PDA

View Full Version : archaon in the horde

sphincter man
25-01-2007, 20:23
hey guys,

I know this probably sounds stupid but i found an Archaon army list in GW with no Archaon in it and i was just wondering if Archaon has to actually be in the army for it to count as Archaon's horde.

thnx in advance for any help!:D :D

Wings of Doom
25-01-2007, 20:27
The Archaons Horde SOC list only requires Archaon or Crom when playing the halting the tide scenario. You can, however, still take them in the list when not playing this scenario.

Think of it in this manner- if you have 50 people playing 2000 point warbands of this horde, Archaon couldn't possibly lead every one into every battle.

sphincter man
25-01-2007, 20:30
ok thanks, just making sure because i wanted to use the "16 warriors have free full command" thing.

Mephistofeles
25-01-2007, 22:07
So you use a themed list because it gives you a un-motivated bonus over the "regular" list, and not because you think it's fluff-wise cooler or you want to build a themed army?

I want to go over to personal attacks now, dear warseer inquisition, let me!

FlylikeaMouse
25-01-2007, 23:10
I only use the list if im going to benefit from units. Besides i'll be damned if i dont get to use my flayerkin models.

loveless
25-01-2007, 23:37
I see no problem in using a list that offers you easier access to the units you like...

If you want a better Horde while using lots of Warriors, the Archaon's Horde list just makes more sense.

Winterkampf
26-01-2007, 20:19
Yup. Flayerkin rule. I just hope they get integrated in the new Army list!

sphincter man
28-01-2007, 22:52
yeah, I only see how to convert flayerkin models on the website and in the army list but there is no definite "model" for them. I suppose this is a good thing seeing as u can be really creative and make a really nice model from scratch but if u want to build up a quick group of flayerkins it could be a bit annoying!

Makarion
29-01-2007, 08:38
Of course, chances are that the Archaeon's Horde will be discontinued from this summer onwards, when the new campaign starts.