ? keep up the good work

Madfool2
28-02-2007, 23:00
Great stuff, keep it up, can't wait to see more of it.

Arhalien
01-03-2007, 15:30
Thanks everyone :)

The next thing will be the 40k rulebook, then Scorpions, so expect a bit of a gap before the next update.

Arhalien
01-03-2007, 16:56
Sorry for the double post, but I've taken soime better pictures of the DAs ad a group shot so far. Here they are

And Cadian, i;ve looked at the tabard and i think the hihglighting tin the pic is an illusion; it isn;t that good IRL :)

Thanks again for comments

The hair
04-03-2007, 14:07
Hey Arhalien I'm finally here!
Im liking the Eldar a lot. The colourschemes very original and crsp.
Plus the Farseer on the first page looks GREAT. keep up the good work mate!

Arhalien
04-03-2007, 14:10
Thanks The Hair. Glad you like the scheme. :)

Ragnar Ohman
04-03-2007, 15:03
Looks flashy :) Like it

Kepp up the good work!

verydarkshadow
06-03-2007, 20:30
:eek:

The color scheme on the DA is brilliant! Love the Farseer as well! Very very nice! Keep it up Arhalien!

Arhalien
06-03-2007, 20:47
Thanks verydarkshadow; the Avenger colour scheme seems to be a bit love or hate; most people here like it but a friend; theprogramme00 said he thought it clashed too much.

I may have a new update coming sooner than expected. Rather than having to spend all my money on the 40k rulebook, I;ve placed a bid on the BFM one on ebay so if I;m not outbid I may have enoughj to get soime scrops within the next 2 weeks! cue much cheering.

Right, babbling over :)

Arhalien
12-03-2007, 22:01
And thus it came to pass that that Arhalien was to update his log, and there was much rejoicing.

I've got a box of scoripons now, they're undercoated and I'm WIP on my exarch. He's moved on a lot from where he is now but I havem;t had time to take pics yet.

Thanks for comments

FearFrost
12-03-2007, 23:53
Oooh, nice scheme on the scorps, kind of a reverse of what I usually see.

The army progress shot is coming along nicely as well :D

Frost

Arhalien
13-03-2007, 15:32
Thanks Frost. I was trying to get something different for this army, my High Elves being the traditional blue and white.

Arhalien
13-03-2007, 21:09
Another fainlty pointless update, further WIP pics of the Exarch, this time with camera shake all but gone as I'm now taking the pic from on top of a book with the timer on. Unfortunatelt the lighting is poor, but that should be solved easily with the next pics.
Nearly finished, just final touching up to do really.

Thargrund
13-03-2007, 21:31
Love the painting Mate done a good Job, i would know about it you never shut up! : )

Thargrund

Arhalien
13-03-2007, 21:41
hehe, painter's prerogative Thargrund, and nice to see you're posting again, if only for a short while :p. And thanks :)

FearFrost
13-03-2007, 21:48
Try to shoot with more light, and you might want to try to set your cameras exposure higher, up to at least 1.0.

Arhalien
13-03-2007, 21:55
I'll try, thanks Frost. I'm also going to print off the graded blue white sheet from Spiky's log, that may help a bit

swamp_slug
13-03-2007, 23:52
Wow, that's one red Scorpion, I like. Keep up the good work.

Arhalien
14-03-2007, 21:42
I;ve finished the exarchj and taken some pics. Thanks to a graded blue and white sheet from Spiky's log I now seem to have some decent pictures. If people want i'll try to re-take all my pictures so you can get a good look at all the things I've painted.

Thanks for the comments :D

GabrielAngelos
14-03-2007, 21:49
SS Exarch looks really nice, The color scheme is very nice while avoiding the Chrismasy theme that could of occured,

I'm going to have to try this backround gradient, Im assuming I jsut go into Powerpoint and make a gradient and print it?

Arhalien
14-03-2007, 22:10
Look at Spikyjame's big painting log, about page 21 I think, after the outriders. First tim I;ve used it and it's brilliant :)

edit: and thanks for the comment Gabriel :D

theprogram00
14-03-2007, 22:29
I like the scorpain Exarch, He looks very nice and well painted, im guessing that around now you can start to play a fairly decent game now? or you still need a few things?

Savnock
14-03-2007, 22:33
Nice Exarch! I like your color choices overall.

My one suggestion is that the gold ridges look far better than the grey ones. The grey really dulls the otherwise very striking colors, and is sort of inconsistent and chalky. Try the gold out in your mind's eye, and you may find it more satisfying. Nice reds and greens, though!

Arhalien
14-03-2007, 22:35
The grey was an attempt to get it to fit in with the rest of the army and the gold was for the exarch only; I don't want the unit looking too flashy. I may try it on the next scorp but I'm not too sure.

theprogram00
14-03-2007, 22:40
i think the grey works on the guardians and on the Exarch it looks ok, but i must admit i dont like the grey on the dire avengers... hmm :s

SgtKnivek182nd
14-03-2007, 23:49
Nice Exarch Arhalien
The red and green are very striking
Keep up the good work

Sgt Knivek

Cadian 21st
14-03-2007, 23:51
Fantastic squad as a whole!

Savnock
15-03-2007, 02:07
Perhaps just grey on the tassles? That will still leave some tie-in...

Arhalien
15-03-2007, 14:08
Fantastic squad as a whole! I'd like to see a picture of your whole army pleeeease!

The whole army is back on page 3. The only thing not there is the scorpion exarch and the unpainted scorpions, which i should be able to start on later this week.

Thanks for your comments everyone :D

edit: @Savnock: It could be that i haven't painted the grey very well. I'll try going over it again with a more watered down coat of fortress grey and not drybrush as much. Personally i like the way it looks IRL, it may just be the photography.

Arhalien
15-03-2007, 20:03
I;ve taken a few new pictures of some of my models; the farseerk, my latest Dire avenger and a test scheme for my pathfinders. The pathfinders are from another craftworld, the craftworld twinned to this one which was destroyed. I'll edit in a further description in a minute when I get it from, further back in the log.

Savnock
15-03-2007, 21:33
That's a great Seer!

The grey is much better on the Farseer: now I see what you mean about the smoothness. That will look good on the Scorps after all!

I'm not a fan of the blue on the DA, though. Grey or green would be better there- the Aspect Shrine color schemes just don't mix well with custom schemes IMO.

Arhalien
18-03-2007, 19:25
@ Savnock: I had considered doing the DAs red and white, but I'm going to use that for my Spears. What i wanted was for each aspect to have their colour in the minority, showing that their loyalty is to the craftwolrd over their shrine. Also I personally like the blue, so there :p ;)

Another minor update. I've started work on another scorpion, and I've included WIP pics below.

I'm afriad that I forgot to edit in the basic fluff around the pathfinders to the previous post so I've done it now:

Explanation of what the hell Arne Tien is. This craftworl was initially a twin craftworld; Arne Tien and Asur (need to finish that name, suggestions please) who had joined together and began roaming the galaxy together. They were both smaller than the major craftworlds. Arne Tien was however destroyed in a major Imperial crusade; the only survivors being the outcasts, who now fight in Asur armies as pathfinders.

Advice on improving the names gratefully accepted.
Any comments on the colour scheme that I posted at the bottom of the last page?

Thanks for comments

edit: oops, forgot the pics, I'll just attach them :o

Arhalien
21-03-2007, 22:29
Thanks for your comments :rolleyes: :eyebrows:

I;ve finished the scorpion shown. The pics aren;t brilliant but IMO this is the best thing I;ve painted so far. The second pic is a result of picute manage stopping responding in the middle of saving; nothing much I can do but retake it at some point.

I still want advice on the Tien schem and names.

Thanks

Cadian 21st
21-03-2007, 22:57
- That's a nice scheme for the Striking Scorpions! I like the "reversed" colours and the greys to tie them into your army.

Arhalien
21-03-2007, 22:58
Thanks Cadian. Any thoughts on the Tien schem from a while back (the boue and black)?

Cadian 21st
21-03-2007, 23:15
- Ah yes, I remember seeing that last week. The colours are nice, and the blue will contrast nicely with the red on the Asurs(?), though it wont be quite so definitive because of the large blue areas on those Dire Avengers. Alternatively, a deep brown-grey interchanged over the armour plates would look nice too, IMO.

DigitsDavid
21-03-2007, 23:50
I like the scorpions in red. Having seen many real scorpions, I can't remember seeing a lime green one! Keep at it fella!

Arhalien
22-03-2007, 16:25
- Ah yes, I remember seeing that last week. The colours are nice, and the blue will contrast nicely with the red on the Asurs(?), though it wont be quite so definitive because of the large blue areas on those Dire Avengers. Alternatively, a deep brown-grey interchanged over the armour plates would look nice too, IMO.

Interesting idea. I'm planning on having the cloaks brown so that may not be an option. Thanks though

I like the scorpions in red. Having seen many real scorpions, I can't remember seeing a lime green one! Keep at it fella!

Thanks Dave; that was something that I was thinking about as well; but when hae you seen a blue hawk? :)

I've started work on the next scorp (just the brown basecoat).

DigitsDavid
23-03-2007, 15:27
Show us the piccies then.

Are you planning to give the Scopions their own Serpent? If so what scheme will you give it?

Arhalien
23-03-2007, 16:57
No serpent for the scorps; I was originally planning banshees but decided to change. I've spent the spare points on harlies :D.

The next scorp is coming close to getting finished; pics tonight hopefully.

And thanks to whoever voted 4 stars on this thread btw; nice to know someone thinks i deserve them :)

Arhalien
23-03-2007, 19:01
To satisfy the more demanding followers of this log (looks at DigitsDavid) I have some WIP pics of my latest scorp., and some better pics of the previous one.

The pics still seem to make them too shiny; not sure how to cut down on that but believe me it isn't that bad IRL.

Luthien
23-03-2007, 19:12
arhalien, i would like to thank you not just for keeping me on the eldar road but also for giving me ideas on how to tie aspect warriors into my colour scheme. sir i salute you!!!

Arhalien
23-03-2007, 19:17
Thank you Luthien returns salute :D

What scheme are you using for your Eldar? Any chance of some pics? :angel:

Luthien
23-03-2007, 19:31
eh no pics as of yet, no camera and more importantly i only just started to paint 'em so i'm still getting the hang of it and the scheme is like a cross between ultwe and saim-hann i'll get a log up ASAP shall i :D

Arhalien
23-03-2007, 19:35
if you want; i'll follow it if you do :)

Arhalien
25-03-2007, 10:07
Another update. I;ve finished the latest scorpion and taken a group shot of the painted squad so far. Pics attached.
The pics aren;t my best; something strange happened with the lighting, but I think they're passable. I could retake if you want but my camera's running low on battery atm.

edit: the third pic hasn;t loaded. Attaching now

edit2: attached

DigitsDavid
25-03-2007, 12:02
Yup! I like them, they say "scorpion" to me far more so than the green ones. Nice painting too.

Now get the rest done!

Arhalien
25-03-2007, 12:06
Yup! I like them, they say "scorpion" to me far more so than the green ones. Nice painting too.

Now get the rest done!

Yes oh great lord and master! :p

I hope to have at least 1 more done by the end of the week, and hopefully have another one started.
I've gone from slow batch painting with my elves, to quick batch painting with my elves, to slow single painting with these :). Speed isn't a priority for me atm as I'm still new to 40k and already have enough to play a good sized game for me to learn; I want these to be painted as well as i can do them, so that means taking my time.

dave is the best
25-03-2007, 12:45
Sorry about the lack of posting on your thread. But that scorpian is amazing!

Dave.

DigitsDavid
25-03-2007, 14:27
Yes oh great lord and master! :p

I hope to have at least 1 more done by the end of the week, and hopefully have another one started.
I've gone from slow batch painting with my elves, to quick batch painting with my elves, to slow single painting with these :). Speed isn't a priority for me atm as I'm still new to 40k and already have enough to play a good sized game for me to learn; I want these to be painted as well as i can do them, so that means taking my time.

No, I'm sorry to push you! You are right to take your time as your painting is clearly coming on. It's better to take your time and end up with a stunning army, than to rush them and end up with an ok army!

Arhalien
25-03-2007, 15:47
Thanks for the support from both of you 2 :)

I've got Sylass to change the title of my log as I felt the old one wasn't that good. Hope it doesn't confuse you too much :p

edit: I got the 100th reply in my own thread :)
Not sure why i bothered mentioning it really :confused:

scrubout
25-03-2007, 17:04
I got the 100th reply in my own thread

You mentioned it cause it's cool!

Your eldar look real nice Arhalien. Seems I may have to ask a mod a favor soon...

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

Arhalien
25-03-2007, 17:06
Thanks Scrubout :D
I don't think there's anything too bad about your title myself. Ah well, each to his own :)

Luthien
25-03-2007, 22:26
how do'ya do your red it looks nice and solid :D

Arhalien
26-03-2007, 13:13
Yikes, first tutorial I;ve been asked for :eek:

Here goes:

Black basecoat
Scorched brown to cover the whole model
Scab red, one coat
Watered down blakc ink wash in recesses for shading
Scab red, enough coats to get a solid colour, leaving some of the ink in the recesses.
Red gore highlights, one or 2 layers
Final edge highlight blood red.
Black-lining of armour plating (optional)

Hope that helps :)

Luthien
26-03-2007, 16:55
cheers dude its a pain in the **** paintin' red ... :rolleyes:

Arhalien
26-03-2007, 18:07
I know, hopefully this Mechrite red will make things easier if it comes individually before finishing this army.

Also using this as an excuse to try and link an image from the gallery into text.

Edit: That didn't work either. Does anyone know if it's possible to link a pic into the text from the gallery?

Arhalien
28-03-2007, 20:51
Update!

I;ve finished the latest scorpion and have started work on the next one. I would have started on the last one, but I started painting him the wrong colour and broke off his arm while trying to wash it off (silly idea I know :)). I then had to wait for it to dry.

Apologies for the poor pics, but my camera has run out of batteries :(.

I also hate the way most of my pics (except the last ones) make my painting look a lot worse than they do IRL :(.

Thanks for any comments! :)

edit: I've just realised why it doesn;t look that good; I need to black-line the backpack a lot more.

theprogram00
28-03-2007, 21:05
I like the scorpains! really good (like them with little grey), not neggative points i can see :)

Arhalien
29-03-2007, 13:08
Just to say that I've started the last 2, and am a way through doing the red.

Also a bump. Please comment people!

schoolcormorant
29-03-2007, 13:25
i like the scorpion :) nice red.

sorry if it's been answered before but, are they going to be based or are you waiting til the end?

SC

Arhalien
29-03-2007, 14:55
Thanks for the compliment SC :)

They will be based if i eventually get to buying the sand. I have green flock but I don';t think that would look good. I may get some of the sand tomorrow if I have the money then I'll start basing them up. I'll stay with just the painted sand for a while then may eventually get some static grass to put in patches on the base.

McMullet
29-03-2007, 15:04
The red scorpions look very unique, I like them a lot. Not a huge Eldar fan but you're doing a great job with them. :)

By the way, don't bother buying sand form a gaming store, you can buy about half a ton of it from a builder's merchant for the same price! Find a building site and nick some, or ask nicely where someone's doing some DIY. ;)

jasevx
29-03-2007, 15:04
Coming from someone who doesn't play eldar, the paintscheme works brilliantly, keep it up!

Arhalien
29-03-2007, 15:13
The red scorpions look very unique, I like them a lot. Not a huge Eldar fan but you're doing a great job with them. :)

By the way, don't bother buying sand form a gaming store, you can buy about half a ton of it from a builder's merchant for the same price! Find a building site and nick some, or ask nicely where someone's doing some DIY. ;)

Thanks Mcmullet and Jasevx

Mcmullet: is there anywhere you could recommend to get smaller amounts of sand for basing than GW pots? I fail to see when on Earth I;m going to need to use the whole pot.
Thanks

McMullet
29-03-2007, 16:29
Well, like I say I just piked mine from the 2 tonne bag my dad has in the front garden. :p

You could always go to B&Q to buy some modelling supplies, and accidentally spill a handful of sand into something. It's not like they'll care about a small amount. The problem with sand is the material is very cheap, so what you're paying for is packing.

Try eBay: http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C12&maxrecordsreturned=300&frpp=50&from=R10&satitle=+sand&sacat=16486%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=SO17+3RQ&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

schoolcormorant
29-03-2007, 18:02
Mcmullet - what's the postage on sand? :D

personally i use GW sand, it's quite good quality because the grains are similar throughout each pot, so when doing an army theres no worry about bases looking different, plus it's clean. - though seeing as you can't pan it for gold i'll admit it's expensive for what you get.

i tend to use it more as a bulking agent in other mixes, say urban, i'd use coarse sand or gravel, bits of sprue, and add some GW sand to vary the grains and make it look like a total and utter mess, like what a leman russ shell might do to a building ;)

SC

Arhalien
29-03-2007, 18:57
Thanks you two.

I think I may just take the easy way out and go for GW sand; simple to get and I'm going there tomorrow.

I've done a test of basing with green flock on one of my leftover guardians (grasping at straws; better than having to buy a new tub). I'll post pics when i can get on the pc, I'd be interested to hear your opinions

Arhalien
29-03-2007, 21:13
Update.

I;ve finished the penultimate scorp, have got pics of him up. I've also got an example of how to play the system at a GW, as the brown scorpion is fully legal for use there; 3 colours, fully painted, based. :)

I also have a based guardian using flock, what do you think?

Rogue 7
29-03-2007, 22:18

That...or go to the beach and scoop a bunch of your own up into a bottle. Always worked for me!

Arhalien
30-03-2007, 17:35
Right, I've bought the sand and am applying it to the bases atm.

No progress will be made until Tuesday at the earliest, as I'm on a Duke of Edinburgh's expedition.

I played my first game today against Thargrund's guard army (750pts). I lost, but it was reasonably close (didn't count VPs). At the end I had my falcon left with the scatter laser destroyed (it spent almost the whole battle shaken :() and he had about 5 stormtroopers, 2 squads of 2 veterans, command squad which was down by 2 men.
It was enjoyable, despite me losing.

Next time Thargurnd, next time... :evilgrin:

schoolcormorant
30-03-2007, 17:53
for extra strong grip on the sand, mix a bit of paint into the glue, say 3 parts glue to 1 paint. and apply it liberally, it will contract :)

that always worked for me, but i now use wood glue which doesn't even budge after a brake-fluid-ing :p

SC

Arhalien
30-03-2007, 17:54
Curses, I've already added the sand to everything but guardians and falcon :(

Thanks for the advice for the future though SC :)

Arhalien
05-04-2007, 10:13
Update!

I've based all but the guardians and the falcon (they just need the bases painting) and I've attached pics of some of the stuff.

I've also been playing around with some left-over guardians and dire avenger pieces and have kit-bashed an exarch and aspect warrior of The Golden Blades (banshees effectively). Not the greatest work ever but they look interesting and it was fun.

Thanks for comments everyone.

Arhalien
06-04-2007, 10:46
Why do I bother? I really don't know sometimes.

Right, moaning over.

Ye-gad! Two updates in two days! :eek:

I;ve based the guardians (a few pics attached) and finished the 6th scorpion. I still have 3 more to get for the full squad but I won;'t bore you with those for a while. The next thing I'll be doing (after basing he falcon and weapon platform) will be the Golden Blades in the post above then either pathfinders or a war walker (I'm leaning towards getting the former to have a break from painting red).

Please comment this time; if another update is ignored I'll be even more irritated.

jasevx
06-04-2007, 13:41
the grey needs alot more highlighting, very 2 dimensional

Arhalien
06-04-2007, 16:10
The grey on the guardians or just in general?

The guardians were done a while ago and compared to the scorps and avengers are terrible. I may re-highlicht at some point but atm I can't really be bothered.

Cadian 21st
07-04-2007, 19:38
Please comment this time; if another update is ignored I'll be even more irritated.

- You know what? Your attitude is sometimes really annoying. I check this log frequently - and frequently comment - but if you want daily comments, then I want daily updates. End of story.

- You splashed some gold on the black, grey, and red of the Farseer, and one of you Guardians has a manly face and breasts. The Scorpions look fantastic and I really like the highliting on the green. The Grey on the Guardians is really crisp, but it needs a little bit of highlighting. There's some splashing onto the red around the knees and shoulders that stands out. Looking good.

Arhalien
08-04-2007, 11:18
- You know what? Your attitude is sometimes really annoying. I check this log frequently - and frequently comment - but if you want daily comments, then I want daily updates. End of story.

:(

My apologies Cadian, and to everyone else. You have a very good point and I hadn't seen it myself. Maybe I am taking this thing too seriously. No more complaints from me from now on, that's a promise. And a serious one; I do mean this. Please forgive me for my stupid attitude and please don't ignore me because of it, all your comments are very well appreciated.
Thank you to all who have commented on this already, especially Cadian; you're comments have helped my painting immensely.

In a change to what I've previously said I havebought a war walker instead of the pathfinders, and it's been annoying me a bit. It's a beautiful model but whoever put it onto a sprue must have been a total lunatic. Attaching piece to the sprue on top of gems, and only having one of each weapon in the box :wtf:. Good thing I had a scatter laser left from the weapon platform.

I'll stick the 'head' on when I;ve painted it; it looks like it would be a lot easier to paint. Painting should begin before the end of the week.

I'd like to re-iterate my apology, and thank you in advance for any comments you may make.

Cadian 21st
08-04-2007, 12:17
- I can't wait to see the War Walker ;). I hope I wasn't too offensive - this log is quite good, and the models are looking quite nice.

Arhalien
08-04-2007, 12:25
Thanks Cadian. Don;t worry about sounding too offensive; I think that i needed that :)

I do actually have pics of the war walker in the unpainted state but forgot to attach them. Not sure how worth it is though :)

I'll try and do something about the splashing from the basing (it's little tweaks like that which I just find too boring to do)

chunk
08-04-2007, 14:54
Hadnt checked this log out for a while, good to see your still cracking on with the Eldar Arhalien. I especially like the use of the cape on the avenger exarch. On the downside it looks like the paint is a lttle messy on the farseers helmet, might be worth a little bit of black-lining.

You know what, if you get plenty of views and no posts, that means people cant find much to criticise. Keep up the good work!

Chunk

Luthien
08-04-2007, 16:09
woah arhalien lookin cool as always :D

Firestorm Falcon
08-04-2007, 18:35
Great models well painted my friend, they look even better in the flesh.

Arhalien
09-04-2007, 11:05
@Chunk: Thanks for the encouragement Chunk :). I'll hav a look at the Farseer';s hemlemt and try and do something about it (useful to have something to do when I grow tired of painting this war walker :)).

@Luthien: Thanks :D

@Firestorm Falcon: Thanks and welcome aboard :)

I have started work on the war walker (just as irritating to paint as to make, but that could just be the colours I;ve chosen). The pilot's armour will be green (in order to contrast with the red) and the areas currently black (except for the pilot) shold remain blakc. Apologiues for the poor pics; this thing won't stand up atm and there isn't much I can do about it.

Thanks for any comments

edit: That's irritating. The better of the 2 pics isn;t uploading. The 'muzzle' of the walker will be painted grey (that's what the other pic would ahve shown)

Arhalien
10-04-2007, 10:56
I've continued the work on the walker and it's very nearly finished. All that's left to do is final touching up and adding some transfers. It's not my best piece of work ever; Vehicles aren't my strong point, but I still like it (not that I'm biased at all ;)).

Cadian 21st
10-04-2007, 22:40
- The blending on the helmet and the parts of the Walker is nice, and a good start, as are the golden spirit stones. Did you etch in that symbol on the Walker's shield? It's nifty, though a little messy at the edges. The model fits well with your army.

Firestorm Falcon
10-04-2007, 23:12
The red on that and the falcon must have been a right pain.

Anyway the walker looks great but the grey could do with a little more work as it looks distinctively like unpainted plastic at the mo.

Oh and the Harry quote in your sig, Priceless.

Arhalien
11-04-2007, 09:46
@Cadian: Thanks :). I presume by the shield you mean the canopy and the litle triangle on it? If so then that was already there and I haven;t done anything with it. The gold spirit stones still need to be touched up a bit; there's some red splashing on them.

@Firestorm: Yes, they were both really irritating. This was slightly better than the falcon as I did a coat of scorched brown first; on the falcon I just had to keep painting layer after layer of scab red; not very enjoyable. Maybe the grey could do with a bit more highlighting with white at the edges; it's just one of the unfortunate aspects of this colour scheme that areas of my models can look unpainted.
The quote in my sig is one of the few useful things to come out of a High Elf rumour thread ;).

No more work I'm afraid as I was clearing my desk and writing up a proper exam timetable yesterday in preparation for exam revision later this holiday. I may be able to do a bit more today, but that's only a maybe.

Luthien
11-04-2007, 15:00
yay a warwalker i gotta get me 1 of them good job on it too, i like the avatar :p

Arhalien
12-04-2007, 10:46
@Luthien: Thanks about the avatar :). A word of warning about the war walkers; they only have 1 of each weapon on the sprue, so if you plan to have duplicates then you'll need to have some spare somewhere. The weapons on the war walker are compatible with the guardian weapon platform and I presume the wraithlord.

I've finished the war walker and have attached pics. The transfers were irritating; I wanted to have the craftworld symbol (sword crosse with the Shrine of Asuryan) on the 'muzzle' but the sword transfer was too big :(. In the end I just used the shrine. The reason for one of the weapon mounts being wonky is that it broke off when I first tried to get it into my case and it stuck back in place badly. In trying to straighten it after taking the pictures it broke again and I haven't been bothered to try and stick it back.

I've also started work on one of the golden blades. As you can tell face painting isn't one of my strong points :).

AventineCrusader
12-04-2007, 11:14
I actually don't think the face looks half bad. A very good start at least. Maybe do a final highlight just along the brow and tip of the nose with a mix of 1:2 white to elf flesh. If you don't like doing eyes then just use a dark ink where the sockets are, it won't be flattering in the close web shots, but on the table no one will be the wiser...

Nice work, keep it up...

Crusader

Firestorm Falcon
12-04-2007, 11:35
They're looking good. I don't mind the face at all TBH it looks just fine. You might wat to change the walker's base's coulour as it blends in a little with the feet of the walker.

Off Topic: we're up to three useful things from a rumur thread now (see sig).

Arhalien
12-04-2007, 12:46
@Crusader: Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a go later.

@Firestorm: Hehe, yes I remember Harry saying that now. As for the base i was thinking about that, but i'm not sure what to change it too. All my other models have grey bases and I don't have the greatest selection of colours ever. What would you suggest?

Firestorm Falcon
12-04-2007, 12:56
Keep it in grey but perhaps give it a coat of grey mixed with black to darken it and differentiate (ooh big word :) ) it from the walkers foot, just my two pennies.

Arhalien
12-04-2007, 12:57
Keep it in grey but perhaps give it a coat of grey mixed with black to darken it and differentiate (ooh big word :) ) it from the walkers foot, just my two pennies.

Ok, thanks, I'll give that a go. And congrats on the long word :p

Luthien
12-04-2007, 13:08
but its a male head and the body has boobs ....

elvinltl
12-04-2007, 13:39
Try this for one of your figures. I painted my DarkElves with Red and some other colour and the red turned out sweet.

1) Base Coat areas to be coloured black.
2) Paint a layer of Gore Red
3) Paint the platings Blood Red (Leave the sunken lines and amour joints Gore Red)
4) Hightlight your minitures using drybrush techniques. For this highlight, try mixing some red and white. This will really bring out the amour patterns and intricate designs.

As for the Grey. Honestly, the colour scheme is nice but even from the photos, the minitures look like half-painted minitures. I suggest basecoating the grey area black and paint grey. Then highlight sparingly with white.
Do not overdo the hightlight or they may look like Siam-Han...

Arhalien
12-04-2007, 14:21
@Luthien: That's been mentioned before, and in another Eldar log where someone did the same thing. His explanation was that Eldar were largely androgynous and so that head isn't necessarily male. I just wanted to do something without a helmet and put together the female body by mistake :o. I'm not going to be using him/her so it shouldn't matter so much.

@Elvinltl: Thanks for the advice on the red, but I'm happy with my current method and your suggestion sounds like it may turn out a bit light for my tastes. The grey is also proving to be an irritation. It could just be the pics, because IRL I think it looks OK. It's painted Codex grey, highlighted fortress grey, extreme highlight white. I realise that on the guardians and Falcon it's very flat (they were painted a while back) but I don't think it's that bad on my latest models. I'll think about it.

Thanks again :)

Arhalien
13-04-2007, 12:25
Another small update. I;ve finished the Golden Blade (person with sword :)) and have attached pics. The face came out far better than i was expecting in the end. The paint on the back doesn't look like that IRL, the camera tends to do that to my painting a lot. THe picture of the front is a far better representation of how it looks IMO. (hmm, maybe I should stop maing excuses about my photography and try and do something about it ;)).

