PDA

View Full Version : 2000 nurgle archaons horde

sphincter man
26-01-2007, 17:48
Hi guys,
Here is an Archaon's Horde with the mark of nurgle.

I just made this list up because i have about a quarter of this so far (I just started up fantasy) and i want to see what i need to get next.

Critism is welcome on thae list (as long as it's constructive) and any idea's you guys have!

• Lord
Mark of Nurgle, Blade of Blood, sword of battle, Armor of Damnation, Daemon Steed, Shield,

• Hero
Exalted champion
Mark of Nurgle, Shield, Sword of Battle, biting blade, Talisman of Protection

• Core Units

• 5 Chosen Knights of Chaos
Full Command, Mark of Nurgle, standard

• 16 Chosen Warriors of Chaos
Free Command Upgrade, Shields, Mark of Nurgle, standard

• 16 Warriors of Chaos
Free Command Upgrade, Shields, Mark of Nurgle, Great Weapons, standard

• 25 Marauders of Chaos
Free Command Upgrade, Flails

• 8 Warhounds of Chaos

• 6 Warhounds of Chaos

Total: 1990

Lord goes with the Nights and the hero goes with the chosen warriors.
The warhounds will be use as a screen for the nights and the marauders will shield the warriors.

LemonPotato
26-01-2007, 18:52
The list looks good to me, the only thing I can find wrong with it is that your characters each have 2 magic weapons whereas they can only take 1.

Other then that it is a good ahrd hitting list, good luck,

LemonPotato

sphincter man
26-01-2007, 19:39
omg i missed that, thanks, trying to fill up all the points :rolleyes:
so i'll change that. anything else u guys can think of will would be much appreciated

Makarion
26-01-2007, 19:45
Units need a rank of at least 5 wide, so even with characters, a unit of 16 chaos warriors is awkward.

I would suggest dropping the regular chaos warriors altogether and replacing them with 5-6 marauder horsemen with flails. Strip the hounds down to 5-model units, drop the chosen warriors to 14 (5*3 once you include a character), add a warbanner, and use leftover points for a 3rd hound unit, or more marauders (whether on foot or horse).

As to items, you could consider the enchanted shield instead of the regular one on your hero. That, and drop one of the swords. Even if he has 4 arms, he can use only one magic weapon at a time :). A great weapon is a cheap alternative, and if he has a decent ward save might work out well.

Mind, I am not familiar with the intricacies of the specific list you are using, so Archaon's Horde might put me in my place.... but as generic advice it stands :).

sphincter man
26-01-2007, 19:47
ok, thanks

sphincter man
26-01-2007, 20:34
Ok, I have taken into account some of you ideas (and some of my own) and have decided to go for this:

• Lord
Mark of Nurgle, great Weapon, Shield, Daemonic Mount, Blade of Blood, Sword of Battle, Armor of Tortured Souls

• Hero
Exalted champion
Mark of Nurgle, Great Weapon, Shield, Sword of Might, Death’s Head

• Core Units

• 5 Chosen Knights of Chaos
Full Command, Mark of Nurgle, standard

• 16 Chosen Warriors of Chaos
Free Command Upgrade, Shields, Mark of Nurgle, Great Weapons, Standard

• Chariot of Chaos
Mark of Nurgle

• 5 Marauder Horsemen of Chaos
Spears, Throwing Axes, Shields, Full Command

• 25 Marauders of Chaos
Free Command Upgrade, Flails

• 5 Warhounds of Chaos

• 5 Warhounds of Chaos

• 5 Warhounds of Chaos

• 5 Warhounds of Chaos

(Could swap 2 units of warhounds for a spawn.)

Total: 1993

FlylikeaMouse
26-01-2007, 20:48
• Lord
Mark of Nurgle, great Weapon, Shield, Daemonic Mount, Blade of Blood, Sword of Battle, Armor of Tortured Souls

He cant hold a great Weapon + Blade of Blood + Sword of Battle. Only one of them at a time.

• Hero
Exalted champion
Mark of Nurgle, Great Weapon, Shield, Sword of Might, Death’s Head

Again, only the Sword of might OR a Great Weapon

Bump the chaos warriors up to 18 (6x3) or 20 (5x4). You wont get any rank bonus in 4x4.

Irakaz
26-01-2007, 21:06
Id think about giving the exalted the filth mace and an enchanted shield. Id probably get rid of the deaths head as well and maybe give one unit the plague banner.

sphincter man
26-01-2007, 21:22
ok, i'll give the champion the filth mace, enchanted shield, and get rid of great weapon and sword of might.
lord: blade of blood and enchanted shield and get rid of great weapon and sword of battle.
I might bump it up to 18 but i'll keep the deaths head and move it somewhere else because i think it's good(take out a couple before i reach them, and crush them!!)
thanks again for the help

Sasha
27-01-2007, 11:21
16 warriors with a hero is fine, as you probably want to go 6 or 7 wide to maximise their fighting strength

backslide
27-01-2007, 13:08
you have no magical defense to speak of... a magic heavy army will tear you apart, a scroll cady is a good place to start to at least give u a chance to get close intact.

as it is a decent high elf, skaven or slaan list would start taking u to bits turn one.. my high elves would relish playing this list.

Makarion
28-01-2007, 05:52
Add any Empire army with warrior priests to that, more so if they have an Arch Lector as their general.

At 2,000 points, two dispel scrolls is likely a bare minimum, unless you have 2+ mages yourself and/or some static MR.

You could, by the way, consider changing the spears on your marauder horsemen to flails. Spears aren't bad, mind. I would suggest stripping them of the banner, since they will probably end up being a sacrificial unit. No point in giving away banners.

Last but not least, I would be tempted to put a war banner on your chosen warriors. You really can't afford them losing combat due to a lucky charge from knights or somesuch.

sphincter man
28-01-2007, 22:48
what would you suggest to get my magic resilliance up (i play a guy with a High Elves army - EEK -)

tyrion11482
28-01-2007, 23:58
along with the other remarks (mages ect) general with the knights? if hes on a demonic steed hes able to be picked out. i would get him a normal steed

Keatonk
29-01-2007, 03:38
Are you sure that you want mark of nurgle on most of your units? its pretty costly on the regiments and you could get somemore marauders by droping a few marks

sphincter man
29-01-2007, 22:26
yes. i figure that if i am playing a low leadership army i cant make them flee. but i suppose i'm in trouble iif i want to play against someone's high elf army (which my friend has.)

If i was playing against HE i would drop pretty much all the marks except the hero's and lord's because it gives them 1+ wound.

if i did that i would probable have about 100 or more points avaliable to spend on something like some marauders or i could beef up my chosen knight unit!

yeah, you made me think about that, thanks!

tyrion11482
01-02-2007, 04:26
[/QUOTE]
If i was playing against HE i would drop pretty much all the marks except the hero's and lord's because it gives them 1+ wound.

[/QUOTE]

An exalted of nurgle is way better than an elf lord his only prob is he has less pts on magic itmes although still really not a prob:skull: