PDA

View Full Version : Jomi Jabaal

Kiro
16-07-2005, 16:50
Whatever happened to this guy? Didn't he have the potential to be as powerful as the Emperor? Was he mentioned in later fluff, or did he just disappear?
For those who don't know who he is, Jomi Jabaal was a character in the old Death Wing novel who managed to take down a Dark Age of Technology titan, possessed by a greater daemon. Of course, he had the help of an Inquisitor and some space marines, but it was he who ultimately drove the daemon off.

As a side note, in the Inquisitor game, I had a character called Inquisitor Jabaal :D

Lord-Warlock
16-07-2005, 17:02
Never heard his name before this post. However - IIRC the Deathwing anthology falls into the Somewhat Outdated Fiction category shared by the Inquisitor novels, and thus the man might have been erased/ignored by GW as editions marched on...

Brimstone
16-07-2005, 17:15
It was a one off story so I wouldn't ever expect any follow up on it, good though.

The most notable thing about it was the laughable deletion of Grimm the squat from the newest version and his replacement by a tech-priest.

Kiro
16-07-2005, 17:19
The most notable thing about it was the laughable deletion of Grimm the squat from the newest version and his replacement by a tech-priest.

Really?!
What a travesty, I really liked Grimm!!!
Funny you should mention it though, because I was wondering, just the other day, if they would leave him in or not...

Brimstone
16-07-2005, 17:30
Well they left him in the Inqusition War series, hopefully because someone at GW pointed out how pathetic it was to try and re-edit history but probably because it was too difficult to edit him out.

Ruined the revisied edition for me.

Brusilov
16-07-2005, 22:14
They did mention all squats were dead. And it would have been difficult to explain how a techpriest would be a biker... :rolleyes:

There is a character of that kind of power magnitude in Daemonworld and it ruined the whole book for me (which was otherwise quite awesome to be frank), I hated this guy the minute I understood what it was, and most importantly what it could do (maybe it's also because he wiped the floor with six or seven of my beloved Word Bearers without so much as breaking a sweat).

Inquisitor Samos
17-07-2005, 05:12
" ...... Six or seven of my beloved Word Bearers...... " did you say?!?

Why, Brusilov, you do have a Radical streak in you, then, don't you? :evilgrin: