15 WoC, Chosen, Additional Weapons, Standard Bearer, Champion, Tzeentchian

15 WoC, Additional Weapons, Standard Bearer,Champion Tzeentchian

20 Marauders, Flails, Light Armour, Standard Bearer

---- Controversial Part ----

Hell Cannon 270

Total = 1998

theDarkGeneral
25-01-2007, 23:42
You're going to have a hard time...the Tomb Kings Magic is basically relentless...their Spells are ALWAYS casted, NEVER miscasted and NEVER Irresistible...really depends on what kind of Tomb King list, but this is one of the few times I'd recommend the Staff of Change...being able to re-roll failed Dispels is big...a Power Familiar is good or the Staff of Sorcery...if your Army can get there, you might do well, but beware the Screaming Skull Catapults and the Casket of Souls...lack of speed is going to hurt...Chaos Furies, Screamers of Tzeentch are highly recommended...

Hope this helps...

dominic_carrillo
25-01-2007, 23:51
brother, if your goingto face the pride of the shifting sands, your going to have to come with more than one level two wizard. i would try to squeeze in a level four if you can manage

Negativemoney
26-01-2007, 12:06
If you are playing a Tzeentch army you must and I mean must have a Lord with the Staff of Change atlest 2 Exalteds and play MSU style with your untis. I would suggest taking 2 guys on Chariots a Big block of Warriors 2 units of 3 Minitaurs and some Horrors to start. You need to be able to get off atleast 6-8 spells a tunr with your army for to be effective.

When playing Tzeentch always rember that fear & terror >>>> MoT. you need all your opponents units to be at a smaller size than you or you will be running right off the board.

Wings of Doom
26-01-2007, 16:28
I would drop the hellcannon, simply becasue its loses a whole lot of bonus' when playing Tomb Kings- no pie plate panic, and terror not really doing anything, plus its extortionate points value.
I would drop it and make some points for a lord. The leadership bonus and extra dispel dice are essesntial, plus re-rolling dispels if you take the staff of change.
Screamers are better than the Exalted champion for mage hunting- they are cheaper, faster and can do pretty much the exactly same thing. Keep the Champion, however, but drop thekit and take a power familiar (etra dispel dice).
Personally I would drop the second unit of knights and if you have the points bolster the warriors. The warriors definatly need shields, as the Tomb Kings can actually pack out alot of firepower a turn, and personally I prefer halberds over additional hand weapons, as they'll give you a boost against undead constructs,even though additional handweapons are statistically slightly better-

5 Chosen with Additional Hand Weapons against Skeletons
15 attacks, 2/3 hit- 10
2/3 wound- 6.6

5 Chosen with Halberds against Skeletons
10 Attacks, 2/3 hit- 6.6
2/3 wound- 5.5

Or you could just go for shields/hand weapon, which is alot cheaper and really just as good.

FlylikeaMouse
26-01-2007, 19:13
OK, rewrite done. Dropped the cannon. I think i might be a bit heavy on characters though. Im not playing any chariots/screamers/horrors because i dont have the models. Ive only just started building on Tzeentch. I usually play Slaanesh and i know these would be good with thier immunity but i need a change.

Lord, Tzeentch, Disc, Staff of Change.

Aspiring champion - in with WoCs
Tzeentch, 2x Dispel Scroll

14 WoC, Tzeentch. Halberds, Standard.

15 WoC, Chosen, Halberds, Standard.

5 KoC, Chosen, Tezeentch, Standard.

5 KoC, Standard.

20 Marauders, Flails, Light Armour, Standard.

10 Marauders, musician.
55 - Bait

5 Marauder Horsemen, Flails.
75 - Bait

Total - 2000

Better??

Negativemoney
26-01-2007, 20:21
You are going to want a Golden Eye of Tzeentch on your lord or else he will be blasted out of the skies.

Minataurs > Marauders for Tzeentch.

asrian
27-01-2007, 02:46
The most glaring thing that I see is the lack of musicians in your army. Of all the Chaos Marks Tzeentch, to me, seems to have the most trouble with fear causers (Slaanesh is Immune, Nurgle causes Fear, Khorne is Frenzied, and Undivided gets rerolls). Taking an item that gives you a better chance of rallying (+1 Ld) in case you break just seems like a smart bet to me, especially since a musician can't be lost to a challenge like a champion, or dropped/lost due to fleeing like a standard bearer. Add to that a musician's ability to give +1 CR in the event that there is a tie in combat (provided the opponent doesn't have a musician of their own) and it's gravy, especially if facing fear causers who might have a musician and potentially win combat by with it when you don't, thus auto-breaking you.