PDA

View Full Version : New Dwarf Player. 2000 pts.

IceFire
28-01-2007, 16:45
Title says it all!

Tactics i plan to use is to form a gun line in a corner with warriors used as protection.

The miners (hopefully) come in from behind to take out warmachines/ from the edge to get a rear charge if needed.

The thanes and runesmith join the warriors. The copters are used to support the miners and prevent marches.

Anyway heres the list!

Dwarf 2003
Lords/Heros

Dragon Slayer Balegedd
Rune of Snorri Spanglehelm
2 runes of fury
Total 125

Thane
Shield
Runes: Master swiftness
Snorri S
Fury
Total 142

Thane
Runes: Master Gromril
Resistance
Might
Total: 140

RuneSmith
Shield
Total: 72

Hero Total: 479

Core

Twelve warriors
Shields
Full Command
Total: 129

Twelve warriors
Shields
Full Command
Total: 129

Ten Thunderers
Shields
Full command
Total: 175

Ten Thunderers
Shields
Full command
Total: 175

Core Total: 608

Special

Cannon
Engineer
Rune of forging
Total: 140

Cannon
Engineer
Rune of forging
Rune of reloading
Total: 150

GrudgeThrower
Engineer
Rune of accuracy
Total: 120

Sixteen miners
Full command
Steam Drill
Total: 226

Special Total: 636

Rare

Gyrocopter 140

Gyrocopter 140

Rare Total: 280

All critisism welcome! (and wanted:) )

Prince Sairion
28-01-2007, 19:04
Why go for the gunline?

Just ask as IMO extra axes are the way to go over shooting folk. 12 warriors will be eaten by anything, not worth it. 16 miners work well with your tactic, but remember they move 6" and can't charge immediately when they arrive, by which point the war machine you want to stop has had 2/3 turns to reduce your 12 dwarfs to 4:D

Thunderers = good. Gyrocopters, nothing wrong with them, bit rare fluff-wise to see two of them in such a small army.

You need numbers in warhammer now, or, something so heavily geared to thinning those numbers that you can get away without.

Finally, it is soo boring to play a gunline that after a game or two you will want to start doing something different or just quit with Dwarfs altogether!

The Temenian
29-01-2007, 06:07
for your heroes i would recommend maybe getting rid of the dragon slayer (hes kind of expensive, and im not sure youll get your points back from him) for anouther runesmith or some more runesmith runes, 5dd may not be enough against some armies. also consider making one of the thanes a bsb, they're useful

your group of warriors have to be much bigger if you're expecting to win combats with them, probably at least groups of 20. i would reccomend removing the veterans from the warriors for some extra points.

remove the command from the thunderers, if they get in combat, they will probably lose (at least in my experience) and thats 125 extra points if their caught (veteran, muscian, standard bearer and standard) you can keep the musician if you want, im not sure how often he will actually be of use though

special is pretty good, possibly remove the engineers from the cannons and GT if you need extra points, maybe consider splitting the miners into 2 groups of 8 to be more efficent, and get two table corners

rare: seems good, flame cannons, and organs guns are good too, but gyrocopters can work

Teach
29-01-2007, 12:29
You only need 3 core units, so 2 thunders and 1 warriors is enough. Trim down the runes on your thanes. You can use the dragon slayer without any runes. Then he has the choice between his axes. Lose the banners and veterans in the thunderers. This saves you about 200pts in total enough for an extra unit.
Take some runes for the smith. Maybe the rune of brotherhood is fun to use on a thane. It seems that you don't have more models yet. Maybe you have some of other armies you can use as mercenaries?
Good luck! Have fun!

IceFire
29-01-2007, 13:56
hmm ok, ill gert rid of the runes on the slayer and add some to the smith to help with DD. Ill remove to commands from the thunderers and merge the warriors to one group.

unless im mistaken (im at uni so i cant check my books) i can only have 4 special choices, so i cant split my miners into two gorups of eight. I wouldnt really want to do that anyway as i gave a steam drill to the Prospector, and i feel this will almost always result in the miners turning up. (75% chance on the second turn) also i hope the threat of a bunch of miners will worry my opponent!

when i get home ill write up a list with those changes and see if i can fit in some rangers which fit in with my fluff, and will also alow me to gain a foward position.

Do you think Rangers would get enough support from gyrocopters and incoming miners? Maybe I should point out im a newbie Warhammer player. :p