I've also had another go at the base of the war walker. It's a bit messy atm but the change was mostly to try out a darker shade of grey. I'll tidy it up later.

Right, enough of me talking.

Thanks for any comments :D

elvinltl
13-04-2007, 16:09
Just curious what Red paint are you using and how is the red done? Because the red colour in the photos look really static, maybe it could be due to the photography and lighting.

The Gore and Blood red will really give a nice red shading effect. It will not turn out very garrish and bright but instead some really solid red colouration.

Have you consider the camo look like what had been done on GW website with blue? It will be realy awesome with camo red.

Arhalien
14-04-2007, 10:32
@Elvinltl: I personally think it's the photography. The picture in post96 gives the best impression of how it looks IRL. The red is painted:
Scorched brown.
Scab red
Black ink in lowered areas
More scab red to a solid colour
Red gore highlights
Extreme Highlights blood red.
SOmetimes black lining with Chaos black.

I'll give your idea a go on the Golden Blades Exarch (the person with the cloak :p) and see how it looks. I'm wary of changing the method of red painting as it may make certain things look too different to the rest of the army.

Arhalien
18-04-2007, 17:21
Update!

I've finally based the falcon and have attached pics. I've also done something about the bsae of the EML and have attached pics of that too. I;ve applied sand to the top, drilled a hole and practised writing it's name on in Freehand. The name is Wolfsbane, named in honour of my last game f 40k against a Space Wolf army, where the guardians and this EML killed more than the rest of my army together. The final tally was about 8 tac marines (4 or 5 in assault), a venerablke dread, which exploded, killing 2 blood claws, and another blood claw shot. They were also the only survivors of my army.
The paint on it is quite flat, but as I've said, I;m not very good at highlighting vehicles.

Some advice on picture taking would also be nice. I find that all the pictures I take tend to bleach the highlights, making everything look like it's just flat paint. I';ve attached a picture of a scorpion which I feel makes them look the most like how they really are (the 4th pic), and another picture of a scorpion taken in exactly the same way, with a Sony Cybershot, with Macro, under an angle poise lamp, steadied on the table. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

edit: i couild have sworn i said to uplaod the front view of that scorpion. :confused:

Vimes
18-04-2007, 17:29
Really like your Scorpions and thanks for the mini tut on your red which i have to put to good use un my Wraithlord:)

P.S.: Great Avatar:D

Arhalien
18-04-2007, 17:30
Really like your Scorpions and thanks for the mini tut on your red which i have to put to good use un my Wraithlord:)

P.S.: Great Avatar:D

Glad I could be of help with the red :)

And thanks for the compliment on the avatar! Only saw the film a few days ago and changed my avatar almost immediately afterwards. I think that shows what i thought of it ;)

Firestorm Falcon
19-04-2007, 16:58
Come on Arhalien Clean up the red around the cockpit of the falcon.
I can see grey spots. :)

Arhalien
19-04-2007, 17:13
Come on Arhalien Clean up the red around the cockpit of the falcon.
I can see grey spots. :)

Yes Oh great lord and master :p

DigitsDavid
19-04-2007, 21:08
Only saw the film a few days ago and changed my avatar almost immediately afterwards. I think that shows what i thought of it ;)

One of my all time favorite war films!!! Love the bit with his extendable barrel!!

Models coming on a treat, I most definitely prefer scorpions in red now. Keep it up!

Arhalien
20-04-2007, 09:42
One of my all time favorite war films!!! Love the bit with his extendable barrel!!

Models coming on a treat, I most definitely prefer scorpions in red now. Keep it up!

And the paint and the loudspeakers and the engines that go faster backwards than forwards :D

and thanks for the compliment on the models :)

Arhalien
23-04-2007, 15:23
Update!

In order to show how much I listen to your comments my most recent piece of work has been on something no-one has mentioned :p
I've inked the armour plate gaps on the Falcon and the weapon platform, and i've started neatening it up with red paint. Still not finished yet, that should be done later today.

I've also managed to do something about the pictures (he says with his fingers firmly crossed).

Anyway, enough of me talking.

Thanks for any comments!

schoolcormorant
23-04-2007, 16:10
looks great!
the goldy/brass bits really stand out which is odd over red but you've done a great job with it :)

keep going man!!!

SC
PS - BTW, is you're avatar from Kelly's heroes?

Arhalien
23-04-2007, 16:11
Thanks SC :)

And yes, it is Oddball from Kelly's heroes :D

Arhalien
24-04-2007, 20:09
Update!

Continuing with the theme of doing work that no-one has suggested I've now done some extreme highlighting on the falcon, as well as redoing the inking. I;ve also managed to get the lighting on my pics so that it doesn';t bleach all the highlights :D (first pic if you were wondering ;)).

Thanks for comments!

Cadian 21st
25-04-2007, 03:50
- The highlites aren't that bad, but they'd look better if you highlit the higher points, rather than just the edges.

Pekel
25-04-2007, 04:01
Nice painting, but the photos really don't show it. If you have Photoshop, you can hit ctrl+m and auto-adjust the colors. Here's the results (original on left, Photoshopped on right). I think these colors are a bit more accurate, right?

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Gukko/random/Warhammer/ctrlm.jpg

Other photo editing software probably has similar functions.

Cadian 21st
25-04-2007, 04:12
- Where do I get said 'Foe-toe-shop?'

Arhalien
25-04-2007, 13:17
- The highlites aren't that bad, but they'd look better if you highlit the higher points, rather than just the edges.

Their is a little bit of drybrushed highlighting on the raised areas but not that much. I may redo some of them at some point.

Nice painting, but the photos really don't show it. If you have Photoshop, you can hit ctrl+m and auto-adjust the colors. Here's the results (original on left, Photoshopped on right). I think these colors are a bit more accurate, right?

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Gukko/random/Warhammer/ctrlm.jpg

Other photo editing software probably has similar functions.

That's a lot better, thanks Pekel! I'll have a go now with some of my pictures.

edit: erm, ctrl m opens up the curve options.

Pekel
25-04-2007, 15:44
Yep. Click "Auto" and it'll fix the pic. It makes a huge difference - for fun you can copy a picture, paste it, autofix it, and then paste the old one on top again. Then erase parts of the top picture. It's like wiping a huge layer of dust off a photograph. :D

Arhalien
25-04-2007, 17:38
Ah ok Pekel. I'll have a look when i'm next on the pc; this laptop doesn't have Photoshop irritatingly.

Thanks!

Arhalien
27-04-2007, 13:19
I've had a go at correcting the best picture I've taken on photoshop and it looks a lot better. The correcting doesn't make the highlights appear as well as with this pic but it still makes the pics better.

I also have a problem. I only have Photoshop elements at home, which doesn't respond to the ctrl-m hotkey. Can you do the same thing with this as normal Photoshop?

Vimes
27-04-2007, 14:14
i generally use the microsoft photo editor which comes with windows and the pics look ok to me. They make the highlights actually apear with a harder edge than in real life.
Your Scorpion looks much better now and you can see the fine edges you put on the red armour very well.:)

Arhalien
27-04-2007, 17:33
Thanks Mr Vimes! ;)
What feature do you use on the photo editor?

I'm thinking of gettin some blazing orange and a fine detail brush tomorrow to do some even finer highlights. Do people feel this is necessary or not?

schoolcormorant
27-04-2007, 18:00
i use microsoft photo ed. too, use auto-correct and crop/resize :)

i'd say more highlights are always good, it's the next step for you in the painting...highway? :wtf:

he's looking especially snazzy, oneof you're best i'd say :)

SC

Arhalien
27-04-2007, 18:05
Thanks SC :) I'll try that

And yes, I consider him my best model at the current moment :D

edit: yep, that works as well :D

Arhalien
28-04-2007, 18:01
Me again ;)

I now have some blazing orange and a fine detail brush so I;ve doine some extreme highlights on the scorpions, whihc have been pretty much killed by the pics again :(. Still, not as bad as they could have been. The ctrl Q feature on picture editor makes it too pinky so I'm not using that anymore, although it has been done on a couple of the pics.

Thanks for comments!

Luthien
28-04-2007, 18:26
pretty nice scorps arhalien, now i command you paint some harlequins or atleast get some 'cos the figs are too nice to pass up

Vimes
28-04-2007, 18:34
Would you please inform me beforehand when you pose theese pics.:p
I was looking throu you thread while eating my selfmade Ceasar's Salad with some white wine and had to gulp the bite down.
Theese Scorpions look great:D
Please do not progress further, since my painting doesn't and i would have to envy you;)

schoolcormorant
28-04-2007, 18:35
muuuuch better ;)

SC

Arhalien
28-04-2007, 18:48
@Luthien: The Harlequins are coming later, as they only feature in 1500pts. However, this may go on hold as far as new stuff is concerned for a while as I'll be working on a veteran regiment of Silver Helms for the Nemesis Crown over half term and can;ta fford to buy anything else before then. They should hopefully come on my Birthday which is late June.

@Vimes: The only warning I can give you is what appears in my sig; ifd the dagte changes I have new stuiff to show :p. Thanks for the compliment! :D

@SC: Thanks! :D Now to do the rest of the army.

Vimes
28-04-2007, 19:12
Well then hopefully you will introduce me one day to the scantily clad elf maidens;)

Arhalien
28-04-2007, 19:18
Well then hopefully you will introduce me one day to the scantily clad elf maidens;)

Somone needs to introdude me first! I've never seen them! ;)

Vimes
28-04-2007, 19:26
Why are they chasing you then if not to meet you up close and personal?:p
What attracts them then if not your Avatar Odball? :D Maybe you forgot your keys last time?:eek:

Pekel
28-04-2007, 20:39
I'm not familiar with Photoshop elements, but your more recent pictures have been fine. Good job with the Blazing Orange!

Arhalien
29-04-2007, 11:04
Why are they chasing you then if not to meet you up close and personal?:p
What attracts them then if not your Avatar Odball? :D Maybe you forgot your keys last time?:eek:

I'm not even going to comment... ;)

I'm not familiar with Photoshop elements, but your more recent pictures have been fine. Good job with the Blazing Orange!

Thanks!
I've decided actually not to bother with the colour correction. I did use the Microsoft picture editor for some of the latest photos but it made them look worse than they did before IMO.

Arhalien
04-05-2007, 18:03
Hi, me again

I've added some orange highlights and ink washes to my Farseer's robes and am very please with the result. I still haven;t tidied up the ink wash but I still think it looks good (but then I am biased)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Farseer/Farseerorangehighlightsfront.jpg

I also have a good pciture of my best scorpion with the orange highlights.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20Army%20striking%20Scorpions/Scorpion2orangefront.jpg
and
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20Army%20striking%20Scorpions/Scorpion2orangeback.jpg

Let's see if this works then :)

Thanks for comments! Sorry it isn;t much, I haven't had much of a chacne to do anything else, and it';s hard to motivate myself to do just touching up jobs.

edit: it works!

schoolcormorant
04-05-2007, 18:09
photobucket FTW !!1|!!!

ahem...

the orange highlights are doing you proud, i've always liked the sharp approach to the robes and you've pulled it off, well done mate :)

SC

Firestorm Falcon
04-05-2007, 18:14
Great work on the red robes, crisp and clean the grey cape looks... worse in comparison (***).

Arhalien
04-05-2007, 18:19
@SC: Thanks :D

@Firestorm: The grey was painted a while ago and really needs some work. I may get around to it at some point, but I'm not sure ;)

Luthien
04-05-2007, 18:46
i do like that seer, but how many scorps do you want :D
they also look good, just in case you got a little offended

Arhalien
04-05-2007, 19:06
@ Luthien; there are only 6 scorps; I just keep reposting pictures of them ;)

Arhalien
05-05-2007, 10:06
I'm nothing if not prompt ;)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Farseer/Farseerorangeandgreyfront.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Farseer/Farseerorangeandgreyside.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Farseer/Farseerorangeandgreyback2.jpg

I've repainted the grey and the red cloak on the seer. The contrast on the grey isn;t as great as the pictures show.

Thanks for comments!

schoolcormorant
05-05-2007, 11:47
looks awesome mate, well done, i'm glad you've mastered the sharp highlight :)

SC

Nocturn
05-05-2007, 17:24
First off, falcon, group shot and a couple of guardians. A couple more pics to come in the next post.

hmm..
how about some highlighting on them?
here is a pic of mine.
maybe it inspires a bit, but so far, good job :)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s111/Sepherato/P1000922eldarpanzer.jpg

Arhalien
06-05-2007, 10:38
hmm..
how about some highlighting on them?
here is a pic of mine.
maybe it inspires a bit, but so far, good job :)

Ermmmm... There are 10 more pages after those first pics. I have highlighted since then :p

Nice tanks btw ;)

2XS
06-05-2007, 10:58
Ermmmm... There are 10 more pages after those first pics.

LOL

Very nice work so far! I really like them.

Andy

Nocturn
06-05-2007, 18:44
Ermmmm... There are 10 more pages after those first pics. I have highlighted since then :p

Nice tanks btw ;)
em.
wooops ^^"
now i've seen them, sorry Arhalien.

everything's looking good so far, what about an Avatar?, or better: paint one now :P

Firestorm Falcon
06-05-2007, 20:20
Wow nice falcon Nocturn.

That seer's looking crisp Arhalien.

Arhalien
07-05-2007, 10:01
@2XS, Firestorm: Thanks :D

@Nocturn: Don't worry about it, it was a nice change from the ordinary :p. I probably won't be getting an avatar; not entirely sure why (I could probably add something to the fluff to justify it) but I don't really like the idea of using a fragment of a god; bit too much like a special character which I also don't like using. My second HQ will be a jetbike autarch at some point in the near future, although it will be one of the last things I get.

Speaking of fluff I will write it one day. I have it mostly planned out in my head but I just never seem to have time to write it down. Maybe once I've finished my GCSEs...
Or maybe not...

Youi'll just have to see :p

Nocturn
07-05-2007, 15:44
ok arhalien, i will follow this thread ;-)
hmm...
if u wanna have a tip or something, let me now.
I've also some eldar, but can not take pictures at the mo
btw i'd like to see some progress :P

Arhalien
07-05-2007, 18:17
This not progress enough? :rolleyes:

Things may be a bit quiet for a while. I won;t be able to get anything new for a while; as I've already mentioned I'm converting a vet. regiment of Silver Helms this Half term and need to save up a bit for that. When I do get something new it will be another War Walker.

