PDA

View Full Version : O&G 2000pts. Savage waaagh!

mnyama
28-01-2007, 06:41
what do you think about this?

Lord & Heroes:

Savage orc warboss on warboar (Enchanted shield, Effigy of Mork, Warboss Imbad’s iron gnashas, spear) – 232 p.

Savage orc bigboss on warboar (shield, Bigged’s kickin’ boots, amulet of protectyness, spear) – 125 p.

Savage orc bigboss (choppa, BSB, Gork’s Waaagh banner) – 125 p.

Savage orc shaman (1 level, 2 dispel scroll) – 120 p.

Core:

30 savage orc big’uns (fc, two choppaz) – 390 p.

25 savage orc boyz (fc, choppa & shield) – 255 p.

6 spider riders – 78 p.

6 spider riders – 78 p.

6 spider riders – 78 p.

7 wolf riders (hand weapon only) – 84 p.

6 wolf riders (hand weapon only) – 72 p.

Special:

5 savage orc boar big’unz (spears & shields, fc, Nogg’s banner of butchery) – 203 p.

5 savage orc boar boyz (spears & shields, fc) – 163 p.

Total: 1998 p.
Models in army: 100

forgottenlor
28-01-2007, 14:40
As a theme army I love it. Its got lots of mobility as well. Im not a big fan of Big'uns, I find them unbelievably expensive for what you get.

DeathlessDraich
28-01-2007, 15:53
Nice theme but my tactic against this army would be - shoot and/or magic the spider and wolf riders - 2 wounds would force a Panic test and if that unit flees through another unit, it causes another Panic test.

I would suggest reducing the Savage infantry units to 20-24 and having more of them in place of the wolf/spider riders.

Makarion
29-01-2007, 06:47
I would think you'd need not only more shooty defence (can savage orks get some kind of flyers, ambushers or scouts at all? - but your impressive mobility may solve this), but also more magic defence than just 2 dispel scrolls and 3 dispel dice at 2,000 points. As pointed out, panic is your greatest enemy, even more so than animosity. I'd be tempted to drop the BSB and get a second shaman, or alternatively to drop the warboss and get a lord-level shaman (and upgrade the lvl 1 to 2 in that case).