PDA

View Full Version : Defiler hull?

chabamkazam
27-01-2007, 04:53
Does anyone know the size of the defiler core body?... Im wanting to modify a defiler and put it in my SM army. I know this seems odd but I am working on the fluff and I was just trying to see if a dreadnaught body is the correct size to be put on it.

AventineCrusader
27-01-2007, 05:32
I don't have exact measurements, but the Defiler piece is slightly larger than the Dread torso. That said, I believe that the Dread body could be put on the Defiler legs and it would look pretty cool...

Crusader

Lord Humongous
27-01-2007, 05:39
The upper "box" that holds the battle cannon is basically a 2 inch cube. It not too different from a dread's upper body, though defiler's is more of a solid chunk vs a torso with arms.

chabamkazam
27-01-2007, 05:53
Sadly I want to expand the topic. Ok so how would you modify a defiler to have a dreadnaught hull as the main core and have the defiler cannon and the dreadnaught lascannons and missile?

Stella Cadente
27-01-2007, 07:03
I don't mean to steal the topic away, from you Chambamkazam, but on a similar note, will the defilers hole fit a Predator turret (aka Ghost in the shell tanks) just say yay or nay nothing more, so it doesn't go off topic.

But sounds like a cool idea, defiler legs dread body, could be interesting

lord_blackfang
27-01-2007, 07:38
I don't mean to steal the topic away, from you Chambamkazam, but on a similar note, will the defilers hole fit a Predator turret (aka Ghost in the shell tanks) just say yay or nay nothing more, so it doesn't go off topic.

The turret would fit perfectly in its right shoulder. If you mean replacing the entire "torso" then no.

Clang
27-01-2007, 17:52
Using the Dread torso to replace a Defiler upper Torso would be easy, but might look a little small unless you bulked it out somehow. And of course the weapon mounts might be a problem, depending on what you want this hybrid to 'count as'

Then using the leftover Defiler upper torso on top of the leftover Dread legs would be pretty easy to do and give an interesting 'dread'. It could look a bit topheavy, but I'm assuming you wouldn't be keeping the cannon, just the arms which shouldn't be too hard to convert to dread weapons

Shrike30
27-01-2007, 18:09
Hybridizing things like this is pretty easy if you simply remove the stud-socket pairing that's on the model when you get it (using a knife, file, or dremel) and replace them with a couple of magnets. Swapping stuff on and off should be dirt simple, after that (and would leave you with a model that could be reverted to it's original configuration, should you ever choose to).