On the subject of War Walkers I've decided that I;m not going to bother gluing the weapons on the next one; have just got the first gun mount pinned into place the other one hsa broken off :mad: Ah well, what happens happens...

Sorry, rambling over ;)

schoolcormorant
07-05-2007, 18:32
200posts!

any chance of a close-up of the weapon mount for the walker? i've heard about it but not seen it...

SC

Arhalien
07-05-2007, 18:37
Hmmm... Maybe tomorrow.

The weapon is stuck onto a mount semicircular in top down profile. THis is then stuck into the maiun body by way of a cylkindrical piece of plastic. In both cases it's the plastic join that has broken, making it very hard to stick it back on properly without pinning... and I don;t have a pin vice. I managed to get the first one done in GW (one of the useful things there; helpful redshirts :)) and I'll hopefully be able to do the same thing with this one.

Firestorm Falcon
08-05-2007, 21:21
Unlucky Arhalien,
I only use my vice for pilot holes now (a small power drill gets the job done much quicker :) ).

Arhalien
11-05-2007, 20:07
For those of you who are still interested in the weapon joints on the War Walker (you sad people :p) here are some pics.
The fiexed one:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20War%20Walkers/Wawalkerbrokenwep2.jpg
And the broken one:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20War%20Walkers/Warwalkerbrokenwep1.jpg
Which is pathetic; sorry! You should get the picture though.

I should hopefully get it fixed in GW tomorrow; one good thing about being in a GW store; the redshirts can be ruddy useful ;)

Firestorm Falcon
12-05-2007, 09:24
That looks particularly annoying. I'll see you in GW today then.

Arhalien
12-05-2007, 17:52
That looks particularly annoying. I'll see you in GW today then.

I saw you and forgot to get that fixed! :(

Firestorm Falcon
13-05-2007, 11:03
I guess you'll be in again today then. :)

Arhalien
13-05-2007, 14:24
I guess you'll be in again today then. :)

Errmmm, has your question been answered? :p

Oh, and have a look at the Watchman rumour thread; we now have some confirmation of the HE book's special characters (a book which is now finished :D :D)

Arhalien
14-05-2007, 20:57
In an attempt to use up some of the bits floating around my room atm I;ve bashed together another Dire Avenger Exarch to give me a bit of choice. I still haven;t got around to adding the basing sand but that should happen soon.

So, pics.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Dire%20Avengers/Exarchtwincatsunpaintfront.jpg
and
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Dire%20Avengers/Exarchtwincatsunpaintback.jpg
Sorry that they're a bit blurry

Painting should start next week maybe, when I'm on exam leave. A bit busy this weekl with a Drama exam coming up :eek:

Luthien
14-05-2007, 21:30
ahh dire avengers, my favourite aspect warriors :D

Arhalien
14-05-2007, 21:32
ahh dire avengers, my favourite aspect warriors :D

Got a fair few of them sitting around somewhere in this log ;) (ok, only 10 but you get my meaning :))

Dominus Ex Machina
14-05-2007, 21:53
Hey I don't like this at all! You make the silly space elves look good!

Just kidding (not about the looking good part though), I've been skimming through some of the pages here and I like the work you've done so far. Keep it up!

Arhalien
15-05-2007, 13:34
Hey I don't like this at all! You make the silly space elves look good!

Just kidding (not about the looking good part though), I've been skimming through some of the pages here and I like the work you've done so far. Keep it up!

Thanks Dominus (I'll choose to ignore the first comment for now... :p) :D

Bezgral
16-05-2007, 20:46
i love that dire avenger and cant wait to see it painted should look amazing

Arhalien
16-05-2007, 20:49
Thanks Bezgral and welcome aboard :D
I look forward to seeing your ogres on here when you get that second post :p

The avenger should be painted byt maybe next Wednesday (have an English lit exam on Tusday so that gets in the way a bit; dashed irritating what?) ;)

Rictus
16-05-2007, 21:09
Annoyingly I have waited till the Log has got to page 11 before thinking 'hmm, Eldar, musthave a look at that...'. Only gone back four pages so far but thought I would say they are looking very nice, especially the Seer, he is very spiffy. I look forward to seeing what else you do, as well as going back over the other pages to see what you have already done.

Arhalien
16-05-2007, 21:19
Thanks Rictus; The Farseer has evolved slowly over quite a while; you should see it devolving as you go back through to log ;)

Firestorm Falcon
17-05-2007, 16:51
Nice Exarch Arhalien i've just done a similar thing but I used the pistol arm 'cause it looks cooler.

Vimes
21-05-2007, 13:34
How about an update of your Exarch:)
Please :)

Deadleyheadley
21-05-2007, 13:50
All theses Eldar is making me want to paint some of mine :) keep up the cool work and im looking forward to seeing the Dire avenger painted :)

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
21-05-2007, 18:31
O.O Me luv dis treed lots!

Arhalien
21-05-2007, 19:37
Nice Exarch Arhalien i've just done a similar thing but I used the pistol arm 'cause it looks cooler.

Not a huge fan of that pistol myself; mounting it on the arm just makes it look even more oversized than it is IMO.

How about an update of your Exarch:)

I have an English lit exam tomorrow morning then exam leave for a while before the next exam. I should prime it tomorrow and maybe start work in the afternoon.

All theses Eldar is making me want to paint some of mine :-) keep up the cool work and im looking forward to seeing the Dire avenger painted

:eek: My log has been visited by the great Deadley! Thanks for commenting and I look forward to seeing some of your Eldar (does this mean you're turning away from Imperial armies? :p)

O.O Me luv dis treed lots!

Erm, I'm not sure I speak Orkish but I'm guessing that's good :p

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
21-05-2007, 20:36
Damn straight its good! You just made me play eldar, you fiend!:angel:

Arhalien
21-05-2007, 20:49
Damn straight its good! You just made me play eldar, you fiend!:angel:

Another one converted to the cause of the Craftworlds :evilgrin:

;)

Arhalien
22-05-2007, 20:52
Progress! (let nobody say that I'm a slow worker, except when it's true ;))

The Exarch is finished (sort of, forgot the touching up so that'l be done tomorrow). THe pictures are a little darker than they should be in an attempt to maintain some of the detail in the picture, but I think it looks passable.

Tad disappointed with him myself; I feel that some of the highlights are a bit thick and could be smoother (curse it, I'm becoming a perfectionist!).
Anyway, enough babbling:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Dire%20Avengers/DAtwin-catexarchfront.jpg
and
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Dire%20Avengers/DAtwin-catexarchback.jpg

Gah, the bane of Warseer! The picture limit! :mad: (this one just added so I don;t look like a fool for not using up all picture slots)

edit: hmm, those pics aren;t as good as I thought.

Arhalien
22-05-2007, 20:57
I've also finished the base of the EML (finally!) and tried some free-hand writing on the base. My first major attempt really so it's not great, but anyway.

Pics:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Guardians/EMLbase.jpg
and
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Guardians/FinalEML.jpg

Thanks for any comments :D

jasevx
23-05-2007, 07:42
very smooth on the red, really vibrant! like them all round

Arhalien
23-05-2007, 09:48
Thanks Jasevx. :D

The photos haven;t shown the red as well as I would have liked so I've taken a few more photos and this is IMO the best for showing the highlights on the red. Unfortunately it then makes all the other highlgiths appear far blockier than they are. I'll try taking some pics outside this afternoon as it's a lovely day; that may help.
Picture:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20army%20Dire%20Avengers/ExarchTwincatfrontwhite.jpg
(note to self, stop using the blue background; the white seems to work much better ;))
Also, I need some advice about paint stripping. I need to stip 2 silver helms before Saturday and a redshirt has recommended Dettol. I presume that you use this by spraying it on, leaving it then scrubbing off with a toothbrush, am I right? Is this a good method to use?
Thanks!

