PDA

View Full Version : General Tank Shocking Question

sugarwookie
26-01-2007, 20:44
Can a unit be tank shocked by different vehicles? I know multi-unit vehicles only get one shot at it, but if one vehicle fails, can a different vehicle also try at this point assuming the tank shock unit passes the first drive by?

Thanks,

Wookie:chrome:

Shrike30
26-01-2007, 20:53
I'm pretty sure that since the entire unit moves at the same time, only one "Tank Shock" action comes out of their movement. When properly arranged, however, squadrons of vehicles could probably force an edge-hugging unit to move off the board solely based on the forced move away from the Shock.

sugarwookie
26-01-2007, 21:07
Yeah, I'm clear on that, but what if you tank shock a unit with a squad of truck boys and the unit you're rushing makes the roll and simply moves out of the way, then a unit of different truck boys tries the same tactic, does the unit I'm trying to tank shock have to make an additional roll because it was performed by a different unit with the tank shock ability, or does a unit only have to pass one roll a turn, no matter how many times they're run through?
I would think a unit would have to make a morale check with each different unit, but just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Thanks!

HiveFleetEzekial
26-01-2007, 22:02
this belongs in the RULES section....

and the TS happens on a unit by unit basis. if the first squad failed to TS an enemy unit, other units are free to attempt it still. even if the first unit managed to pull off the TS, other units could freely TS the enemy aftr them.