PDA

View Full Version : General Choice for a Chaos Army

paspinall
26-01-2007, 22:12
Hey guys, I am looking at a Chaos army list at the moment and I am wondering what people would suggest as a good General for a large (potentially very large) Chaos army. I do want the Core of the Army to be mortal so choices are:

Lord of Chaos
Exhalted Sorcerer
Daemon Prince with the Master of Mortals gift.

This is going to be an Undivided Army as then I can potentially collect small armies for each god and field the entire thing as one large army.

On a related but side question, is there anything stopping you giving a Daemon Prince Master of Mortals and Unliving Idol thus making both Mortals and Beasts Core choices?

Murderous Monkey
26-01-2007, 23:00
For a large Chaos army you'd want a Chaos Lord - the bonus leadership is too good to pass up - and you can always have an exalted sorcerer too (I assume you mean at least 3000 points by large).

For a 2000 point army many people prefer not to have a lord, since they're punishingly expensive and exalted champions can eliminate plenty of enemy lord choices in combat anyway.

I'd still have the Lord though... just so I could lovingly spend hourse painting it up. You might like to look at this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934) thread for some tips.

On a related but side question, is there anything stopping you giving a Daemon Prince Master of Mortals and Unliving Idol thus making both Mortals and Beasts Core choices?

Nope, but make sure you sell your first-born into slavery to do it... as it would probably be considered just as rude by most players.

Hywel
26-01-2007, 23:26
It's a fiendishly gittish idea, but I think combining Master of Mortals and Living Idol is worthy of a slap. Possibly legal but certainly not in the spirit of things.

My answer is simple: Paint yourself a sorceror, a combat character and a daemon character. Then you can see which you prefer while you field the others as hero levels of their character. My army regularly has a daemon prince followed by a sorceror and an exalted champ, just as it is seen with an exalted champ general, exalted daemon and sorceror...

kyussinchains
26-01-2007, 23:44
I tend to use either a chaos lord or a daemon prince, (more often a chaos lord) I dont like using lord level sorcerers as the general too oten, now you can potentially lose the guy to an unlucky miscast, it's too risky!

unless you're using tzeentch, in which case you dont need to worry about choosing between a lord and a sorcerer.

Neknoh
27-01-2007, 11:22
There was a Q&A saying that Master of Mortals and Unliving Idol could not be combined.

Hrmmm... seeing as you are going Undivided, a Chaos Lord (of the three) would be most feasible, if you were going Slaanesh, I'd have reckomended an Exalted Sorceror in a Chariot armed with the Daemonsword.

However, I would much rather preffer an Exalted Champion to be your general, then, use the Lord slot for a Beastlord with the mark of Khorne or Slaanesh and give him the Daemonsword, or a Beastlord with the mark of Tzeentch and the Staff of Change.

flagu
27-01-2007, 20:00
However, I would much rather preffer an Exalted Champion to be your general, then, use the Lord slot for a Beastlord with the mark of Khorne or Slaanesh and give him the Daemonsword, or a Beastlord with the mark of Tzeentch and the Staff of Change.

I agree that one. With exalted champion you get more or equaly powerful character than other races lords. And it's cheaper too. That doesn't matter so much (for me) that do you have two or three wounds.

I think there is only one reason to take lord. To get dragon in your army.