Firestorm Falcon
23-05-2007, 19:20
That exarch looks cool except the plume looks a little flat (it could just be the pics).

As for dettol I use the stuff in a pot and pour it into a tub, over the top of the models. Leave for a while (it doesn't seem to harm the plastic) then remove any paint left on with a toothbrush and some industrial hand cream (I used "dabs".

They come out like this (they smell like hell though :) )
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p180/cry-of-the-wind/strippedmodels002.jpg

Arhalien
23-05-2007, 20:39
That exarch looks cool except the plume looks a little flat (it could just be the pics).

As for dettol I use the stuff in a pot and pour it into a tub, over the top of the models. Leave for a while (it doesn't seem to harm the plastic) then remove any paint left on with a toothbrush and some industrial hand cream (I used "dabs".

Erm, how long do you leave it for? My current efforts ahve left the models with the basecoat intact and a black gunk over the model which has destroyed an old tooth brush and a pair of rubber gloves. I think this was because I didn;t leave the model there for long enough, so I've put a few of the models I've already done back in the pot to leave until 9pm (I put them in there before 8) and hopefully that will get rid of it.
Bloody annoying and I'm rethinking the High Elf repainting project of this summer.

Arhalien
27-05-2007, 18:14
Erm, sort of update

I've bought some rangers (got the date of the vet regiment converting thing wrong, can;t make it in on Monday when it is so couldn;t be bothered to buy the Helms).
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20Army%20Pathfinders/Rangersunpainted.jpg
I'll probably still try and paint strip the rest of the Helms unit and take part with that on Saturday, so that'll be my painting for this week instead of the pathfinders I'm afraid. This is a test model (very rough as it's painted straight over the old scheme) the colours, stolen from Alenui (thanks! ;))
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/High%20Elves/Spearelfredandbronzefront.jpg
and
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/High%20Elves/Spearelfredandbronzefront.jpg
Any opinions?

Thanks!

asmodai_dark86
27-05-2007, 18:35
Aye Arhelian I know the feeling, although by the sounds of it hand-cream is the secret...

Arhalien
27-05-2007, 18:36
Hmm, the only Hand-cream I have available in large quantities is Chickweed cream, although there may be some other stuff floating around somewhere.

Firestorm Falcon
28-05-2007, 11:43
The sceme looks nice but
[Zombie:voice] join usssssss reddd spearss reddd spearsss![/Zombie:voice]
:)

Anyway, hand cream cleans the gunk off the model quite well. You might want to wear old clothes 'cause the black gunk seems to got everywhere, rubber cloves are a must too.

Arhalien
28-05-2007, 19:45
No! Not the Red Spear Syndrome! I shall resist! ;)

I've finally managed to get most of the gunk of the Helms I was stripping. One of the main problems was that there was a lot of gunk on the gloves which kept getting transferred to the model. A combination of a wire scourer, soapy water, and holding the models in the palm of my hadn seemed to solve that one.
The command group is now soaking, and I may try the handcream solution on them. Any type of handcream better than others?

This paint stripping is a real pain.

Wayfarer
28-05-2007, 22:12
An overnight bath in a tub of simple green and a nice scrub with an old firm bristle toothbrush and warm water has always served me well. It has it's trouble removing primer out of corners and cracks though. I never thought of using something like a degreaser hand-cream. I used to use Go-Jo (orange smell and works like a charm) a lot when I did all of my own car work and I suppose that could work pretty well.

Keep fighting the good fight. (painting Eldar)

DigitsDavid
28-05-2007, 22:20
Looking forward to seeing the rangers done mate. What colour scheme are you giving them? Have you thought of ordering the mail order only figure too before you start them so as to paint them all together?

Captain_Wolverine
29-05-2007, 02:17
Looks like we are doing the same models oohh wonder if they will look the same.

Arhalien
29-05-2007, 18:38
:mad: Gah, lost connection after I'd written the reply; I'm sure I copied it! :mad:

An overnight bath in a tub of simple green and a nice scrub with an old firm bristle toothbrush and warm water has always served me well. It has it's trouble removing primer out of corners and cracks though. I never thought of using something like a degreaser hand-cream. I used to use Go-Jo (orange smell and works like a charm) a lot when I did all of my own car work and I suppose that could work pretty well.

Keep fighting the good fight. (painting Eldar)

I'll probably use something different to Dettol in the future; it's been a real pain.
Any idea whether Vaseline would work instead of hand-cream?

Looking forward to seeing the rangers done mate. What colour scheme are you giving them? Have you thought of ordering the mail order only figure too before you start them so as to paint them all together?

The scheme will be blue armour, black gloves, grey weapons and brown cloaks. I'd forgotten about the mail order only ranger, but I'm only planning to have a squad of 5, and have no real need for him; nice though he is.

Looks like we are doing the same models oohh wonder if they will look the same.

Ooh, I look forward to seeing your rangers; they are very nice models :)
Ours probably won;t look the same though (see above ;))

Continued next post because of image limit.

Arhalien
29-05-2007, 18:39
Anyway, technically off-topic but what the hell. I've finished the fist of the Helms that I'd paint stripped. A few things I;m not too please about (see if you can spot them), but overall I like him.
Pictures:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/High%20Elves/SHrepaintedoneside.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/High%20Elves/SHrepainted1front.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/High%20Elves/SHrepainted1.jpg
and just for contrast:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/High%20Elves/SHunrepainted-1.jpg

Thanks for any comments!

Captain_Wolverine
29-05-2007, 19:08
Well a great improvement from what they were before.

schoolcormorant
29-05-2007, 19:12
yup, Captain is right, waaay better.

but in a sci-fi log? sir, i'll have you trounced if this continues:D

SC

Arhalien
29-05-2007, 19:19

SC

Thanks both of you :D

Can you suggest another place for them to go though SC? I felt that after all my complaining about the paint stripping it was only fair to show you the results ;).

Arhalien
30-05-2007, 18:39
In order to placate SC a bit here#s some 40k stuff, first pathfinder is done:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20Army%20Pathfinders/Pathfinder1front.jpg
and
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Eldar%20Army%20Pathfinders/Pathfinder1back.jpg

Thanks for comments!

Luthien
30-05-2007, 22:01
nice but how come it's blue

schoolcormorant
30-05-2007, 22:48
highlighting on the coat is class....just class

SC

Ross
30-05-2007, 23:32

SC

At least they've still got pointy ears too :evilgrin:

Great work here Arhalien, I never really got into the Eldar, stopped at 750points, but your stuff may nearly tempt me to build on 'em.

Laan
31-05-2007, 02:00
Im liking the look so far, i must admit the heads are very reminiscent of the Executioners of the DEs, may just be the facemask. The backpack is the only sperate component on the ranger isnt it?

Firestorm Falcon
31-05-2007, 09:24
The ranger's cloak is very nice, as is the whole model actually. On the SH a great improvement and the scheme works well. Is one of the things you don't like the fact the hooves blend in with the base.

jasevx
31-05-2007, 09:49
amazing highlighting, what more can be said?