PDA

View Full Version : 3000pts Bretonnians

Reflex
26-01-2007, 12:05
(to start off i want to make sure people know that not all these are my models, however, i am borrowing them because of a mega fun event coming up at this gaming club)

Ok there is a fun event coming up at z gaming club i attend every so often. I cant wait for it (on sunday). its a Game of Good V Evil. Its going to be huge with 30000 points aside.

now i am not sure which other armies are coming as of yet, but i know that there is going to be 6000 points of bretts on the table. (the 2 bret armies, one semi mine and the other a kind person letting me handle his models)

the good side is Bretts, Empire, Elves (Wood and high) Lizardmen and dwarfs.

the Evil side is pretty much the rest.

so down to the list.

after talking to the other bret player it was decided that i am to be the firepower bret army, so 3 trebs, lots of pesant bowmen. i am pretty much the reserve brett army coming into play. so here is what has been advised, but i think i need some help on doing this as i am new(ish) to fantasy.

Battle Standard Bearer
Knights Vow
Barded Bretonnian Warhorse
Twilight Banner
Total: 99

Lords
Bretonnian Lord (Armies General)
Shield
Silver Lance of the Blessed
Virtue of the Knightly Temper
Total: 105

Prophetess of the Lady
Level 4 Wizard
Chalice of Malfleur
Holy Icon
Total: 271

Heros
Paladin
Questing Vow
Great Weapon
Virtue of Heroism
Gauntlet of the Duel
Total: 128

Damsel of the Lady
Level 1
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Total: 120

Damsel of the Lady
Level 1
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Damsel of the Lady
Level 1
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Core Units
Knights of the Realm (the BSB joins this unit)
11 Kights of the Realm
Full Command
Total: 288

Knights Errant
6 Knights Errant (Lord Joins the reckless errant knights)
Full Command
Total: 141

Pesant Bowmen
15 Pesant Bowmen (a Damsel joins this unit)
Total: 90

Pesant Bowmen

Pesant Bowmen

Pesant Bowmen
30 Pesant Bowmen
Skirmishers
Total: 210

Special Units
Questing Knights (paladin joins this unit)
11 Questing Knights
Full Command
Total: 335

Pegesus Knights
5 Pegesus Knights
Full Command
Total: 305

Mounted Yeomen
5 Mounted Yeomen (Prophetess of the lady joins this unit)
Total: 75

Rare Units
Field Trebuchet

Field Trebuchet

Field Trebuchet

This Totals to: 2976 points. If my math is correct (i am sure it is) this is good. because i still have 24 points to spare...i might upgrade a Yeoman.

anyway. do you think this can work as the fire supporting role for the other bret army which is going to be very very heavy cav... like say... a RAF army with lots of errant knights.

now i want to be sure that all my magic is fine.. now i am thinking it is, but can some one correct me if i am wrong about the wargear given (as in is it allowed rules wise??).

pretty much i am the magic of the bretonnians force. i am the other guy in the game... like this is one of my first games (number 10 i think, but whos counting:D )

so yeah dose it seem alright for the task at hand?

thanks in advance...

cheers

paspinall
26-01-2007, 15:15
well I;m not particularly experienced player of any army ut from what I can see.

The iteams and honour for your General is invalid the total comes to 105 points, too much is it not?

And I do note your Knight units are very large, I dont often see knightly units so big, especially bretonnians.

MadNinjaSkilz
26-01-2007, 15:22
I like some parts of your list - all those peasants are pleasant to see - but 6! dispel scrolls!? Why not just argee to not play with magic.

paspinall
26-01-2007, 15:26
Presumably those 6 Dispel scrolls are because th eother Bretonnian army will be taking none at all. which if its roughly the same size makes it 1 Dispel scroll per 1000 points of Bretonnians, not over much.

Reflex
26-01-2007, 23:02
well I;m not particularly experienced player of any army ut from what I can see.

The iteams and honour for your General is invalid the total comes to 105 points, too much is it not?

And I do note your Knight units are very large, I dont often see knightly units so big, especially bretonnians.

yeah its mean to... hehehe thanks. will edit.

yeah the other bret player is taking 2 lords and 5 paladins. the lords are decked out wit stuff, but the paladins are there just for spport in the knight units the join, mainly errant knights. so i am the one decked out on magic.

so not to overboard on the pesants.
i wanted to add 10 Men At Arms just for the heck of it, and make them charge a unit of chosen chaos knights. even make the champion of the unit challange the champion of the other unit.. just for a laugh.... should i drom a pegesi knight for this? it would add character.

i know there is going to be 3 Orc and goblin armies, going to be alot of giants.... so there is 9,000 pooints, a Ogre army, 12,000 points. 3 chaos armies and a clan skyre army.. so then there is 24,000 points... 2 unknown armies to go...

i think one will be dark elves and the other potentially to be a tomb king army...

any advice on what i should specifically target with my pesant hoard?
thanks

dominic_carrillo
27-01-2007, 03:47
where are the Gay Ol' Knights? that's what i call the Grail Knights. But Seriously, where are they?

Reflex
27-01-2007, 06:57
a unit of grail knights would mean one less trebuche... so instead of having 6 (yes, we are both maxing out on trebs. i found out today.) trebs that would only be 5.

that and we dont have the models (excuses excuses i know).

but seriously... they are to exspensive in a sense... it would mean less archers for something that will get targeted above all others and most likly die in a turn or 2...

they are good, dont get me wrong... and fairly cheap for what they are... but were just not taking them.

dominic_carrillo
28-01-2007, 00:21
dont be a dork. please. Grail knights rule and you need to have them.
Trebuchets suck. chances are that youll kill more with the grail knights then all of those war machines combined.

Reflex
28-01-2007, 04:12
i am good with my guess range weapons...

BTW its just the end of turn 3, and were taking a break. its been going for 7 hours so far....

so far my 3 trebuchets (9 stones in total) have all hit, and taken out over 3000 points of orcs... one unit gets smashed and runs, the 2 units of gobbos next to it run.

its been a very funny game... there was 32 wizards intotal (16 a side.. kinda funny) and 20 of them have died through mist casts!!!! none of mine thank god. there has been some incredibly BAD rolling today.

another funny thing was the other bretonnian player had a unit of 30 men at arms for 150 points. they had a task of holding the path between the 2 mountains for a turn, after 2 turns of bloody combat, there is 3 Men at Arms left!!!! still going strong.. snake eyes!

all seems to be oging well.. its very even atm so there is no clear victor. (ba my trebuchets! they are awsome!)