PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarves and Cult of Slaanesh, are chaos?

namarie
16-07-2005, 15:32
I mean...

There are some things that "affect to Chaos". For instance the Ogre Kingdoms magic item "Brahmir Idol": all psychology test caused by the bearer of this item are -3Ld to Chaos and Skavens units.

Would it affect the Chaos Dwarves list? All the list, all but greenskins?
And would it affect Cult of Slaanesh? All the list, only Slaanesh units?

.-: Namarie :-.

Arnizipal
16-07-2005, 15:50
Chaos Dwarfs: all but the greenskins, as they don't worship Chaos and have their own pantheon.

Cult of Slaanesh: That's a bit tougher. It would obviously work on all marked units and the annoited, but the rest of the army (at least passivly) worships Slaanesh. They're a cult after all.
Then a gain, that is pure background, not rules. So unless you can find proof saying otherwise, I'd say only marked units/chaos units and sorceresses with slaanesh lore.

BloodiedSword
17-07-2005, 20:13
Arnizipal, is this because of something stated in the respective lists that you've decided on these, or purely on "common sense" grounds?

Arnizipal
17-07-2005, 20:43
Well, Chaos Dwarfs are just that, chaotic Dwarfs. So obviously they should suffer from anti-chaos weapons.

CoS marked units have the mark of Slaanesh and the Anointed is part daemon, making them Chaos troops.

That seems pretty logical to me.

samw
17-07-2005, 21:04
One could make the point that chaos dwarfs (on the whole) worship Hashut, not the Dark Gods the fluff for the item states, and so would not be affected. I would say any unit from the Hordes of Chaos or Beasts of Chaos list would be effected, no-one else. Anyway isn't this a moot point for CoS, as anything marked by slaanesh is immune to pyschology anyway?

Arnizipal
17-07-2005, 21:10
One could make the point that chaos dwarfs (on the whole) worship Hashut, not the Dark Gods the fluff for the item states, and so would not be affected. I would say any unit from the Hordes of Chaos or Beasts of Chaos list would be effected, no-one else. Anyway isn't this a moot point for CoS, as anything marked by slaanesh is immune to pyschology anyway?
I guess it depends on the description of the item. If it just says Chaos, it affects Chaos Dwarfs as well. If it says the Great Four (or somesuch) it doesn't.

I can imagine there are (or will be) magic weapons that do extra damage vs Chaos units, so I don't think it's a moot point. :)

Dedalus
19-07-2005, 16:45
Chaos Dwarves and Cult of Slaanesh, like Beastmen and a couple others, are 'flavors' of Chaos. Most people regard Mortals as the actual Chaos army.

Kind of like the Moaists and the Marxist-Lennists are flavors of communism (which is kind a suitable comparison lol).

Spoonie
21-07-2005, 07:11
I think the CoS list actually defines that the entire army is considered a "chaos" army for all intents and purposes, or at least defines which units do and do not count.

gortexgunnerson
24-07-2005, 19:07
Choas Dwarves are not choas and shouldn't be treated as such. Choas is a type of army and Choas Dwarves are a separate army type. If they combine the list as some rumours have suggested then yes they should be counted but its just a name. According to fluff the Elf civil war was caused by secret cult of slannessh meeting but it doesn't mean that all dark elves would be affected by these items.

Choas Dwarfs are mainly called that because dark Dwarfs sounds silly. On the issue of CoS I would say choas units and those with a mark of slannesh should be affected but the rest of the army should be immune

AKBandito
27-07-2005, 11:35
would affect anything from hordes+beasts of chaos, so only those units in the
cult of slaneesh, and would only affect chaos dwarfs if they can be substituted and mixed, just like hordes+beasts can be.
If u cant come to a decision on it with your opponent, i'd read the fluff on the item, what
the reason is for it giving -3 ld for chaos/skaven.

Festus
02-08-2005, 18:10
Hi

CoS is Chaos, as is the Belakor (Daemon) and the Archaon (Mortal) list, as is any army from the HoC or BoC lists.
Those lists state that they are chaos.

CDwarfs OTOH are not chaos nor Dwarfs in any of the rules relevant points:
Thy neither have Relentless, nor hate Greenskins, nor are followers of Chaos, nor Can receive MArks,...

The notable exception to this is (ruleswise) the Hellcannon Crew, as those are real Chaos and part of the CHaos army list(s)

Greetings
Festus

Kensai X
02-08-2005, 20:33
No... Cannon's are not Chaos they are imports sent by the dwarfs to help out Khorne because they owe him a dept (they also sent them Juggernauts) they are cannons that enslave daemons to the piece of artillery to make it more powerful...

Chaos Dwarfs really don't like chaos at all, they just have to help once in while or risk being annihalated.

Festus
02-08-2005, 20:37
Hi

This might be right from a fluff perspective, but I am talking rules here.
And within the framework of the rules, the Hellcannon and its Crew are chaos troops.

Greetings
Festus