PDA

View Full Version : Bad Spearmen Head fix up!

TKitch
26-01-2007, 00:16
It's aparently going to be *very* easy to fix the bad face dillemma for the Spearmen.

Buy some Pistoliers!

There are 17 different heads in the box, and they look pretty damned awesome!

So, you take the few good heads from the state troop box, and add the spares from a pistolier box, you should have enough for 25-30 troops flat out!

Dillemma solved!

Poisonpen
26-01-2007, 00:24
I actually already posted this as my plan in the poll about whether you like/dislike the new empire models, and I am sure somebody probably posted it before me as well. Anyway, I have boat loads of outrider heads left over so they are going on my Swordsmen to make them look seasoned and, well... you know: WS4. :p

It is a sound idea though, unless you don't have any outrider or pistoliers in your army to begin with. 22$ for better heads is not such a hot deal. :D

TKitch
26-01-2007, 00:28
No, but combine the 17 heads with the 36(!!!) pistols you get in there!

You get some FUN fodder to play with!

m1s1n
26-01-2007, 00:30
Okay--I don't play Empire and haven't been following this.
Bad Head?
Can someone explain?

bluesky322
26-01-2007, 03:18
yes pls explain i havnt heard this one and i play empire

ORKY ARD BOYZ
26-01-2007, 03:57
The new empire state troops's heads are considered by some to be... distasteful, basically they look like monkeys. :p

Poisonpen
26-01-2007, 04:31
The new empire state troops's heads are considered by some to be... distasteful, basically they look like monkeys. :p

That is it in a nutshell, and while I do not agree for the most part, some of the heads are pretty bad. Nothing a little selective mix-n'-match wouldn't fix though (as posted above), it is also a good point that they mix very well with the ranged-state troops, so if you have spare heads from those sprues you could always opt to use them in place of the Dr. Zaius standards. :D

chrisbailey
26-01-2007, 04:36
hey thanks for the tip

Reflex
26-01-2007, 04:58
this sounds interesting... so the spearmen heads just look terrible full stop eh? so they not only look bad (like monkeys) but are thy out of scale with the rest of the mini?

i am eger to see new empire conversions... i am seeing alot of those rocket battery things popping up here and there.. some look very good too..

but i would like to see these pistolier spearmen.. hehehe :p

Poisonpen
26-01-2007, 05:22
this sounds interesting... so the spearmen heads just look terrible full stop eh? so they not only look bad (like monkeys) but are thy out of scale with the rest of the mini?

i am eger to see new empire conversions... i am seeing alot of those rocket battery things popping up here and there.. some look very good too..

but i would like to see these pistolier spearmen.. hehehe :p

Some people feel very strongly about this, but I do not see the heads as all that bad really. There are no scale issues I can see, and I feel only a few of the heads are legitimately bad.

I don't know if this has ever happened to you but I feel this way about many sprues. You know there is always that one head you -hate- to use, but the rest are fine and dandy? That is the same thing I feel here. A few monkeys mixed in with otherwise 'meh' heads (which is good, being soldiers and all).

I only plan to substitute the heads of my swordsmen with those of outriders, and that is only so they actually look different from the other 80-some infantry I have at 1500. (Averland 'horde' ftw :p)

dirach.
26-01-2007, 11:38
I didn't notice any bad monkey heads. But I found that many of them had character.

Reflex
26-01-2007, 22:05
I didn't notice any bad monkey heads. But I found that many of them had character.

character, monkey head, its all the same... :D

i cant comment, i havent seen a close up of them... yet... ;)

TKitch
26-01-2007, 22:24
Some of the heads are quite bad.

But I am a big fan of a lot of the Pistolier ones. And they've got cooler helmets!

bluesky322
26-01-2007, 22:40
k ill guess ill have to go find i pic of this monkey head

swordwind
26-01-2007, 23:26
When they look more inbred than the race that is supposed to be made of inbred hicks, you know something had gone wrong.

blahblahblah
26-01-2007, 23:31
If you can get a hold of the january issue of White Dwarf (UK) it has pictures of all the parts in the new plastic boxes shown and painted, it really shows off the ugly infantry mugs :)